Following the release of Boris Johnson’s plans for the future of cycling in London, Jack Rich takes a bike ride through London in 2026… Leaving the house in the morning, I throw on my coat and scarf and slurp the last of my coffee. Out on the road, my bike computer tells me I’ve allowed [...]
Tag Archives | cycling
Last week, cycle campaigners up and down the UK, choked on their morning cup of coffee, in sheer shock, as TfL revealed their plans for extending Cycle Superhighway 2. The plans provide a glimpse in to the future of cycling in London. A future that cycle campaigners have been screaming for. It has to be [...]
The snow is coming down over London and many cycle commuters will be having a chilly ride home, beautifully framed by snowflakes. This morning I cycled in with a friend of mine, to show her the ropes about cycling in London. Her biggest complaint: “It’s too hot! I’m sweating!” It’s bitter sweet that on one [...]
The rain and cold weather are no reason to stop cycling through the winter. With the correct gear, you can transform your ride from cold and wet, to a warm and cosy feeling. Whilst some cyclists opt for waterproof macs, today we’re going to focus on jackets. How to pick the right winter cycling jacket [...]
Personally, I’ll wear anything to cycle in. From my normal every day clothes to Lycra and every once in a while I’ll even ride completely naked. Lately however, you probably were not too surprised to hear about jeans specifically designed for cyclists. After all, just because you ride a bike, you don’t necessarily want to [...]
I was contacted recently about the ThermaCare Heat Wraps which are part of the Pfizer portfolio. They offered me 100 free Heat Wraps to test and I thought it would be a good idea to do a group test on these and see what everyone thinks. If it helps then great, come back and report [...]
In my adventures in trying to dress up as Lala from the Teletubbies I’ve found the ATC Mini Helmet Camera to be an irreplaceable accessory. Teletubby impersonations aside, what does the ATC Mini Helmet Camera by Oregon Scientific offer cyclists? High quality HD video In tests with the ATC Mini helmet camera for cyclists, I’ve [...]
I was giving a mini tour around London to my friend Lucy recently (Showing those Brummies a bit of London!). We were in Covent Garden at the time, when she told me she was looking for a pair of gloves that allow you to use your touch screen phone without taking them off. I was [...]
I’ve only ever met one “celebrity” in my life. The guy from Maroon 5. If I ever mention this to someone I normally shrug nonchalantly. However, if I met the author behind the popular Bike Snob NYC blog, things would be a little different. Embarrassingly different. You see, I’m a bit of a fan boy [...]
Guest post by Chris Bean They call it London-on-Sea, so it definitely fits on this blog. Right? Good. Biking in Brighton is, well, not that different from biking in London – there are potholes, buses, taxis and gormless pedestrians to keep you amused. The whole experience is however, distinctly provincial compared to riding around London, [...]
1. Why cycle? (Inspiration to keep you going) Money in the pocket: In the UK our train fares are up to 10 times higher than many of our European counterparts such as Italy and Greece. Season tickets can cost up to £4000. A high end bike plus accessories will set you back around £1000. The [...]
Was a Kindle one of the gifts you opened for Christmas? If you are anything like my sister then you’ve already been downloading books faster than you could possibly ever read them. Here is a selection of cycling books to consider. Read about a cycling adventure to India Currently the best selling cycling book on [...]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bring your camera: 6 great photogenic spots to cycle to in London 15/05/2013
- Rapha & Raeburn City Wind Jacket review 13/05/2013
- Finding a bicycle utopia in Belize 10/05/2013
- Vulpine Merino T-Shirt review 09/05/2013
- How westminster plans to keep the cyclists out and Simon Cowell in 08/05/2013
- MITIE London Revolution is now the largest multi-day sportive in the UK 07/05/2013
- Ray: Nice case, but I would recommend the Pong Research...
- Philip: I agree with making eye contact - you've just mad...
- Cheap scaffolding: I lately came across your guide and have know al...
- Audrius: In my motherland (Lithuania) we have pretty hefty ...
- Jon: I too have the Topeak Aero Wedge but I'm not a ma...
- Phil Russell: [[[[ SteveP----The Police "Cycle Task Force" are...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now