We’ve all done it. We’ve all fallen off our bike and tried to play it cool. I have two memorable occasions. The first was in Birmingham. My dad was visiting and wanted to go jogging. Me being a don’t-like-using-my-legs-unless-it’s-for-cycling kinda guy I took the executive decision to follow on the bike. Lazy I know and […]
Tag Archives | cycling in london
When the new Evans Cycles store opened in West End on Mortimer Street I got invited along to take a look around. I was very impressed with the store and also with what I heard from the management team. The new store is London’s largest Evans Cycles and it is mainly located underground. The surroundings […]
Whenever something goes wrong on a bike the typical course of action is as follows. Step 1 – curse the cycling gods! Step 2 – Try to ignore the problem for as long as possible. Step 3 – give in and visit the nearest bike shop. You then find someone who looks knowledgeable and describe […]
The first few pictures have been emerging of London’s much hyped cycle superhighways. But which of these two visions do you think is more likely to be realised? Wide paths with room to overtake cyclists and travel at a decent speed No vehicles in the cycle lanes Cycle paths not too near to parked cars […]
Recommend a cycling route to others (& Mary) and also perhaps find a few new cycling routes yourself
This week we’ve been looking at some pretty big cycling related issues. After all the debating and vote button clicking the results are in! London Cycle Hire Scheme A very clear cut winner here! Eight out of ten cyclists think the Cycle Hire Scheme is overall a good idea for London. Whilst there is overwhelming […]
Today there are two very exciting bits of news I’m pleased to announce. The first is that the London Cyclist blog email newsletter officially starts today. Woo! Secondly, I’m giving away a free bicycle maintenance eBook to celebrate the launch! Extra content and discounts I’ll start with the newsletter. This is something I’ve wanted to […]
What is faster – the London Underground or a bicycle? Video included at the end of this post Everyone can remember the excellent Top Gear episode where Richard Hammond travelled by bike to London City Airport and beat his co-presenters who between them used a car, a boat and public transport. It made for a […]
Merry Christmas from London Cyclist Blog I’m already back at home putting my feet up, enjoying the Christmas tree and looking forward to tomorrows huge dinner that is certain to send me on a very nice two hour sleep. Hope you are having a similarly great time. Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year with […]
What do you do when you’re coming up to a red traffic light? Do you just stop where you are? Do you work your way to the front of the traffic? Do you track stand to be ready when the light turns green? Do you race through orange lights or stop? I wanted to share […]
You can get discount in many cycle shops The LCC as well as the CTC website lists many local bike shops that offer discounts if you are a member. These include Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery shops. If you frequently buy a lot of cycling gear then it can be worth joining these groups. Of […]
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- cal city corporation: Hi, can sell your used car so contact to cal ...
- MJ Ray: Yes, we should, but what do you propose we do? Hun...
- Garmin nuvi 2555 gps lifetime: Hi, yup this post is actually nice and I have lear...
- Garmin nuvi lmt 2555: I don't write many remarks, but i did some search...
- castle clash cheats free: I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers...
- silver cross pram: Hey There Londoncyclist, Thanks for that, No Prof...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now