Have you ever walked out of a bike shop feeling highly irritated with how you’ve been treated? Maybe the staff were patronising, didn’t listen to your needs or pushed too hard to get you to order a service you didn’t need. It’s an unfortunate story that many cyclists, especially those new to the game, will […]
Tag Archives | bike shop
Recently in an email to London Cyclist: What is the best bike shop in London? Depends on your flavour.. A bike shop that can build you a custom bike depending on your requirements: Cloud 9 Cycles and Foffa Bikes A bike shop that will show you all the latest dutch style gear: Velorution or Bobbin […]
Find your nearest London Bike Shop, cycle cafe or mobile bike repair service in one quick tap
My first “London” bike purchase was a second hand bike when I was a student. I saved a ton of money and bought a bike I would not have been able to afford first hand. The two problems I faced were making sure the bike is not stolen and getting a good deal. Note: This […]
Eyeing MiCycle in Islington from the outside you imagine it looks like your typical bike shop. Shiny bikes on display and bike mechanics carefully reviving neglected bikes. But something more is happening here behind the scenes. You could say MiCycle is part of a new breed of bike shops. I try to open the door […]
When the new Evans Cycles store opened in West End on Mortimer Street I got invited along to take a look around. I was very impressed with the store and also with what I heard from the management team. The new store is London’s largest Evans Cycles and it is mainly located underground. The surroundings […]
Whenever something goes wrong on a bike the typical course of action is as follows. Step 1 – curse the cycling gods! Step 2 – Try to ignore the problem for as long as possible. Step 3 – give in and visit the nearest bike shop. You then find someone who looks knowledgeable and describe […]
Have you found yourself a good local bike shop yet? If you haven’t then you don’t know what you’re missing out on. Above is just some of the bits I have picked up recently. When I got to the local bike shop I know the advice I will get and the parts I will be […]
The only thing stranding between you and and riding away with a gorgeous new bike is the expensive price tag. In this article I will outline the rules of negotiating that will ensure you get a good deal. Rule #1 Realise you are in power In turbulent times when people are saving money, every sale […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Matt: I agree - many a time have I been blinded by oncom...
- eric: The RoadID app sends a breadcrumb that your signif...
- MJ Ray: "If you use a bright light, do be responsible –...
- Daniel: No longer do I ought to stand in line in the coffe...
- Alan Moore: Surprised you mention high viz, as this makes almo...
- Dave: Carlos, OsmAnd allows you to use vector maps of...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets