If you are heading out on a bike ride, it’s nice to be without a bag on your back. Depending on how much you are carrying, you may be able to get away with just a frame bag. You’d be surprised how much some of them can carry. Not only can you relieve your back […]
Tag Archives | bag
I know I’m certainly not the only person who has struggled to find an ideal luggage solution for the ride to work. I’ve flirted with rucksacks, suit carriers and pannier bags, but always end up returning to my big, uncomfortable and cumbersome backpack. While the suit carrier seems ideal on paper, it wasn’t for me. […]
Like many cyclists, I’m forever searching for a rucksack that is ideal for my commute to work five days a week: one that will allow me to carry my suit jacket, shirt, trousers, pants, socks, shoes, towel, shower gel, shaving gel, deodorant to work in a convenient and practical carrier. It’s a long list of […]
I’ve got a small confession to make… I’m somewhat bag obsessed! I love the feeling of a good bag; that feels comfortable on my back, has pockets where I need them, keeps my bits and bobs safe and is quick to access. That’s why we’ve had so many bag reviews in the past on London […]
A little while back we posted a picture on Facebook that caused a little bit of a stir. The picture was of the Union 34 bike bag. It got a lot of likes and I was looking forward to testing out this new, innovative product. Is it a backpack? Is it a pannier? Is it […]
For commuting cyclists a question I’ll commonly hear is: “How do you carry your suit in to work when you are riding a bike?” There are a few different solutions. 1. Take it in by public transport and leave it at work The first option is to leave the bike at home once per week […]
Review by Godwyns Onwuchekwa Using the Linus Market bag (£94.99, Linus Bikes) for some weeks now has completely revolutionize the way I think and see panniers. It is in a class of its own, with excellent convenience that makes it the bag any gentle man or elegant woman out there just wants [to be seen […]
Shopping trips are often a pain on the bike. Panniers are undoubtedly useful, but the rest of the time they feel clunky to me. Therefore, I often rely on a large gym bag strapped over my shoulder. When full of shopping, its large diameter makes it difficult to cycle. Until recently, it was the best […]
As I recently discovered, safely transporting your bike on an airplane can be tricky. The bike I used for that trip was a 10 year old much abused Marin Hybrid Bike. But let’s say I was transporting a two or three thousand pound prized road bike. I wouldn’t exactly want to wrap it in a […]
In the pub near Oxford Circus I spotted a cyclist pedalling past with some very trendy looking pannier bags. Whilst the Ortlieb bags are the long loved classics they are not particularly stylish. Here’s a quick roundup of panniers that break from the classic designs. Brooks Devon 22.5L | £224.99 – Available from Evans Cycles […]
If you are a little bit like me, then you like it when things are organised. Everything has its place and you know where you can find it. If we lived in a a world of ultimate organisation, I imagine the bag we would be using, would look a little something like the STM Jet […]
Carrying things around on your back is a pain. Especially in the summer months where it leads to a sweaty back. Therefore, when I’m heading out for a leisurely ride, it’s a good convenience to throw the essentials, such as a puncture repair kit and my keys, out of the way in a saddle bag. […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- How to choose a long distance commuting bike…. 13/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Riccardo: Read my answer below...
- Riccardo: Hi there. This backpack is great for grocery, But ...
- Fern: I have been using the Cbag for a few years and it ...
- Nick Donnelly: Just like the bikes - these are as fugly as it get...
- Rebecca Olds: Yes. But with the Stockport, it's so easy and con...
- Rebecca Olds: I agree: the two bags Carradice make specifically ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets