Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Tag Archives | advocacy
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is […]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will […]
I think people have one of two emotions when they see motorists stuck in traffic . You may be among the people that as you zoom past on your bike think “haha suckers”. Or you may be among the people that feel a little bit sorry for poor Mr Motorist getting nowhere. Martin Williamson is […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Jules: Living and riding in the Surrey Hills I encounter ...
- Andrew Russell: 1) Hydration thingy, I have a Camelbak, I work in ...
- John Somers: I have found from significant experience of "bump...
- Andrew: +1 for turning off flashing lights (or putting you...
- MJ Ray: The person behind shouldn't be cycling within twe...
- Pontylad: Passed a bunch of horses the other day on a narrow...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now