Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical [...]
Tag Archives | advocacy
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is [...]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will [...]
I think people have one of two emotions when they see motorists stuck in traffic . You may be among the people that as you zoom past on your bike think “haha suckers”. Or you may be among the people that feel a little bit sorry for poor Mr Motorist getting nowhere. Martin Williamson is [...]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Riding the MITIE London Revolution 22/05/2013
- Bring your camera: 6 great photogenic spots to cycle to in London 15/05/2013
- Rapha & Raeburn City Wind Jacket review 13/05/2013
- Finding a bicycle utopia in Belize 10/05/2013
- Vulpine Merino T-Shirt review 09/05/2013
- How westminster plans to keep the cyclists out and Simon Cowell in 08/05/2013
- working from home: Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to ...
- Sam: Sorry Alan, I meant to include the costs but it co...
- Alan Moore: Well done Simon, thanks!...
- Simon Wilcox: For now it's still up at http://www.london-revolu...
- Alan Moore: How much is the entry, camping etc.? Seems odd to ...
- Simon Wilcox: I paid full price for this year's Revolution incl...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now