Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Tag Archives | advocacy
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is […]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will […]
I think people have one of two emotions when they see motorists stuck in traffic . You may be among the people that as you zoom past on your bike think “haha suckers”. Or you may be among the people that feel a little bit sorry for poor Mr Motorist getting nowhere. Martin Williamson is […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- How to choose a long distance commuting bike…. 13/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- MJ Ray: I'm skipping this year because of http://cambridg...
- ken: THINK BIKE -THINK DARTMOOR http://www.famil...
- ken: Hi everyone ! Wish to contribute something for ...
- Martin: He's half right. The UK doesn't really operate a...
- danny: i have just had a crash into someone who just step...
- Andrea: I researched the bags and then decided on the Carr...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now