Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Tag Archives | advocacy
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is […]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will […]
I think people have one of two emotions when they see motorists stuck in traffic . You may be among the people that as you zoom past on your bike think “haha suckers”. Or you may be among the people that feel a little bit sorry for poor Mr Motorist getting nowhere. Martin Williamson is […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Velosock – A sock for your bike reviewed 30/07/2015
- Discerning Cyclist Style Guide – Summer Edition 18/07/2015
- 5 accessories for a summer of cycling 25/06/2015
- What it’s like to get knocked off your bike 22/06/2015
- Traffic-free Sundays on Regent Street in July 18/06/2015
- What it’s like to race Bradley Wiggins 09/06/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- DH: You also missed Sportif Magazine, second highest f...
- Willa: londoncyclist.co.uk has potential, you can make yo...
- Steve Marshall: Community, What is the latest thoughts/links/re...
- Anta: Velosock isn't waterpfoorf to protect bike from r...
- Dave: I frequently use my HPV Streetmachine recumbent fo...
- Andrew Curry: If you're trying to keep your carpet clean/ dry w...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now