Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Tag Archives | advocacy
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is […]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will […]
I think people have one of two emotions when they see motorists stuck in traffic . You may be among the people that as you zoom past on your bike think “haha suckers”. Or you may be among the people that feel a little bit sorry for poor Mr Motorist getting nowhere. Martin Williamson is […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Why you should watch the Cyclocross in Milton Keynes on Saturday 26/11/2014
- How not to use bike lights 26/11/2014
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Paul: My worst habit helps keep my bike safe; I never cl...
- Jon: Flashing lights, yes or no? Slightly off topic but...
- david: My top tip is have more than one light, especially...
- Chris: Thanks Sheridan. I shall stop concerning myself w...
- Guilermo: you don't need a stop function the dynamo will di...
- Trev: Rear lights mounted on rucksacks my pet hate, ok u...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now