Despite having had a very bad nights sleep I’m very excited about having moved house yesterday into Swiss Cottage. Of course, as anyone who has moved house before will know, I was feeling a bit nervous. This was mainly because I had not yet seen the house I was minutes away from moving into so I did not know what to expect. When I arrived with all my things packed away in boxes and had my first look around the house I was shocked.
I don’t know about you but every time I’ve moved in the past the house has been in more of a need of a clean than most bikes in London. This house was different, it was… clean!
The second shock was how spacious the house was. I had only seen some blurry pictures that didn’t paint a great picture but I trusted my friend who I’m living with to have picked a good place. Luckily he has.
The cyclist I got as a present now proudly sat near my bed
Now there is only three things left to do. The first is fix the doorbell alarm that kept me up last night, the second is convert my friend into a cyclist (it is futile resisting) and the third is to have a cycle around the area to explore.
What I know so far about Swiss Cottage:
- There is a table dancing club somewhere which I probably won’t be visiting
- There is an Odeon cinema somewhere which I probably will be visiting
- Free wifi in the library – not sure where the library is?
- There is a swimming pool and leisure centre
- There is a pub called Ye Old Swiss Cottage
- My house is on the boundary between Westminster and Camden council (handily named Boundary Road)
- and I’m not too far from Little Venice canal which I want to visit soon
As you can see my knowledge is pretty limited at the moment but as soon as I finish writing this I’m off to have a look around. I’m also for now being more over protective of my bike than most paranoid mothers are of their children. It has no less than three locks attached to it! Including my new Kryptonite lock which I will be reviewing soon.
Anyway, from now on this is my base and where I will be running London Cyclist from. Wish me luck!
Join 10,221 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.