Once the magazine Mountain Biking UK applies the label “Trail of the year” to a place, a visit becomes inevitable. Fortunately, said place is Swinley Forest. A mere 50 minutes train ride from central London. On route there, the excitement rapidly builds as the heavily populated sights of London give way to thick green forest. […]
Archive | Routes RSS feed for this section
What makes a good road cycling route? Living in central London means the little quiet country lanes that are excellent for road cycling are often a short train ride away. Therefore, when I’m researching a good route I tend to look for easy train access. Ideally, I want the cycle route to be a good […]
With the new Canzo by VooDoo bikes sat in my lounge, mud free and annoying my housemate I believe it’s time to take it out for some rides around London. So what mountain bike options are available for those of us who want to go mountain biking in London? Well, I don’t know if you […]
Discover the 30 best places to go cycling in London with the new London Cyclist iPhone app.
With good weather on the way I’m planning a little trip along London’s canals. This is the route I’ll be taking. There’s a fantastic pub on the Thames called The Grapes. It was mentioned in the Charles Dickens novel “Our Mutual Friend” and if you get there when it isn’t too busy then it’s an […]
See also: Where to watch the Olympic Road Race Much of the 2012 road race will done around Box Hill. London Cyclist reader Ian has been investigating the 15.5km route that will be covered nine times by the male cyclists and twice by the women. Bike route 884987 – powered by Bikemap Having lived a […]
Writing’s on the Wall is an audio and visual journey by bicycle exploring the changing face of London’s East End from Shoreditch to Hackney Wick. Learn about the area through some of the most prolific Street artists who use its architecture as their canvas. Hear about the work in the artists’ own voices, while exploring […]
This is a guest post by Graham Hills of Bikers Delight. Cycle – eat – cycle – eat – cycle – eat – cycle. The perfect day out?! Combining some of the best grazing in London, with diverse cycling sights, this London bike ride gives a full workout for the senses. A triangular route visiting […]
Each day I head into London and have a choice between 3 great routes. I can either go direct and take the busy A-road. I can go through some quiet residential streets and around Regent’s Park or I can head down the hill and through Camden. When I first started living here I mixed things […]
The London Cycling Routes eBook has had a major update. Those of you who have already downloaded the eBook will see the update in your inbox tomorrow. Here are the updates.. 5 new routes added The main feedback people sent me was: “Great stuff! Simply add more of the same!”. That is exactly what I’ve […]
Over the weekend there will be plenty of time to get some good testing of the new cycle hire bikes. Hop on them while they are still nice and shiny! Here 3 great rides you might want to try and here is a map of the cycle hire docking stations for you to refer to. […]
One of the ways to train for a big cycling event is to find some good circular rides that you can repeat. This allows for a constant speed, there is no need to keep checking the route and you can easily keep track of progress. Richmond Park Richmond Park is easily one of the most […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 17 local London bike shops – offer ended! 13/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Spencer: "I’m still not entirely sure how to fix a punct...
- Phil: Murphy's Law now dictates that, having stated you...
- pulau harapan: you're actually a excellent webmaster. The site l...
- Tony G: "You’ll find yourself ever more judgemental of ...
- kannan: what object we should use to seal the puncture...
- Kibera: The problem with the psycholists on the superhighw...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now