My review of the Topeak Super Tourist DX rack which fits both normal and disc brake bikes. Review includes difficulties I had with installation, my thoughts on moving over to rear bike racks and my overall opinion of the Topeak for carrying loads on the bike.
Bike Week is kicking off faster than an English football hooligan in South Africa. Its aim is to get half a million people on bikes. It will do this using its arsenal of free breakfasts, organised bike rides, free bike repair sessions and plenty of patting people on the back for being a cyclist. If […]
Once again continuing London Cyclists “comment Friday” tradition (better names on a post-card please!) I want to hear some thoughts on the cycle superhighways. Vincent was kind enough to send me some pictures of the Cycle Superhighways along Narrow Street leading to Canary Wharf. This route has long been one I believe TfL need to […]
The prospect of cycling 7 miles around central London completely naked has never exactly been in my “100 things to do before I die” list. Nor, for that matter, has it ever featured in my nightmares. So I went along to this year’s London Naked Bike Ride with a completely open mind and unsure as […]
I recently put the question out on Twitter about which bike rack I should get. Here is what my Twitter followers had to say: alexbutcher @londoncyclist Tubus cro-mo rack. Will last you a life time and can be repaired if required. A truly awesome product jmwollny @londoncyclist Blackburn and Tubus are very good EnekOraintxe @londoncyclist […]
A friend of mine, Sam. Has made his big move down to London. Or, more specifically, his big move into our lounge in London. This is while he waits for his house to be available to move into. Soon he will be starting his training as an estate agent. (And yes he is being asked […]
June 20th is coming up fast and it’s the time of the year when I wish my dad was more into his cycling! I’m still trying hard to convince him to buy a GoCycle instead of a moped. If you’re still a little stuck for ideas then here’s a roundup of bestselling gift ideas for […]
As we are 9 days into the Cycle Challenge I thought it would be a good time to report on progress. Team London Cyclist has clocked in 4,778 miles so far The team has grown to 74 members We are in 3rd place in our “Social Group” of 50 to 100 members – a good […]
Until now bike thieves have had it fairly good. Not only do they have a big pool of potential targets, many of them badly secured, but they also have a big audience to sell to. Thanks to websites such as eBay and Gumtree they can reach out and make big profits from expensive bikes. While […]
Being nosy is the reason TV shows like “Through the keyhole” became so popular. It’s why we can’t help but peek through the window of a house as we cycle past. It’s why we are so tempted to read over someone’s shoulder what message they are texting! Perhaps the last one is just me? One […]
Yesterday, I received an email from Jared who wanted help from fellow London Cyclists and passers by to back him up against the taxi driver who swerved across in front of him and caused a collision. The taxi driver then proceeded to strangle Jared until he fell unconscious. This happened on March the 9th at […]
As a regular reader of this blog you may already be aware I’m a big fan of my Kryptonite New York 3000. It has kept my bike safe for over a year. Though, it is not without its limitations. For a start due to the small diameter of the lock it’s tough to lock my […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- Bike lights definitive guide 02/02/2016
- Coboc electric bike review 02/02/2016
- What to look for in a second hand bike 29/01/2016
- Knog Blinder MOB Review 28/01/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- jhon roadbiker: Hi there. Interesting things to share that few day...
- Dave: How can I be sure it's not dazzling people?. Beca...
- Paresh: Well 18 months on, days before a court date, the d...
- Cazzy: Aldi do a lobster glove very cheap at around £8.0...
- Sorry Head: Hi John, I really can't believe what I'm readin...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[[[ Looks like the motor cuts out as you hit ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets