How to go from a horrible dirty bike that doesn’t work very well to a nice clean bike that performs well. Also good advice on where to apply lube
Here is a highly useful collection of websites you can use to plan and find cycling routes around London.
Fancy cycling to Paris for a weekend escape? Oui. A new route ready for the 2012 Olympics is being built that will link London to Paris. The plan is to utilise existing cycle paths and link them together wherever necessary with new routes. The starting point in London is at the iconic St. Paul’s Cathedral […]
Cycling shorts for those of us who don’t want to wear lycra. A useful guide to what to look for and how to choose the perfect shorts
"He needs to think less about attention-grabbing policies linked to niche modes of travel like cycling and grasp the bigger problems of transport in the capital, not least congestion in outer London. With the best will in the world, encouraging a few more people onto their bikes is not going to solve the relentless jams […]
What I’ve been reading Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! London Cycling News Cycle to work scheme (50% off bikes!) is now available to all […]
Here is a collection of 10 DIY bike projects that you can do in your free time. Includes bike camera mount, wall mount and making your own bike trailer
The Guardian is attempting to convert all of us from being boring old cynics, blabbing on about how much we hate England, to a country full of optimistic patriots in love with where we live. Should the Guardian stop trying to fight the great British tradition for complaining, or could there be a turn around […]
The Bicycle Film Festival kicks off tomorrow in London and there is plenty going on and anyone can attend. Wednesday 23rd 7pm: Opening party at Tabernacle on Powis Square and the east to west ride Thursday 24th 8.30pm: Breaking Away bicycle film on show plus the late night party at 9.30pm at the Barbican Theatre […]
Today was the London Skyride. It involved 15km (why do they use KM in all the promotional material? I guess it sounds better than 9.32 miles) of roads closed off to cars, so that cyclists can enjoy cycling around London. There were also plenty of events being held such as bike repair stands and the […]
Darren recently got in touch with me to tell me about his latest project: 21Bikes. He is trying to build a big directory of pictures with people and their bikes.
You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, a pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including in a policeman’s helmet and cyclists cannot cycle down one-way streets. All very silly laws and all actually still exist. But of all those, the third may be about to change. (more…)
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 5 novelty jerseys for your cycling wardrobe 01/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- android apk: What i don't understood is if truth be told how y...
- Duncan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83XKkVYZ-I...
- MJ Ray: Don't strap things to your helmet. You don't wan...
- Bob: I use Bike Hub a lot. Plan the route on www.cycle....
- Mark: i stand corrected! sorry my mistake...
- Adam Bowie: The Instagram app is fun (see my video above for a...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now