30 of the best cycling routes in London that are simply unmissable. These routes should almost be given out to everyone with a new bike purchase! If anyone ever tells you that cycling in London is “too dangerous” or “all about dodging buses and taxis” then point them in the direction of this page.
The Hyde Park Pet Cemetery, the façade houses of Leinster Gardens, cycling down the narrowest street in London and the Mandela Way Tank. What do they all have in common? They are all a little bit random. They also make for an amazingly quirky bike ride around London. After visiting Lithuania who are well known […]
Whenever something goes wrong on a bike the typical course of action is as follows. Step 1 – curse the cycling gods! Step 2 – Try to ignore the problem for as long as possible. Step 3 – give in and visit the nearest bike shop. You then find someone who looks knowledgeable and describe […]
For the past couple of months I’ve been working on something really big. I’m very excited about finally announcing it to everyone and lifting the curtain on this because I know a lot of people will be interested. Early next week I will be launching an eBook with 25 amazing cycling routes around London. I […]
The first few pictures have been emerging of London’s much hyped cycle superhighways. But which of these two visions do you think is more likely to be realised? Wide paths with room to overtake cyclists and travel at a decent speed No vehicles in the cycle lanes Cycle paths not too near to parked cars […]
Recommend a cycling route to others (& Mary) and also perhaps find a few new cycling routes yourself
You’re cycling along, trying to get to work on time, feeling good with your new iPhone app tracking your progress and at some point the inevitable happens. Some clever person has found an incredible parking spot that just so happens to be a bike lane. This usually occurs roughly in the first 10 metres of […]
Here are three new iPhone cycling apps that make use of the GPS capabilities. I’ve been testing them out to find my favourite. They are: Cyclemeter, RunKeeper and Outdoors
If it isn’t yet 2.30pm UK time then you still have time to order your better half a good valentines day gift! Amy from Cyclodelic in London does a very cool range of fashionable cycling gear for women. She is offering free express postage which means as long as you order by 2.30pm on Friday […]
Got your helmet? check, got your cycling shoes? check, got your bike? check, got your dive gear? what! It’s true. The London School of diving have taken a stationary bike, placed it underwater and claimed to have invented: “World’s First Underwater Turbo-Training Bike” In other words a bit of underwater cycling. The reason behind it […]
Last week I was having an incredibly fun cycle home. I don’t know why I was enjoying it so much, perhaps because it was towards the end of a successful day and I was making up my route home on the go. As I’m waiting at a one of the many sets of London traffic […]
Bike computers add an interesting extra dimension to cycling. In their simplest form they tell you your speed and the distance you have travelled. The more complicated ones will give you much more information such as your pedal revolutions. They can be useful for improving performance or simply for curiosity sake to see how many […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Gearing up after Cycle to Work day success? 04/09/2015
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Huey: Ree, try Rainlegs. Mudguards also make it less...
- what men secretly want free pdf: -Buy a NUTRITION ALMANAC and become familiar with ...
- John: Do you mean just waterproof trousers? Or warm &am...
- Ree: I really want sallopettes for bikes to be invented...
- Andrew: As well as mirrors on the lorries, perhaps we shou...
- Alan: Spot on!...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets