I often manage to embarrass myself by bumping into the back of a car before I realise that it is now winter and I need to be more careful. This article will go through some of the precautions I take during the rainy winter months that help me get there dry and in one piece. […]
Whilst we have already covered one way of making a bicycle camera I came across Jens Almström who realised that the screw inside his bicycle bell was the same size as beneath his camera where the tripod attaches. So a simple adjustment created a camera mount on the bicycle handle bars. You will of course […]
A good guide has been posted up on Photojojo, a great blog for camera enthusiasts, on how to make your own bike camera mount which could make for some pretty cool shots around London. In total it should cost you less than $10 (£5-6) and the process looks fairly simple. I might even give it […]
Well it finally happened, cycling through a red light, past bank tube stop on a cold summers day (it is England after all) I was caught by the police. Grabbing me as I cycled past P.C. I Have Had A Bad Day and I’m Going to Take it Out on You or whatever his name […]
Make-digital has posted up an awesome guide on how to deter thieves from stealing your bike by making them think its not worth anything. I have often seen this done on bicycles in London and I think its a very good idea especially if its a highly desirable bike. Some of the tips are a […]
Boris Johnson is to follow up on his campaign pledge of allowing motorbikes in bus lanes of London which is usually the domain of cyclists and buses. He has decided to do this after successfully results in Bristol. I am a bit fearful of this change and what it will mean for safety on the […]
Hey all, I received an e-mail recently from Deb suggesting a cyclist lost and found site. When Deb was riding along… “On Friday 16th May at 7pm a passing cyclist lost her beautiful scarf while peddling down the Harrow Road. The scarf flew under the number 18 bus, but I rescued it & waved it […]
Well, the terrible weather continues in London and cycling back today I bumped into a taxi who was less than happy. I also saw a couple of people have some minor crashes so here are my recommendations in the rainy weather: Slow down – stopping times are greater so there is no need to be […]
With councils desperate to appear cycle friendly hilarious outcomes often ensue. I recently came across a fantastic website that lists cycle facilities of the month. Here are some of my favourites that really made me laugh: I would rather take my chance on the road The take your life into your own hands bike […]
UK cyclists are fighting plans to ban bikes from a rail network. The Crossrail project would see a new underground route built beneath London. But the scheme proposes to forbid any bikes from the central route, and there will be no cycle parking at main stations. Now the CTC, the UK’s largest cycling members body, […]
Occasionally you get abuse hurled at you while on a bicycle and other than the usual “f*****g t**t here are some good quotes that people have heard: Whilst riding past a guy one day who just smiled & said “Morning”….. he was crouched down at the side of trail having a dump at the time […]
Have you noticed your bike going a bit slower lately? Maybe it just seems like you have to push that extra bit harder to get it going. I have fallen victim to this lately and its probably all the bumping up and down curves on my Hybrid bike – something that I ideally shouldn’t be […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- Bike saddles: Choosing the perfect perch 06/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Mik: Among the various bike paraphernalia we've ended ...
- Kate: Yeah security is an issue but from what I could te...
- Mik: I'm presuming the big difference to average speed...
- Kate: Mik, you'll be fine esp if you do some lbs group ...
- Rob: Thanks for lots of useful info, which is what foru...
- tom: Hmm... again a very roadie centric article from Lo...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now