A new London cycling guidebook hit the bookshelves in the past couple of weeks. It’s called Where to Ride London and it is written by Nick Woodford. This chap here: Having written a similar guidebook myself (30 London Cycle Routes) I was looking forward to seeing what Nick came up with and hopefully recommending his […]
What are the 3 things to look for when buying a bicycle helmet and also which helmet does Lance wear?
On this weeks “Comment Friday” I’d like to hear about what bikes you guys use to commute. My bike is a Marin Hybrid. I bought it second hand a few years ago and whilst it’s on its last legs now it still serves me well until I have enough money for the next bike purchase. […]
A couple of my cycling friends have recently been victims of bike piranhas. They’ve come back and noticed their bike is missing a saddle or a front wheel. In the worse cases friends have reported coming back to their bike to find nothing but the frame and the bike lock. Unfortunately, even using the correct […]
During yesterdays tube strike the media inevitably turned their attention to cycling as a way of getting to work. This provided some great publicity for cycling and the BBC even invited me in to talk about it. To get there I cycled through the mayhem of rush hour. I thought it was pretty mad out […]
The London Cycling Routes eBook has had a major update. Those of you who have already downloaded the eBook will see the update in your inbox tomorrow. Here are the updates.. 5 new routes added The main feedback people sent me was: “Great stuff! Simply add more of the same!”. That is exactly what I’ve […]
85,000 people took over London’s roads in this years Skyride. A member of staff looks on as cheery Londoners cycle past. Give people a chance to be a little bit quirky and express themselves and they’ll take it. With beautiful results! The cheery “lollypop” staff who try to organise the mayhem. Some people appreciate them […]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will […]
I’m lying in bed feeling lazy. Suddenly a scary thought pops into my mind. Damn, I scheduled that meeting today. I look down at my watch. I have just 15 minutes to get from Swiss Cottage to Hyde Park. I throw on my clothes, grab my bike, tap the lift button continuously until it arrives […]
Most people already have the perfect device for tracking their cycling and following great cycling routes. Their mobile phone. The only problem is the majority of the time they just leave it in their pockets and don’t think about it until they get a call reminding them to pickup some milk on the way home. […]
Cycling down Swiss Cottage high street in North London and ticking off various errands as I’ve done so many times before I pondered a question. How hard could it be to get my local council to install some new bicycle parking here? I’m sure lots of London Cyclists have pondered this question. Perhaps, it’s outside […]
As soon as my delayed Easyjet flight landed in London around 1am and I got my very tired self home I remembered the post I had written last week. I asked all of you to send me in some birthday wishes. I was worried to check it because what if there was just 2 comments […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review and Competition! 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- John Anderson: Bicycle Workshop on All Saints Road is an excellen...
- Ben: Another +1 for Fitzrovia Cycles. SBC Cycles is ...
- Helen: Looking for Speedplay pedal servicing.... any sugg...
- Peter Smith: +1 for Fitzrovia Cycles. It's run as a co-op b...
- Emily: Skinny Eric's in Hackney Wick! Really good work a...
- Peter C: London Bicycle Repair Shop just off the Cut in Wat...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now