It’s a horrible thought, but it is far better to be aware of the steps needed if you are in an accident or indeed if you witness an accident with a cyclist and need to help. When we tweeted about this it got a lot more clicks than expected so understandably this is something people […]
During the tube strikes a good friend of mine cycled from St John’s Wood to Canary Wharf for the first time. He enjoyed his cycle but on the way back he enjoyed it even more. This is because he was cycling with someone else from work. He found cycling with someone else not only meant […]
I get a lot of reader questions on London Cyclist and many of them I answer without ever showing on the blog but there is one common theme emerging: Fear to leave a bike somewhere. Take a look at the latest one.. I am about to change jobs, and I am losing the garage cycle […]
On September 17th and 18th the Artcrank poster show that has been such a huge success in America will be in London. There will be a ton of very cool posters many of which you can buy at a very good rate. Here is the official blurb… ARTCRANK LONDON 2010 Bikes are the world’s most […]
A new London cycling guidebook hit the bookshelves in the past couple of weeks. It’s called Where to Ride London and it is written by Nick Woodford. This chap here: Having written a similar guidebook myself (30 London Cycle Routes) I was looking forward to seeing what Nick came up with and hopefully recommending his […]
What are the 3 things to look for when buying a bicycle helmet and also which helmet does Lance wear?
On this weeks “Comment Friday” I’d like to hear about what bikes you guys use to commute. My bike is a Marin Hybrid. I bought it second hand a few years ago and whilst it’s on its last legs now it still serves me well until I have enough money for the next bike purchase. […]
A couple of my cycling friends have recently been victims of bike piranhas. They’ve come back and noticed their bike is missing a saddle or a front wheel. In the worse cases friends have reported coming back to their bike to find nothing but the frame and the bike lock. Unfortunately, even using the correct […]
During yesterdays tube strike the media inevitably turned their attention to cycling as a way of getting to work. This provided some great publicity for cycling and the BBC even invited me in to talk about it. To get there I cycled through the mayhem of rush hour. I thought it was pretty mad out […]
The London Cycling Routes eBook has had a major update. Those of you who have already downloaded the eBook will see the update in your inbox tomorrow. Here are the updates.. 5 new routes added The main feedback people sent me was: “Great stuff! Simply add more of the same!”. That is exactly what I’ve […]
85,000 people took over London’s roads in this years Skyride. A member of staff looks on as cheery Londoners cycle past. Give people a chance to be a little bit quirky and express themselves and they’ll take it. With beautiful results! The cheery “lollypop” staff who try to organise the mayhem. Some people appreciate them […]
Having yesterday revealed the amount of time cyclists spend at red lights there is one suggestion that the Mayor of London supports that could make a big difference. Simply allowing cyclists to make a left turn at a red light. Currently, doing this incurs a £30 fine if you are caught. Yet, some cyclists will […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
- Henri: That didn't work with me. I bought an old and ugl...
- charley: Cyclehack London is part of a global movement brin...
- Fukal: Would it be that hard to put full specs for each c...
- Andy: Hub Velo in Clapton is tiny but ace...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now