In times when everyone is trying to watch their spending have you considered how much you are saving or could be saving by cycling? There are 22 working days in a month A tube fare in zone 1-2 is £2.20 during peak hours when most people commute to work. The journey there and back is […]
Monthly feature: London Cyclist rounds up all the news that you shouldn’t miss out on as a cyclist and hand delivers you the most interesting bits. God were good to you! Miami is trying to become a more bicycle friendly city and the mayor has started an initiative whereby certain central roads are restricted to […]
I spotted these cool bicycle bells in Covent Garden. Love the funkyness of them. Pretty much essential when cycling in London to have a bicycle bell – the number of pedestrians that just walk out without looking is unreal. Have any of you spotted any cool bicycle products while out on your travels? You may […]
If you want to find out how to fix a bike you have no need to go running to a professional repair shop if you harness the power of the internet! There are a lot of online bicycle repair sites out there desperately wanting your attention but I recommend you try the following three which […]
I often manage to embarrass myself by bumping into the back of a car before I realise that it is now winter and I need to be more careful. This article will go through some of the precautions I take during the rainy winter months that help me get there dry and in one piece. […]
Whilst we have already covered one way of making a bicycle camera I came across Jens Almström who realised that the screw inside his bicycle bell was the same size as beneath his camera where the tripod attaches. So a simple adjustment created a camera mount on the bicycle handle bars. You will of course […]
A good guide has been posted up on Photojojo, a great blog for camera enthusiasts, on how to make your own bike camera mount which could make for some pretty cool shots around London. In total it should cost you less than $10 (£5-6) and the process looks fairly simple. I might even give it […]
Well it finally happened, cycling through a red light, past bank tube stop on a cold summers day (it is England after all) I was caught by the police. Grabbing me as I cycled past P.C. I Have Had A Bad Day and I’m Going to Take it Out on You or whatever his name […]
Make-digital has posted up an awesome guide on how to deter thieves from stealing your bike by making them think its not worth anything. I have often seen this done on bicycles in London and I think its a very good idea especially if its a highly desirable bike. Some of the tips are a […]
Boris Johnson is to follow up on his campaign pledge of allowing motorbikes in bus lanes of London which is usually the domain of cyclists and buses. He has decided to do this after successfully results in Bristol. I am a bit fearful of this change and what it will mean for safety on the […]
Hey all, I received an e-mail recently from Deb suggesting a cyclist lost and found site. When Deb was riding along… “On Friday 16th May at 7pm a passing cyclist lost her beautiful scarf while peddling down the Harrow Road. The scarf flew under the number 18 bus, but I rescued it & waved it […]
Well, the terrible weather continues in London and cycling back today I bumped into a taxi who was less than happy. I also saw a couple of people have some minor crashes so here are my recommendations in the rainy weather: Slow down – stopping times are greater so there is no need to be […]
Join 8,231 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- What is your bike made of? Bike frame materials and their properties 05/12/2013
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- Endura Gridlock II Women’s Waterproof Jacket review 21/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Larue: I am sure this post has touched all the internet u...
- Nick: Scattered laser light and particularly reflections...
- Shauna: Hi, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, sinc...
- Anna: I ride 8.5 miles each way and always become sweaty...
- Simon Wilcox: The frame is the one component of a bike that you...
- MJ Ray: What's the source on that alloy claim? Seems cont...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists