Isn’t it great when you discover a great piece of cycling kit that makes your life easier or more enjoyable? Occasionally when a moment like that happens you want to tell everyone about it! Well, hopefully that’s where London Cyclist comes in! I’m keen to get London Cyclist blog readers more involved with the blog. […]
London Cyclist sponsors Going Going Bike (a new bike auction site that’s hoping to solve the is the bike I’m buying stolen or not problem) are running a competition at the moment to discover different ways to keep your bike safe. To enter this competition submit an image to the Bike Love section of the […]
The big news that has been occupying the cycling blog headlines this week was an announcement by Boris that he is considering banning HGVs from the city centre. He mainly quoted environmental reasons as the precursor of the ban. Though of course cycling campaigners will be quite happy to piggyback on a ban. Looking at […]
Walking down the Greenwich foot tunnel and pushing the bike into the lift at the end, the operator clicked and pointed his finger. “Ebike”. He proudly shouted out. I nodded confirming his keen observations. “That’s cheating!” We’re not yet at the stage of having our small island invaded by eBikes. Perhaps the feeling that you’re […]
Ask someone to tell you one of their fondest gifts as a child and they may well recall their first bike. With such an all important gift purchase at stake there’s a few things worth considering to make the right choice. Get it right and your child will fall in love with cycling. Get it […]
When winter arrives everyone has their own way of dealing with it. Mine is to hibernate and spend as much time in bed as possible. When I do finally manage to get myself out of bed and hop on the bike I end up thoroughly enjoying the winter cycling. With the change of conditions on […]
Jon Marshall from the London Hardcourt Bike Polo Association recently got in touch with me to update me on how bike polo is moving on in London. For those who have not heard of bike polo before or are not quite sure what it is there is an awesome page explaining how to play. The […]
A London Cyclist reader recently got in touch to tell me about her watery eyes during the cold winter cycling. I wanted to share the solution here in-case anyone else was facing the same issue. The reader tried two things. The first was a moisturiser from the chemist for beneath the eyes. This made little […]
It’s always good to do little informal surveys on Twitter. You find out what setups fellow cyclists are using. As visibility and the short days are on people’s minds I asked what bike lights everyone is currently relying on. cyclegaz front. Hope vision1 and magicshine mj-808. Rear. Magicshine mj-818, Blackburn mars 4.0 and 2x fibre […]
A couple of weeks ago we looked into the winter cycling gear that can make winter cycling more enjoyable. I wanted to check in with you guys and see how it’s all coming along. Post a comment with.. How are you finding the shorter daylight hours? The colder weather? The rain? And what sort of […]
Visibility is something that a lot of cyclists take very seriously. No doubt the image of a car not spotting you in the dark is a scary one. One company that has jumped on this need is Proviz. They’re providing a range of reflective cycling gear. They recently got in touch and offered a couple […]
Find your nearest London Bike Shop, cycle cafe or mobile bike repair service in one quick tap
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to set up a new bike 27/11/2015
- ‘Cycle Revolution’ at the Design Museum. 25/11/2015
- A first Christmas list – things to keep relatives happy 20/11/2015
- 8 rookie bike maintenance mistakes 20/11/2015
- CS5 – one step closer to cycling utopia? 19/11/2015
- How to Clean Your Bicycle 13/11/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- エルメス時計 ベルト zozo: 海外直営店直接買い付け！★ 2015年注...
- MJ Ray: Two tips: To get a starting point for the handl...
- John Holiday: Not to be too 'picky', but Bromptons are Folders...
- MJ Ray: Are there any adapted cycles on display? I'm not ...
- Ian: I've had one since January this year and it's a ...
- al: Not all threads should be greased. The jockey whee...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now