In my free Guide to Cycling in London I mentioned two of my friends Dan and Alex who are moving from London to Melbourne in Australia and doing so by bike. Their trip will take 8 months and I’m sure will be the adventure of a lifetime. As I write this they are just a […]
How two of my friends planned their cycling adventure to Australia and how you can do a similar trip
My first “London” bike purchase was a second hand bike when I was a student. I saved a ton of money and bought a bike I would not have been able to afford first hand. The two problems I faced were making sure the bike is not stolen and getting a good deal. Note: This […]
I wanted to try something different for this weeks Comment Friday. I want to invite you guys to share your best and worst moments of cycling this week. I’ll start us off but I’m going to cheat a little as I’ve not been doing any cycling this week while I’m travelling so I’ll refer back […]
I’m unsure if Topeak are trying to go down some kind of iPod style marketing route with their Topeak Race Rocket colours but I think it works really well. The Topeak is in some ways the iPod of the Mini Pump world. Measuring just 19cm long this is the perfect little pump to pop into […]
Twitter remains one of my favourite ways to keep in touch with everyone who follows London Cyclist. It’s often the first place I find out about new things and quickly share them with the 2,800 people who follow. It’s also a great way for me to quickly answer questions people have. I wanted to take […]
Today I’m celebrating my birthday! I’m currently a fair distance away from London in the Middle East exploring Jordan for a week. I wrote this post before I left and I imagine as you read this I’m probably starving to death as it is Ramadan so it won’t be easy to find food! I was […]
If you are one of the pioneering users of the cycle hire scheme then the rest of us owe you a pint! As a pioneer you’ve struggled with bikes that don’t dock, over tightened bicycle brakes that require extra pedalling effort and call centres that won’t call you back. Here are some of the tips […]
I’ve shown the iPhone a lot of love previously here on London Cyclist for the simple reason that it is the phone I use. However, when I released my Bike Doctor application, there was a ton of emails asking me about if there would be an Android version. So I figure it’s about time I […]
The law and cycling have always had a tough relationship. On one hand cyclists are road users and therefore should follow the rules of the road like everyone else. On the other if a cyclist doesn’t follow the rules the consequences are likely to be less severe simply considering the size of a bike versus […]
It has been an eventful first week for the Cycle Hire Scheme. First we were told a few days before the launch that you had to pre-register. Then lots of people had problems registering and their cards being accepted. Upon launch a number of people reported bikes whose brakes were overzealous. Other people reported cycle […]
Eyeing MiCycle in Islington from the outside you imagine it looks like your typical bike shop. Shiny bikes on display and bike mechanics carefully reviving neglected bikes. But something more is happening here behind the scenes. You could say MiCycle is part of a new breed of bike shops. I try to open the door […]
The CTC are running a campaign to keep posties on bikes. I’m completely behind it and think its a very worthy cause to not let Royal Mail slip backwards and away from cycling. They are asking people to fill in a form, print the resulting page and then send it to the CTC so it […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 17 local London bike shops – offer ended! 13/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- funwey: All these powered masks are industrial grade and c...
- Francis: Hi Timber, for bearded folks, you need "powered r...
- Fern: I have knog blinder on the front that has been goi...
- Dave Williams: I'm all in favour of cyclists being seen but, som...
- Jonathan Rickard: After suffering with a squeak on my road bike I st...
- Timber: What about us bearded folks? Has anyone designed s...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists