The first WWCBNIACC meet was last Thursday at Look Mum No Hands. It was a fantastic turnout and thanks go to all who braved the element of not knowing who was going to turn up but doing so yourselves. May I stress at the outset, and for all of who you ask the question, I […]
The Knog Gekko lights stand out in a bike shop. Simple packaging and design – but how do they perform?
Just a quick reminder that the first meet of the Wo(men) Who Cycle But Not In A Club, Club will be at Look Mum No Hands at 49 Old Street, EC1V 9HX from 7pm. I look forward to seeing hoards of you there!
Give a car recently got in touch asking if they could guest post on London Cyclist. Normally I refuse offers like this but as it’s a charity (They raised £50,000 for cancer research) and it’s about scrapping cars – I thought – why not! Give a Car is a scrap car charity organisation that donates […]
We next come up to a source of squeakiness that I’ve decided to squash! My jockey wheels often result in my friends pointing and laughing at me as I squeak up a hill. They are nearly 5 years old so it’s time for a replacement. If your jockey wheels are looking worn out by rust […]
I’m finding it really interesting to see the wealth of refreshingly different cycling journals out there that are coming into my orbit. At the moment I have a subscription to Cycling Weekly (I know, don’t mock) and I also buy a couple of the monthly cycling magazines like Cycling Active or Bike Buyer. These publications are […]
We can all spot an aggressive driver a mile off. Revving the engine, driving up too close to the back wheel and generally being a nuisance. I’ll never forget the approach of my friend Godwyns. When he spots an aggressive driver, he will tend to pull up in front of the car at the next […]
To drift away just a little from the typical topics discussed on this blog I wanted to mention one of the coolest gifts I got this Christmas. A Kenwood Smoothie To Go smoothie maker! (Amazon have it for just £19.99 here or even cheaper if you pop into a Robert Dyas) Next time you cycle […]
Using your iPhone while on your bike is great if you are out cycling on a great route and want to follow the map. The following three mounts all work but which one is the best choice?
This is a guest post from Verity who wanted to share some great stretches that keep your cycling position pain free. If it’s good enough for Lance.. Being a keen daily cyclist and a yoga teacher, I am often wondering how many London cyclists actually stretch out their cycling muscles. I wonder like me, if […]
If you are finding your chain slipping as you try to put your foot down then you may need to replace the cassette.
“One knee says to another knee..” I mentioned yesterday on Twitter that I’ve been having some knee pain recently. A little during cycling and then occasionally when I’m resting. I got some really helpful suggestions back: aj_ux I forgot to tweet "also try an ibuprofen gel". petermeanwell I raised my seat as wasn’t getting full […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- sagittarius love horoscope today: Hi friends, pleasant article and good urging comme...
- Gary: The barriers at East India mentioned above is not ...
- katharine: This is a useful article. I agree with the comment...
- Dr C.: This happened to both pockets on my C bag (now 6 y...
- MJ Ray: Are any of them saddle-shaped? Can you post side-o...
- Michael: Can you all just afford one bike? I've got a ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now