Right up there in the most frequently discussed cyclist politics topics is: “Where do you wait at the traffic light?” As this is a serious matter I’ve given it plenty of consideration. In fact I’ve given it so much though that when I arrive at a traffic light I find myself stumbling in a sea […]
Tomorrow the London cycle hire scheme will be opening up to all users. This means you can walk up to a terminal, insert your credit or debit card and hire out a Boris Bike. For those of us with membership it is worth noting that you cannot hire a bike using the same card […]
I’m a big fan of shopping for cycling gear on Wiggle and of course as much as the next person I like a bargain. The prices on the site are pretty good and they often have items that are not available elsewhere. In fact I tend to recommend them pretty often when I’m doing cycling […]
Last Wednesday I posted up a survey to find out what everyone wanted from London Cyclist in the new year. An impressive 438 people responded within a week! Thank you to you all. I wanted to post up the responses here and give some insider information on where I’ll be taking London Cyclist in the […]
Quick heads up to Romster Bike Wear who sent me this awesome cogs t-shirt! They’ve even set up a 10% discount code for any London Cyclist readers who likes one of their designs. Isn’t that nice? Use the code LONDON10 at checkout. Thank you to our Sponsors! Access Legal who provide legal assistance for cyclists […]
When most people think about buying a pair of bike lights they’ll usually head straight for the nearest pack of Cateye lights. However, they’ll be missing out on some pretty innovative benefits of the Knog lights. I recently bought a pair of Knog Strobes and was sent a rear Knog Skink to test for London […]
Recently when cycling from Camden to a cinema on Finchley Road there was a huge downpour. One of those where you feel like you are standing under a very powerful shower! Or like you’re under attack from a mob of super soaker carrying youths. Fortunately I had come completely unprepared. The result was arriving at […]
On a rainy day a few weeks ago I met with Alex behind the iPhone cycle hire app in The Southwark Tavern (great pub!). He was excited to show me his newest creation. He’d picked up a bike frame on Freecycle, put together various components from bike shops, other bikes, second hand and so forth […]
London Cyclist is a blog run by one person (and his bike) about cycling in London. I’ve always covered the topics I’ve enjoyed. My aim is to make the site as open as possible and to give exposure to the good work people are doing and good products that are worth raving about. As well […]
Isn’t it great when you discover a great piece of cycling kit that makes your life easier or more enjoyable? Occasionally when a moment like that happens you want to tell everyone about it! Well, hopefully that’s where London Cyclist comes in! I’m keen to get London Cyclist blog readers more involved with the blog. […]
London Cyclist sponsors Going Going Bike (a new bike auction site that’s hoping to solve the is the bike I’m buying stolen or not problem) are running a competition at the moment to discover different ways to keep your bike safe. To enter this competition submit an image to the Bike Love section of the […]
The big news that has been occupying the cycling blog headlines this week was an announcement by Boris that he is considering banning HGVs from the city centre. He mainly quoted environmental reasons as the precursor of the ban. Though of course cycling campaigners will be quite happy to piggyback on a ban. Looking at […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- Choosing road tyres for autumn and winter 16/10/2014
- 5 of the best bike locks 10/10/2014
- 5 Smart clipless pedal friendly shoes for women 07/10/2014
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- badoo download: Normally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would...
- Phil: Schwalbe Marathon Plus 1.75"; no problems in any ...
- Mrs janet groves: I've just done 2000 miles on SCHWALBE LUGANO'S ...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[ DAVE-----plus 1 to that! A.R....
- PPP: It's not only the lock which is protecting your b...
- Richard Lindsley: I got 2 conti GP 4 seasons. The rear tyre lasted j...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets