I don’t know how many other people would relate to this but I have a problem summoning up the nerve to turn right at multi-lane roundabouts. I would be interested to get advice on best way to survive this manoeuvre. I’ll only go left or straight over multi-lane roundabouts. I’m ok turning right on mini-roundabouts […]
Post by Nicole of Bikethoughtsfromabroad OK, no more (tongue-in-cheek) comments about cycling flouro people (crazy or otherwise). This week….a call to arms, well…bikes. After speaking to loads of friends and acquaintances who also happen to cycle, a few of us thought that we had something in common. I love to ride my bike, whenever I […]
As I mentioned last week it’s pretty easy for someone to bring a neglected bike back to life. Making it squeak free, trouble free and fast. Best of all you’ll actually be proud to ride your bike again knowing you’ve done the repairs yourself. In part 1 of the series I’ll be covering the parts […]
For a long time I resisted the urge to buy a bike stand. Eventually, I relented. A few weeks later I realised I had missed one that perhaps would have suited me better for simple jobs. Whilst there is no doubt that the one I chose does exactly what it should, the one thing it […]
Or at least, how I do it…… I like to ride my bike every day but sometimes it’s a challenge, staying warm, dry and not looking like crazy cycling flouro person, although if looking like crazy cycling flouro person is your bag, then go ahead. It’s just not mine. I only wear that stuff when I’m […]
So you’ve thought about getting a helmet camera to record your cycling for safety/fun but you are not yet sure how to go about it or if it’s for you. Fortunately, I’ve asked helmet camera pro Gaz (I’m sure he won’t like being referred to as that!) to talk about which helmet camera he recommends […]
Stuck behind a huge bus blocking the full lane I leaned over to the left to see if there was any way past it. No way, jose. I leaned to the right to see if there was room to manoeuvre to the right. Not unless I could suddenly decrease my mass to that of a […]
I know more than one person who’s new year’s resolution is to start cycling. As a regular reader of this blog you’ve probably already made the jump to cyclist but maybe some of your friends haven’t. Send them the link to this post on their Facebook or email because it will help them out with […]
Recently LBC radio invited me to talk about an exciting topic: “How safe is London for cycling?”. I was glad that finally main stream media were asking the right questions. Unfortunately, it wasn’t to be. The topic that was pitched to me was very much a trick and in fact the interview turned into a […]
Ok, so they won’t do themselves but there are so many nifty gadgets to assist. In Andreas’ post of yesterday "Breathing New Life Into An Old Bike", there was a picture of his bike on a workshop stand. I’ve been toying with buying one of these for a while but I wasn’t quite sure if […]
If you’ve got a neglected bike it’s possible to spruce it up and turn it from an unloved mess to a tip-top dream machine. Whether it’s been abandoned for months or just over the Christmas break. In this overhauling an old bike series I’ll be explaining over the coming weeks how anyone can do it. […]
I spent much of yesterday at the London Bike Show. Here’s a little mini guide for the things to see and some tips from my experience. Quick background: London Bike Show is a place to checkout a load of bike goodies at the Excel Centre (Near the city airport). It’s smaller than the cycle show […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
- Phil: I remember riding a Strida back in 1990; very unst...
- Mike: As a car driver I am always considerate to all oth...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
- Peter: The blurb on the Strida site says "Real cool ap...
- yeeha: I tried with Nokia Lumia, I couldn't find the App...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists