Find your nearest London Bike Shop, cycle cafe or mobile bike repair service in one quick tap
As I woke up this morning after a long weekend recovering from Morocco there was an announcement in my inbox from TfL: “Work starts today on London’s biggest cycle hire docking station” As any Barclays Cycle Hire Scheme user will know Waterloo is one of the busiest cycle hire stations. In fact it has been […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When the weather isn’t quite cold enough for a full cycling jacket but you’re not […]
Handlebar grips are often not given much thought. You just get a pair with your bike and get on with it. That’s pretty much what I did for two years. Then I suddenly started noticing horrible black material on my hands and poor grip on the bike. I realised the handlebars were in dire need […]
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
Cycle Hire Bike 14964 will always have a vivid place in my haunting memories. Yet, when I first approached it, it didn’t look so sinister. If anything Cycle Hire Bike 14964 looked kind of friendly and welcoming. Like an old friend. It wanted me to sit down. It wanted to show me the places I […]
If you’ve ever wanted to carry a suit into work without getting it ludicrously crumpled you’ve probably ended up just taking the tube, a bus or going by car. This new bag by Slicks is here to make it possible to cycle to work with a suit, trousers and shoes sat comfortably in your bag. […]
A good bike pump is essential for a cyclist. Riding with correctly inflated tyres not only produces a faster ride with smoother handling but it also helps prevent punctures. As bike tyres can lose up to 10 PSI per week a good bike pump is a worthy accessory to add to your arsenal. In this […]
Each day I head into London and have a choice between 3 great routes. I can either go direct and take the busy A-road. I can go through some quiet residential streets and around Regent’s Park or I can head down the hill and through Camden. When I first started living here I mixed things […]
Hi there, First of all, amazing blog, I read it almost every day, and I love all the comments from other cyclist as well. Very well done, and well presented. I have recently started cycling for my daily commuting (even though at the moment, I am more trying to find a good route to use […]
Whether it is for safety purposes on your commute or recording some extreme mountain bike downhill action, helmet cameras are getting popular amongst cyclists. The good news is, most of them don’t have as much of a heart attack inducing price tag as you might think. See also: How a pro uses a helmet camera […]
Back in July I asked a simple question that turned into a the biggest discussion this site has ever had. I asked: Who are the least courteous drivers in London? Opinions were mixed and tensions ran high at certain points but many people agreed Addison Lee (the mini-cab company) was the worst. Last week, I […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- Guide to the Cycle Show 2014 15/08/2014
- 5 of the greatest dangers facing cyclists in London 12/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- SpecializedCrosstrail: I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come acr...
- electrische fietsen: Some excellent blogs there! Wish I had time to set...
- chloe sims reviews on clear shampoo and Conditioner: Staying inside a tanning bed for lengthy hours sti...
- Paul: I see Miles has had problems with the Bike Hub app...
- Dave: Cycling as a whole is neither valued or respected ...
- Dave: I will try the App when it comes to Android. All t...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists