Today I’m releasing a second eBook to subscribers called “Guide to Cycling in London”. Most of the content from it is applicable to cycling in any city. It is a 37 page eBook filled with great cycling advice catered for everyday cyclists. Here is quick overview of what you get: How to find the perfect […]
Last Saturday was the Dunwich Dynamo. A 200km ride through the night from London Fields to a beach near Dunwich. I’m not one for preparation but this time I stocked up on the advice. From previous blog posts such in the Guardian Bike Blog and forums such as LFGSS. I took with me lots of […]
Registration for the cycle hire scheme was today launched and if you want to be one of the first to use the scheme you need to register. Registration for the year costs £45 which is generally considered the best value for money. Otherwise you can also choose weekly and daily plans. This can be completed […]
Last week when I asked about the best cycling accessory people had bought in the past 12 months I knew exactly which one I had in my mind. My Topeak Joe Blow Sport which was recently sent to me by the nice people at Extra UK. When I first pulled it out of the box […]
When the bike thief is sneaking around with a huge pair of bolt cutters under his arm he doesn’t want a bike that is security tagged. A little sticker on a visible part of the frame can identify the security marking and lately I’ve been seeing an ever greater number of people donning these stickers. […]
Cast your mind back to the first day you started cycling in the city. Don’t worry this isn’t a therapy class where I now start to ask you “how did it make you feel?”. I’d charge for that kind of service and you’d probably want to demand your money back. If you started cycling 50 […]
Today the Barclay’s Cycle Superhighways were launched at a big press and public event. TfL kindly invited me along and also promised me a couple of quick questions with the Mayor. Of course this was too good an offer to pass by so I went down after canvassing everyone on Twitter for questions to ask. […]
Alongside with today’s Cycle Superhighway launch Boris also pointed out to everyone that from the 23 of July you’ll be able to register for membership of the cycle hire scheme from: www.tfl.gov.uk/barclayscyclehire The bad news is that unless you register you won’t be able to use the bikes for another month. The reason given is […]
When I asked about the best accessory people have bought in the past 12 months Trevor mentioned a blog post he had written about some new upgrades to his bike. His post was exactly what I was hoping to hear about when I asked the question. At a cheap cost of around £30 he achieved […]
There’s a lot of tempting goodies out there for cyclists. However, only a few are a worthy addition. Perhaps for you buying an expensive Cycloc revolutionised storing your bike at home or perhaps a great bike computer has encouraged you to go cycling more often. Whilst I’m very thankful for my iPhone bike mount because […]
If you own an Android phone and think your going to give the cycle hire scheme a try then you’ll be glad to hear an App has been developed. It is called London Cycle Hire and can be downloaded from Android Zoom for just 50p. The app helps you find the nearest cycle hire station. […]
London Cyclist now has over 2000 newsletter subscribers! (A 110% growth on last month!) That’s fantastic news and if you haven’t joined yet then here’s 10 reasons I think you’ll love it: 1. Exclusive tips Every month I send out a new exclusive tip not available on the blog. This can help save you money, […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top gilets for spring riding 12/03/2014
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Other Side of the Pond: I live in Seattle, which has a similar climate to ...
- Michael Henry: Very interesting! I added this to my own blog and...
- Jessica Drake: I don't know what it is about our area - the cycl...
- Eddie: I wish more horse riders were like you Jessica. :)...
- Vincent: Matt > Mudguards are a waste of time in my opin...
- Jessica Drake: Yes I suppose there are good and bad cyclists and ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists