We shall pedal on the narrow streets of London, we shall pedal on the cycle superhighways, we shall pedal through commons and A roads, we shall never stop pedalling until we come first in the London Cycle Challenge! It’s that time of the year again. When Boris calls me up and says: Andreas, will you, […]
Last week I asked people to send a picture of their commute. We had some great pics in the comments. Here they are! London Eye Instagram by Richard Foggy Regents Park by Dave Sun breaks through the stormy clouds by Johann Sunrise on the Thames by Peter Crossing Tower Bridge by Roaders The best spot […]
North Face are currently calling out for people to talk about the moment just before setting off on the next little adventure. For me I know exactly how it goes.. Messenger bag – check, money, mobile, keys – check. Oh wait where’s my iPhone bike mount? Got it. Run back downstairs. Oh wait where’s my […]
Here are three simple rules that should be etched into your mind to help you stay safe whilst out cycling in London. 1# Thou shall never undertake a moving vehicle There’s a reason they put this on all Boris Bikes! When you pass a vehicle on the inside (left) that’s considered undertaking. A driver most […]
Things are coming along nicely with the new app that will be your own personal tour guide to great cycling in London. In our most recent design mock-up we’ve switched up the fonts slightly as well as the icons at the bottom that I purchased off Symbolicons. In the screenshot above is the ride overview […]
The very kind folk at Brompton responded to my request for a review bike…with a bike. But it was delivered on a Friday afternoon, with no (secure) space in my office to keep it there over the weekend. So I took it with me to Antwerp. Isn’t that what these bikes are made for? […]
This is part 2 of the Yoga for Cyclists series. Being a keen daily cyclist and a yoga teacher, I am often wondering how many London cyclists actually stretch out their cycling muscles. I wonder like me, if you stay in bed in the mornings for as long as possible so when you get to […]
When TfL announced a victory for cyclists on Wednesday over the Blackfriars Bridge changes few were clapping. Encouraged by the LCC, The iBikeLondon blog and Cyclists in the City (as well as tweets on the London Cyclist twitter!) a protest was organised for 8.30am on Blackfriars Bridge. It appears the turnout at the Blackfriars Bridge […]
Pedalling into work your experience may vary. Perhaps you just see busy rush hour traffic in the centre of London or maybe you have gorgeous views of the countryside and interesting sights such as the Lots Road Power Station. One thing is for sure, there must be some interesting sights on your commute! London Cyclist […]
Have you ever walked out of a bike shop feeling highly irritated with how you’ve been treated? Maybe the staff were patronising, didn’t listen to your needs or pushed too hard to get you to order a service you didn’t need. It’s an unfortunate story that many cyclists, especially those new to the game, will […]
By Summer 2011 two new Cycle Superhighways will be crossing through London. I wanted to see how they were coming along so I posed the question on Twitter.. @suspectpackage cs8, painted the road blue a bit, wouldn’t call it progress though, just back from Holland 😛 http://yfrog.com/h87rnvrsj @ianbar33 CS8 getting on but surface not good […]
It was Friday the 6th of May and I was hesitating. Biting my nails I nervously pondered what to do. What if they don’t like it? What if it doesn’t work? I didn’t have the answers so I reached out, put together a quick survey and attached it to the Friday newsletter. I thought to […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to set up a new bike 27/11/2015
- ‘Cycle Revolution’ at the Design Museum. 25/11/2015
- A first Christmas list – things to keep relatives happy 20/11/2015
- 8 rookie bike maintenance mistakes 20/11/2015
- CS5 – one step closer to cycling utopia? 19/11/2015
- How to Clean Your Bicycle 13/11/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- John Holiday: Not to be too 'picky', but Bromptons are Folders...
- MJ Ray: Are there any adapted cycles on display? I'm not ...
- Ian: I've had one since January this year and it's a ...
- al: Not all threads should be greased. The jockey whee...
- Thom: On a Brompton, I've found the tyre pressure sweet...
- Manchester Cyclist: WD-40's multi-use products should not be used, ho...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets