Here is 2011’s top cycling blogs list. Enjoy and make sure you add some more great blogs to your RSS or Twitter feeds. The list is based on factors including page rank, Alexa Rank, Google In-links, Twitter and number of comments. Some interesting stats: When I first created the list in 2009 just 24% of […]
When Andreas asked me to write a guest post for London Cyclist, I immediately said yes – but it’s taken me nine months to put pen to paper. (Well, fingers to keyboard.) Sorry about the delay, Andreas. So what is it that Andreas thought you might be interested in reading about? Is it a London […]
These often-forgotten pieces of kit are really bothering me at the moment. Having three bikes that I use regularly, each with a different pedal set-up, I’m finding it difficult to find a happy compromise between comfort, stability and power. Standard Bike Pedals My commuter bike had the pedals that came with it, some black plastic […]
For this weeks Comment Friday it’s time to revisit a deep and repressed memory! Bike Theft! Have you had it happen to you and if so what happened? I remember well my bike being stolen outside college. I returned from my class, walked to the bike shed and it just wasn’t there. At first I […]
The DHB Minima is a lightweight jacket designed to be thrown in your bag and forgotten about until it starts to rain. It solves two problems all cyclists face: Staying dry and knowing what to pack in the morning. Here is my review. The Minima jacket comes in both a Male and Female version. I’ve […]
Thank goodness there are less than 30 days to go until the start of British Summer Time but even when the clocks go back, we still have a good few weeks cycling before the light nights enable us to cycle home without our lights. As you all know, I’m not a fan of wearing high […]
While pedalling a Boris Bike I start to shuffle in my pocket. Where is that damn iPhone. Finally, I find it. The next challenge is to get it out my pocket whilst still navigating the Humvee of the bike world. Eventually, I give up. I pull over and get my iPhone out. I look up […]
This Friday I wanted to do an open Q&A with Access Legal lawyer Dave Escandell as a couple of questions have been arising regarding using helmet camera footage for prosecution and for uploading content to YouTube. If you have any questions therefore please leave them in the comments. Here are answers to two of the […]
In the overhauling an old bike series we come up to our latest upgrade. The bicycle tyres – a fairly economic upgrade at £25 per tyre. When do I change my bicycle tyres? If your tyre looks a little like my old tyre in the picture above then it’s probably time to upgrade. As you […]
Grab your iPhone and strap it to your handlebars. Suddenly, you’ve got GPS navigation and a bike computer all for the price of a bike mount. I’ve been a big advocate for this for a while and even wrote a piece about it for Cycling Plus magazine. The only problem with the bike mount I […]
The first WWCBNIACC meet was last Thursday at Look Mum No Hands. It was a fantastic turnout and thanks go to all who braved the element of not knowing who was going to turn up but doing so yourselves. May I stress at the outset, and for all of who you ask the question, I […]
The Knog Gekko lights stand out in a bike shop. Simple packaging and design – but how do they perform?
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Beyond pink: The rise of the female-specific bike shop 27/04/2015
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- save the earth: Can I simply say what a comfort to uncover an indi...
- LoobyLou: in Singapore the numerous moped/scooterists wear l...
- Nessie: Within a few months, the rubber band started to we...
- Kim: Couldn't agree more! I was overtaken by a brompt...
- Eric Richardson: What people seem to overlook is the strength of wh...
- Ana: True! Try vulpine.cc Great clothes for women, incl...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists