If you are one of the pioneering users of the cycle hire scheme then the rest of us owe you a pint! As a pioneer you’ve struggled with bikes that don’t dock, over tightened bicycle brakes that require extra pedalling effort and call centres that won’t call you back. Here are some of the tips […]
I’ve shown the iPhone a lot of love previously here on London Cyclist for the simple reason that it is the phone I use. However, when I released my Bike Doctor application, there was a ton of emails asking me about if there would be an Android version. So I figure it’s about time I […]
The law and cycling have always had a tough relationship. On one hand cyclists are road users and therefore should follow the rules of the road like everyone else. On the other if a cyclist doesn’t follow the rules the consequences are likely to be less severe simply considering the size of a bike versus […]
It has been an eventful first week for the Cycle Hire Scheme. First we were told a few days before the launch that you had to pre-register. Then lots of people had problems registering and their cards being accepted. Upon launch a number of people reported bikes whose brakes were overzealous. Other people reported cycle […]
Eyeing MiCycle in Islington from the outside you imagine it looks like your typical bike shop. Shiny bikes on display and bike mechanics carefully reviving neglected bikes. But something more is happening here behind the scenes. You could say MiCycle is part of a new breed of bike shops. I try to open the door […]
The CTC are running a campaign to keep posties on bikes. I’m completely behind it and think its a very worthy cause to not let Royal Mail slip backwards and away from cycling. They are asking people to fill in a form, print the resulting page and then send it to the CTC so it […]
When I went on the Dunwich Dynamo I wanted a bike light that wouldn’t mess me around. Plenty of light, easy to install and would last the entire way. The kind of bike light most people tend to opt for is something around the £10 – £20 mark. This is where I say to you […]
To write what must be London Cyclist’s most delicious blog post ever I tried out London’s first bicycle valeting restaurant. All in the name of journalism of course! Cue mouth watering image of food.. It’s called Cafe Luc and is located on the Marylebone High Street. A very nice part of London with lots of […]
What a crazy month for cycling in London. The first two superhighways and the cycle hire scheme were both launched. From now on we will be seeing plenty of people travelling around on Boris Bikes. Here on London Cyclist I was busy doing some launches of my own. The downloadable Guide to Cycling in London […]
Over the weekend there will be plenty of time to get some good testing of the new cycle hire bikes. Hop on them while they are still nice and shiny! Here 3 great rides you might want to try and here is a map of the cycle hire docking stations for you to refer to. […]
Note: This is a small section taken from my Guide to Cycling in London. I wanted to post it up here as a bit of a preview of what people can expect from the guide. If you haven’t yet grabbed a copy you can see this post for details. In my first London apartment we […]
Friday is the big day of the cycle hire scheme launch. If you have a key that is and if you’ve activated that key. Apparently 10,000 keys such as the one below (Thanks Adam) have been sent out. Along with the key you also get various maps and information about staying safe. Wokingham Cyclist has […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- Bike saddles: Choosing the perfect perch 06/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Kate: Mik, you'll be fine esp if you do some lbs group ...
- Rob: Thanks for lots of useful info, which is what foru...
- tom: Hmm... again a very roadie centric article from Lo...
- Dezzer: Do we take the mudgaurds off or leave them on just...
- mez: I too have and love a Brompton Mine is a 2 speed ...
- Justine: What about this? The Velorackr; unique bike rack f...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets