This week I am mostly very jealous of Andreas and his Frisco jaunt. I’ve been keeping the home fires burning having a look at some dhb kit that Wiggle kindly gave me to road test. I did take some photos of me wearing the kit but they got lost on a memory stick somewhere between […]
“When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking” Arthur Conan Doyle, Scientific American Magazine, 1896 This is the opening quote […]
It’s interesting to watch people take that first plunge into cycling and immensely pleasing to hear about how much they enjoyed it. Recently, I’ve been quite excited as my friend will be joining the cycling ranks. His move to a different part of London means he will no longer be walking distance from work. Hence, […]
Big thank you to Mark’s Cycle Repairs for helping me put this repair together for the Bike Doctor App (Already in iPhone version, soon to be in Android version) Mark offers excellent prices and repairs for all sorts of bikes and if you live in the direction of Kent (Orpington) specifically then you should check […]
This is a guest post by Graham Hills of Bikers Delight. Cycle – eat – cycle – eat – cycle – eat – cycle. The perfect day out?! Combining some of the best grazing in London, with diverse cycling sights, this London bike ride gives a full workout for the senses. A triangular route visiting […]
Andreas posted another ‘Comment Friday’ last week that garnered a whopping set of comments about how we carry our stuff to work. I did a post about this on my blog back in January about all of the various needs of mine in relation to my commute. It’s not straightforward and, as one of the commenters […]
Reading through the messages in the last Comment Friday it seems there’s a lot of love for bike panniers. Personally, I can’t help being drawn to messenger bags. The capacity, the quick access when you swing the bag around and the comfortable position on my back have always worked well for me. Therefore, when Chrome […]
In this weeks comment Friday I want to talk bags! How do you go about getting the bits you need into work. Whether that be a laptop, a change of clothes or any other items you keep in your bag. After my brief brush with panniers, I’m currently relying on a messenger bag. My choice […]
Sipping on a few beers enjoying a rare sunny day in London my friend asked: “How’s the blog?”. “Yeah, pretty good, I’m writing a new eBook” I replied. “You are writing a new what?” my clearly internet illiterate friend asked. “A new eBook – you know a downloadable book.” “Oh right, what on?” “Well, how […]
No Nicole today as she is feeling under the weather – Get well soon! Instead here’s a guest post by WallToAll who I invited along to instil us with the virtues of the Strida! Those brave hearts who weave in and out of London’s motor traffic use a variety of devices based on the bicycle: […]
I received my copy of Cycling Plus today and in amongst all the bikes I couldn’t possibly afford something caught my eye. The Mad Catz Airdrives Biking Friendly Headphones Admittedly, the price is unattractive (Click here for Amazon price if you dare!) but being able to listen to music whilst cycling and answer a call […]
When you get a puncture and you start repairing it on the side of the road it’s always a little heart warming when someone stops to offer assistance. A reader recently shared this experience: I have been visiting your site for more than a few months now and really enjoy your articles but was wondering […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- MJ Ray: Exactly! That's the problem I have. In about thre...
- AS: Hi Higgs, Can you share the route you found please...
- Mik: I won't go up the inside of a lorry, of course, s...
- Brad: So this evening I left my house and as soon as I c...
- the5mile Cyclist: Great article. Ahead of tomorrows Cycle to Work...
- Cameron: Ah Boris Bikes, the gateway drug which helped redi...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets