Just over two months ago we released a very useful iPhone application for cyclists. 5000 downloads later we’ve brought that same app to cyclists with Android mobile phones. The app is called Bike Doctor and it shows you how to complete 24 common bike repairs. It will help you keep your bike in perfect working […]
In this quick, 3 minute repair I demonstrate how you can replace your handlebar grips. These grips need replacing when they start to fade. It’s a nice, cheap upgrade (£15 – £25) you can do yourself that will provide a more comfortable feel for your hands. The repair is taken from the Bike […]
One of the most pleasurable moments as a cyclist is when you manage to solve a bike problem for yourself. This normally is followed by plenty of congratulating yourself and also telling all your friends you’ve fixed the problem so they can congratulate you too! Others are quite happy taking their bike to a knowledgeable […]
Skyrides, tube strikes, winter cycling gear, puncture proof tyres and ArtCrank. There is certainly never a dull month for cycling in London! It seems for the month ahead everyone is thinking about winter cycling. That includes Boris Bikers who’ve been emailing me asking me what gear I would recommend. If you’re planning to keep going […]
Hi there! If you’re reading this then I applaud you. Because it means you’re considering or definitely going to keep cycling as the blue skies (ahem) turn to grey and the temperatures make their yearly descent. Wet feet. Cold hands. Soaked clothes. Water dripping everywhere. You can see why some people are put off winter […]
Some people laugh when they hear the words “puncture proof tyres” but then they probably haven’t tried these two tyres. Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the tyre of choice for the tough bikes used in the hire scheme in France – could it help you on your bike? Punctures are an annoying part of a cyclists […]
I’ve added one more reason to hate Easyjet. The recycled air from the cold air conditioning has made me ill and I haven’t been able to write anything! Next week things should be back to normal but for now while I spend most of my day sleeping I wanted to open London Cyclist up to […]
“I’ve never really wanted to mess with my bike but thing’s have started playing up and I don’t know where to start”. My friend Daniel is one of many new cyclists who’ve fallen in love with cycling. Just over 14 months ago he purchased a Marin bike and has been riding to work since. But […]
It’s a horrible thought, but it is far better to be aware of the steps needed if you are in an accident or indeed if you witness an accident with a cyclist and need to help. When we tweeted about this it got a lot more clicks than expected so understandably this is something people […]
During the tube strikes a good friend of mine cycled from St John’s Wood to Canary Wharf for the first time. He enjoyed his cycle but on the way back he enjoyed it even more. This is because he was cycling with someone else from work. He found cycling with someone else not only meant […]
I get a lot of reader questions on London Cyclist and many of them I answer without ever showing on the blog but there is one common theme emerging: Fear to leave a bike somewhere. Take a look at the latest one.. I am about to change jobs, and I am losing the garage cycle […]
If when you cycle home in the rain you are worried water is creeping into your bag and destroying your £600 laptop and making your lunch time cheese, ham with a little bit of onion sandwich soggy then you may want to consider a waterproof cycling bag. These cycling bags are designed to keep the […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 3 things I prefer about cycling in Austin, Texas 27/07/2014
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Rob Eggleshaw: Don't for one minute think that any of the flouro...
- Michelle Arthurs-Brennan: I Fiona Women's bib shorts come in various dif...
- Chris: fiona, Bib shorts for women are designed differ...
- Simple: I always comment wherever and whenever I see this ...
- Vladimir: Can I just ask - the Muvi camera, they're not wat...
- fiona: Are they suitable for women cyclists (general bib ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists