Update: I’m opening this up to Richmond Park too after feedback in the comments and to make it easier for people to enter. When the Trek Madison 3.1 road bike first arrived at my house I set my sights on Regents Park. I wanted to do a loop of the outer circle to see how […]
How long does it take you to do a loop of Regents Park or Richmond Park? (£500 gift card up for grabs)
We’ve looked at some of the best value for money road bikes, great road cycling routes near London and why you may want a road bike. A couple of commenters have asked about what it is like to ride a road bike around London. As I’ve been testing the Trek Madone 3.1 this would be […]
What makes a good road cycling route? Living in central London means the little quiet country lanes that are excellent for road cycling are often a short train ride away. Therefore, when I’m researching a good route I tend to look for easy train access. Ideally, I want the cycle route to be a good […]
If you’ve decided a road bike is what you are looking for, then it makes sense to get the most value for your money. Below, I’ve rounded up three road bikes that promise to perform to a high level without depleting your wallet. Remember, when buying a bike the most important measurement isn’t necessarily your […]
The overriding message of this blog, from the beginning, is that cycling can be done with any bike. I’m living proof of this. If you ever popped round to my house for a cup of tea, looking outside at the tatty old hybrid bike you’d wonder if it really is “the London Cyclist” who lives […]
There’s a new service started just a few days ago called Buyapowa. It aims to bring the bulk buy discounts that have previously only been enjoyed by retailers and make them available to you and me. Robin, who is part of Buyapowa got in touch with me a week ago to ask: What sort of […]
I’ve launched a fun little side project today to London Cyclist which should complement some of the things we cover here on the blog. It’s the London Cyclist Shop (creative naming, I know) which aims to sell only a small selection of some of the best cycling gear we’ve previously reviewed and loved. The first […]
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is […]
During our cycling trip along the Rhine in Germany my cycling buddy borrowed my Overboard Panniers. I had two reasons to be jealous.
Note: This is a sponsored post With a growth in popularity of cycle schemes to and from work places, what is needed when cyclists reach their destination is safe bicycle parking. Allpark Ltd work with businesses to provide cycle parking solutions that make the best use of the space available. This post will be useful […]
It’s 9.15pm and we’ve managed to find an open restaurant in Speyer. I flick through the menu and nothing is in English. I recognise Schnitzel, Tomatensuppe, baguette. It’s all I’ve been eating the past few days and I’d like a pasta. From what I’ve gleaned from Lance Armstrong’s autobiography, pasta equals good food for cyclists. […]
As our plane freed itself from the gravitational confines of the earth, I tucked my head into my book. A calm flight lasting an hour and fifteen minutes lay ahead of me. However, the past three hours had been anything but calm. Everything started at 4 am. Awoken rudely by my alarm I climbed out […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 3 great cycle cut-throughs in East London 24/06/2016
- How to stop your bike lock from jamming 23/06/2016
- Portland Design Works Takeout Basket review 17/06/2016
- Multipurpose cycling products round up 14/06/2016
- Genesis Flyer 2016 – Full review 09/06/2016
- Learning to ride a bike as an adult in London 07/06/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- hence: greate...
- http://www.beautybloggirls.com/: Estoy de acuerdo con el M. de la Logia Cibeles. Se...
- Ivan: Yes, fiddling with mechanical parts of my bike not...
- Dermott Murphy: I tend to use Kasp Dry Microfine Graphite Powder L...
- Al: Sanford Lane gets you straight onto the beginning ...
- Iain: GT 85 is a great chain lubricant too....
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists