A little while back I contacted the guys from ArtCrank to discuss the possibility of bringing the show to London. They were enthusiastic in their reply and told me it was something they definitely wanted to do. It seems the wheels have been in motion and now is the time for artists to sending in […]
I’ve always wondered how many miles you guys cover getting to work. What better way to cure my curiosity than a poll. Please include only the actual miles you cover on a bike and not miles covered on the train/bus/helicopter/hover craft. Also tell me the distance in one direction. How long is your bicycle commute?online […]
A little while back I did a roundup of all the companies offering bicycle insurance. ETA came out the clear winner for being the most generous in their terms and conditions as they cover a lot more scenarios than others. A number of Twitterers and commenters would tend to agree. I also tested out the […]
Is that a multi-tool in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Sorry, couldn’t escape multi-tool related puns, it’s out of my system now! Carrying around a load of tools on the bike is a pain. I often find myself thinking “I’ll just risk it, what are the odds of getting a […]
A few months back one of the many petitions that as cyclists we were encouraged to sign was to create a new law in the UK calling for a minimum of 3 feet passing distance that drivers should give cyclists. Currently the law for this in the Highway Code simply states: “give a cyclist as […]
It’s not for want of trying that the London Heavy Goods Vehicle problem isn’t going away. Everything from critical mass gatherings to Lorries fitted with extra mirrors is being tried and tested. Unfortunately the number of incidents doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Perhaps the solution we are seeking is there and waiting to be […]
A nice warm shower at the end of a long cycle commute is one of life’s little pleasures. Off comes the cycling gear, away goes the sweat and out emerges the presentable human being who is ready for a day’s work. That clean feeling provides the perfect start to the day. However, many people are […]
April on London Cyclist TfL foolishly allowed me to test out the new London Cycle Hire Bike. I took a look at how its design makes it one of the most user friendly bikes around. Having changed my cycling technique completely after a 2 hour course from Cycle Training UK I decide it is only […]
The vast majority of cyclists are frequently making these errors on the roads. Anyone who recognises and corrects their errors can cycle more safely, confidently and efficiently. Up until last week I was regularly making these mistakes too. However, a 2 hour course I completed last Thursday, by the highly recommended Cycle Training UK, completely […]
Scrambling down the stairs, looking for a clean pair of jeans it dawned on me. I am going to be late to yet another meeting! TfL had contacted me last Friday to see if I wanted to test the new cycle hire scheme bike. I was happy to oblige but with a pending trip to […]
Dave from Cycle Training UK shows me how I should be cycling around London for better safety and efficiency. Full write up next week with some amazing tips I learned. Cycling on the way back I came across the horrendous Oxford Circus roadworks currently taking place. Along the course of the roadworks is the tribute […]
Skyride Part of central London is closed off as 65,000 cyclists decent on the capital. The effect is like an endless sea of cyclists wearing fluorescent jackets. The event is very well publicised and incredibly popular. It is free to attend. I wrote about the 2009 Skyride and I expect the 2010 event will also […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- Endura Gridlock II Women’s Waterproof Jacket review 21/11/2013
- The five best things about winter riding 20/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- michael gill: I'm not convinced by flashing lights. Your light ...
- tiffany & co outlet: My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a ...
- CycleMiles: Some great suggestions London Cyclist. The Team Sk...
- Mik: > I read once that there is no such thing as ba...
- Shantell: To take the most Alli weight loss pill, combine it...
- Andreas: Yep, have a quick look on Google Play or Amazon st...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now