This e-mail hit my inbox last week: “I’d love to do some writing and reviewing for the blog. I read a lot of other cycling blogs and there seems to be a gap for women like me who love cycling in all it’s forms and aren’t pure roadies or retro Dutch bike lovers. There has […]
As it turns out in my research there’s some pretty cool bicycle rental places in London. For a long time when a friend was visiting London I would simply direct them to one place I knew that had clunky, step over frame bicycles. However, it is actually possible to rent a fixie, a tandem or […]
Just shared this on my Twitter but thought it would probably be of interest here on the blog too.. Cycle Gaz who runs The Views of a Cyclist from Croydon was yesterday hit by a car as he cycled on the bus lane. Here is the YouTube of the accident: Fortunately he has escaped without […]
Dutch design bicycles are famed for their low maintenance and high quality. While “Dutch style” bikes are nothing new, certain well known brands have always been missing from the line-up. A new site called And Dutch has just changed that. I caught up with the founder, Gert-Jan Baan (How Dutch does that name sound?), to […]
Entries now closed! I have 10 pairs of tickets to giveaway for the London Bike Show. To enter simply leave a comment below about what you’ll be interested in seeing at the show. I’ll then randomly pick out 10 winners and contact them. Entries close on Sunday the 12th. The London bike show will be […]
Right up there in the most frequently discussed cyclist politics topics is: “Where do you wait at the traffic light?” As this is a serious matter I’ve given it plenty of consideration. In fact I’ve given it so much though that when I arrive at a traffic light I find myself stumbling in a sea […]
Tomorrow the London cycle hire scheme will be opening up to all users. This means you can walk up to a terminal, insert your credit or debit card and hire out a Boris Bike. For those of us with membership it is worth noting that you cannot hire a bike using the same card […]
I’m a big fan of shopping for cycling gear on Wiggle and of course as much as the next person I like a bargain. The prices on the site are pretty good and they often have items that are not available elsewhere. In fact I tend to recommend them pretty often when I’m doing cycling […]
Last Wednesday I posted up a survey to find out what everyone wanted from London Cyclist in the new year. An impressive 438 people responded within a week! Thank you to you all. I wanted to post up the responses here and give some insider information on where I’ll be taking London Cyclist in the […]
Quick heads up to Romster Bike Wear who sent me this awesome cogs t-shirt! They’ve even set up a 10% discount code for any London Cyclist readers who likes one of their designs. Isn’t that nice? Use the code LONDON10 at checkout. Thank you to our Sponsors! Access Legal who provide legal assistance for cyclists […]
When most people think about buying a pair of bike lights they’ll usually head straight for the nearest pack of Cateye lights. However, they’ll be missing out on some pretty innovative benefits of the Knog lights. I recently bought a pair of Knog Strobes and was sent a rear Knog Skink to test for London […]
Recently when cycling from Camden to a cinema on Finchley Road there was a huge downpour. One of those where you feel like you are standing under a very powerful shower! Or like you’re under attack from a mob of super soaker carrying youths. Fortunately I had come completely unprepared. The result was arriving at […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- RichA: I mainly used Bontrager Race Lite Hard Case 700 x ...
- Roger: *i mean 'DON'T ELIMINATE THE DOPEY DRIVER FACTOR...
- Roger: Hi viz and good lights are essential but they elim...
- j santley: hi this is worth claiming for please contact me i ...
- Kristin: I live in Florida, so I bike 365 days a year. My t...
- Richard: Ninja Cyclist - rides at night in black clothing w...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists