During our cycling trip along the Rhine in Germany my cycling buddy borrowed my Overboard Panniers. I had two reasons to be jealous.
Note: This is a sponsored post With a growth in popularity of cycle schemes to and from work places, what is needed when cyclists reach their destination is safe bicycle parking. Allpark Ltd work with businesses to provide cycle parking solutions that make the best use of the space available. This post will be useful […]
It’s 9.15pm and we’ve managed to find an open restaurant in Speyer. I flick through the menu and nothing is in English. I recognise Schnitzel, Tomatensuppe, baguette. It’s all I’ve been eating the past few days and I’d like a pasta. From what I’ve gleaned from Lance Armstrong’s autobiography, pasta equals good food for cyclists. […]
As our plane freed itself from the gravitational confines of the earth, I tucked my head into my book. A calm flight lasting an hour and fifteen minutes lay ahead of me. However, the past three hours had been anything but calm. Everything started at 4 am. Awoken rudely by my alarm I climbed out […]
If you want to mingle with fellow cyclists, improve your fitness or just head out on long rides then a cycling club is a good option. Finding the right one isn’t the easiest thing, but the British Cycling Club finder is a good place to start. Another great way to find a good one is […]
The Southbank Centre, located in one of my favourite parts of London, is celebrating the 60th Festival of Britain. As part of that they have a number of free cycling events worth a look. Drop-in workshop (Saturday 13th of August) Free advice from Cycle Training UK as well as maintenance help. 12pm to 4pm More […]
One of the new repairs shortly coming to Bike Doctor is suspension sag adjustment. This is something that all mountain bike riders should do on a new mountain bike to account for their weight and riding style. It should also form part of an occasional maintenance routine. Suspension on a mountain bike reduces rider fatigue […]
As an example of the mindless violence going on in London, MiCycle, a bike shop run by the lovely couple Matthew and Penny, has been attacked. This is a small business, that we’ve praised previously on London Cyclist. In-fact when interviewing Matthew and Penny they told me how they wanted to reach out to the […]
Inside a converted double decker bus in East London resides the Bicycle Library. From the bus you can borrow one of seven different types of bikes. These are: Folding MiniVelo FixGearSingleSpeed (FGSS) LadiesCoaster MensCoaster Cargo Electric You can then either test this bike out around the circuit or, with a deposit, ride it away for […]
With news of the scheme expanding east and west, love stories on Boris Bikes and news of how cycle hire schemes saves lives… you can’t help but ask: How are you getting along now, with the cycle hire scheme? There was plenty of fuss in the beginning about overcharges, cards not working and docking problems. […]
“You look like that guy from x-men!” “Thanks mate”. My unhelpful friend had a point. The Polaroid Glide P7130A cycling sunglasses did give you a bit of a Cyclops look: Other than making you look like Cyclops and giving you +1 on the how much you look like you are riding the TdF scale, what […]
There’s been a lot of huffing and puffing by cycling bloggers, campaigners and politicians recently over TfL’s road layout plans for Blackfriars Bridge. But try as they collectively might, they cannot blow over the new plans. TfL is sticking to its guns. Like a dictator, clinging on to their seat of power. However, I for […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Nick: Brixton? West London? Are you sure?...
- MJ Ray: CLOCS are the people responsible for the "cyclist...
- Harry-H: I have to agree with Andy about Howies - their stu...
- Andy ZE: How on earth did Howies win? Have you seen their ...
- Roger: Abus x-plus 540 230mm Abus 401 mini PitLocks So...
- Greg Lawson: I used SendBike.com a few weeks ago and spoke to w...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists