Being able to service your bike yourself is an awesome feeling. However if you are new to it, before diving into bicycle maintenance it’s good to have a heads up on the most common errors people make when they first start maintaining their own bike. If you avoid them all the time, you’ll soon be better […]
CS5 has been unofficially open and in use for a little while now but the segregated two-way lane across Vauxhall Bridge it had its official launch today. The Mayor came down along with many of the head cycling planning honchos from TfL. The Route The ultimate goal of CS5 is to link Victoria Station up to New […]
Prolong the life of your bike and enjoy a smoother riding experience by cleaning regularly. To really be able to lubricate your bike and give it a full safety check, you need to clean it off. This week we take you through how to clean a bike without using any special tools or taking it […]
At London Cyclist whether you want to maintain your bike yourself or would rather just take it to your favourite local bike shop, that’s fine with us. We’ve started running a regular series on bike maintenance (See: How to do a bike safety check). These maintenance guides are also available inside our Bike Doctor App, for easy […]
As promised last week, here is a full review of the Mango single speed I have been riding for a month now. Mango was started in 2012 by two uni friends who wanted a bike that was fun and easy to ride, but was affordable. They acknowledged that students are poor but also that bike […]
Keep your bike in great condition by lubricating it properly. This is especially important in the winter when you bike gets wet frequently and the roads get even dirtier than normal. The question often asked is how frequently should someone apply lubricant to their bike. It is a tough question to answer because it varies depending […]
Single speed bikes have a certain allure to many riders in London and beyond. There are people who love them and take great pride in their bike set ups. They feel that riding single speed, or even better: fixed, is true cycling. Then there are those who are skeptics, who believe that ‘gears were invented […]
Reading this blog or many other bike blogs, you will have inevitably come across talk of “essential” clothing and accessories for cycling. Is this all just hokum to sell things? Well, that depends. What one person deems essential is going to vary from the next person. A number of factors come in to play including distance of commute, type […]
Completing a safety check helps diagnose any maintenance issues before they affect you while you are out cycling. Depending on how much time you’ve got you may want to do the 10 second check, or if you’ve got 5 minutes then the M-Check is far more comprehensive. These instructions are taken from the Bike Doctor app […]
Lumo, a new British company on the cycling clothing scene, has two types of jackets out of both men and women. These are no normal jackets though, these are extra snazzy. The company went live on Kickstarter a little while ago and has just had its official launch party, selling online through their website as well as […]
Guest post by Sylvia Gauthereau The first time I rode a bicycle on a proper road was liberating – finally I was doing something that only grown up, or bigger kids did. I remember the wind on my face and through my hair, the excitement of riding faster, the fast passing landscape, the country lanes and the […]
Increasing the number of cyclists in London is not solely reliant on better infrastructure. For there to be more cyclists, there needs to be more people that are happy and comfortable on the roads. They need to want to give it a try and then want to do repeatedly. As a hardened urban cyclist, with plenty of experience of […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- http://www.alluringcouture.com/: Oh, Kim, she is an absolute doll. You got some wo...
- Greg Lawson: I used SendBike.com a few weeks ago and spoke to w...
- Rosemary: Advice needs spreading around the country as there...
- Barry Hearn: Of course they're not have look on YouTube you'l...
- Dan: Brockley Bikes in Brockey (surprise, surprise) is...
- Tristram: Single speed bike rarely have vertical dropouts. A...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now