Merino jerseys are much talked about amongst cyclists and for good reason – they are great at keeping you warm and great for keeping you cool, too. They’re also very comfortable, lightweight and versatile. The Vulpine Merino Button Jersey is a jersey that all of these points certainly apply to. Vulpine has become a brand that […]
If you could had a bicycling 6th sense, or magical power – what would it be? Here are some suggestions, and a few examples where technology has made an attempt at creating them in reality… Eyes in the back of our heads It would be really helpful to know what was going on behind us. For […]
The pictures from this year’s Mitie London Revolution are stunning! Looking at the them makes me want to go out and ride my bike on these beautiful roads. The 2014 event was completely sold out, with 2,000 riders attending. Early list entry in to the 2015 event is now open here. The London Revolution has become […]
Here at London Cyclist, we like to get to know our readers. Today, we’d like to hear about how you start the day. To kick it all off, I’ll share my own routine – I hope you all get involved and share your own! The nature of my employer means that I work with a […]
You have three primary points of contact with your bike – your saddle, handlebard and pedals. We looked at saddles and handlebars recently, so pedals are next up under the London Cyclist microscope. An obviously very necessary component of the bike, many higher end rigs will come without pedals, specifically because the choice is very […]
Last week we wrote about the magic of the humble barrel adjuster. I asked if bike maintenance articles that provide big wins for cyclists, but are extremely accessible for beginners is something you’d like more of. The answer was overwhelmingly yes. This week therefore, I want to share with you a £5 tool, that can save […]
What is it like riding your first sportive? For me personally, I had a load of unanswered questions. I didn’t know whether I should be training, what should I take with me, what to expect, would it be my kind of thing. I ended up turning up unprepared, forgetting my required bicycle helmet and therefore […]
A few weeks ago we had a look at how to have the most secure bike in London. There is nothing more devastating than returning to the spot where you left your bike to find only an empty space. However, bike theft has an annoying little sibling – and that’s saddle theft. Having your saddle […]
Have you ever wondered why cyclists sometimes choose to wear a jersey? These guys at the top is an extreme example, but jerseys come in all sorts of styles. From Vulpine’s subtle colours, to team jerseys. Here’s a look at why some cyclists choose them. Materials Firstly, cycling jerseys are designed for sweating in. Even […]
A reader recently got in touch about wrist pain their husband was experiencing whilst riding and she asked if I had any solutions. I jumped on our social media to ask what suggestions you had and there were some great tips from readers on Facebook and on Twitter. Thank you to everyone who took the […]
Helmet cams are an increasingly popular cycling accessory. Recording your rides gives you the ability to edit, chop and create great films so you can show friends and family what you’ve been up to – and it also gives you ammunition should you have to prove your version of events in the case of a […]
1. What’s with all these extra cyclists? 2. Finally, people have discovered the joys of cycling! It’s so nice to be joined by all my cycling brothers and sisters. We are living in a new era in London! 3. Oh, no, it’s just a tube strike. 4. Hope it ends soon – all these extra cyclists don’t know […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Why you should watch the Cyclocross in Milton Keynes on Saturday 26/11/2014
- How not to use bike lights 26/11/2014
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alan Moore: Yes I see this often. The law actually says they s...
- sheridan: The chance of setting off an epileptic fit is quit...
- Richard: Another dumb thing to do is to mount rear lights o...
- Kie: 1000 Lumen that is!...
- Kie: "You don’t need extremely bright lights in lit ...
- Alan Moore: Mudguards?...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets