Join Team Shelter for this incredible 100km moonlit ride past London’s most iconic landmarks. You’ll ride over Tower Bridge, through the deserted City of London, round Canary Wharf, past the sleeping beasts in London Zoo and so much more! Limited spaces sell out fast, so make sure you secure your spot. In 2013 Shelter helped […]
It’s easy to understand why a bike lock is never considered an exciting purchase. You’ve just splashed out on a super amazing new £1,000 carbon dream machine, and now you’re being told you need to spend a further £100 to keep it safe? Not a great thing to hear. However, it’s often quoted that you […]
The vast majority of motorists in London drive quite sensibly. Unfortunately, since a regular bike commuter interacts with many thousands of cars a year, it only takes a very small percentage of idiots to make unpleasant encounters an occasional, but all-too-inevitable part of cycling in the capital. Here are some of the worst examples caught […]
A good pair of gloves will make all the difference to your ride – cold, numb hands can be not only painful, but can really limit your responsiveness on the handlebars, shifters and brakes. The key things to look for in a winter glove are: Weather proofing Obvious, but there are different types. Windproof, water […]
With a baby on the way, it recently came to my realisation that the spare room is no longer going to be ‘spare’ – and as such can no longer be deemed a room for me to keep my bike and all paraphernalia. While there are a range of fancy indoor bicycle storage options, I […]
Today I interviewed Phil Jones, Camden Borough Council’s cabinet member for transport. Here’s what he told me about cycling in one of central London’s key boroughs: Royal College Street has seen a 40% to 50% increase in cycle traffic since its cycle track was upgraded The flagship cycle route has also seen a reduction in […]
The best way to get around with a bike is usually to ride it. But when you have your bike with you but can’t, or don’t want to cycle, London’s public transport will probably let you down. Here are six ways we can improve the experience of using public transport with a bike in the […]
I got my first road bike aged 21 – I forget if it came with an instruction manual – but if it did I certainly didn’t read it. In fact, I raced it in a triathlon a few weeks after and took it to the Pyrenees not many months into our life together. Three years […]
Christmas may have come and gone but the nights continue to be long and dark and, as cyclists, that means that a good set of lights is essential. While in London we really only need lights ‘to be seen’ rather than to see where we are going, for those of us who like to spend […]
The Isle of Wight is a cyclists dream destination. Miles of dramatic coastline to explore, rolling hills to trundle over and plenty of pubs on route to quench that thirst for beer. But the Isle of Wight is often well off the radar of the London cyclist – it’s all the way on an island, […]
I recently interviewed Westminster Council’s City Commissioner for Transport, Martin Low, as part of a feature for The House magazine. Due to space constraints I didn’t get to use everything he said in our wide-ranging chat; here are some highlights: Westminster rejects the idea of a central London daytime HGV ban He spells out two […]
Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Let’s face it – most bags designed for use on a bike are not particularly attractive. The demands of practicality and function mean that aesthetics are usually the poor relation. For those of us who want a bike bag that looks like something we’d carry when we’re not […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- vidéo en streaming: Puiѕ-je prendrе certainrs lignes pour un blog pe...
- Pinakin: It looks very promising...
- Alex: I use co-rider (free on iOS) but it doesn't give ...
- Kensington: Is that the 19mm or the 32mm version?...
- Bill: I ve always thought that if we designed the road s...
- Beaver2000: To their credit, the Fly6 guys claim the camera/li...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets