Buying a saddle is a very personal affair, the compatibility of the body and saddle can make or break a ride, and can even make or break a rider. Many potential cyclists have been put off by a few early rides on a saddle that didn’t agree, quickly abandoning the bike based on its one […]
Now the clocks have gone back, you may begin to notice you have gained extra daylight time, that the world seems a little less bleak, and that your bicycle wheels are spinning further and faster. The eagle eyed of you may also notice something else: strange clusters of men and women in giant baby-grows, often […]
With maturity, usually comes knowledge – and Lucas should have that it spades, having been trading since 1872. The company has its roots in Birmingham, where the HQ is still based, and they started out creating ship’s lamps, and eventually the “King of the Road” cycle lamp, designed to be used on a Penny Farthing. […]
When you check your typical weather app, you’ll see it’s 15 degrees Celsius (59 Fahrenheit) and there’s a chance of rain later on. But what does that mean in terms of the kind of gear you should wear? If you’re an everyday cyclist, this probably means you’ll pack your typical gear, plus perhaps your waterproof jacket. […]
As the sun has started to pop out more often, I’ve seen more and more bikes on the roads which appear to have emerged from sheds and been thrust into the cold light of day without a thought for their feelings. Dirty, un-lubed and sometimes making creaky noises, these poor bicycles are squealing for some […]
Guest post by Gemma Hume, Digital Coms Officer for Practical Action. In the early hours of Sunday 8th June, 4,000 cyclists will take to London’s streets for Nightrider, an incredible 100km charity bike ride…and I will be one of them. You could be too! This time last year, I grudgingly agreed to do Nightrider with […]
Helmet wearing, or not wearing, is a contentious issue – but we’re not here to debate whether you should or should not wear one. If you do choose to wear one, we’re here to offer some guidance on when to replace a helmet, and what’s available when you do go to buy a new lid. […]
I say it quietly… but there has been a definite whiff of spring in the air over the last couple of days. Overshoes are occasionally being left at home, winter tights gradually swapped for shorts and leg warmers – it’s all happening. There are some spring days when a full winter jersey just isn’t needed, […]
The recent Cycling Scotland advert, told drivers to treat a cyclist like a horse. That’s all well and good, and makes for a rather funny video, but how should cyclists treat horses and horse riders? Jessica Drake, a member of Horses and Road Safety Awareness, wanted to share with me a few of her tips as […]
The first time I got a puncture whilst out on a ride, I was stood atop of Ditchling Beacon with no puncture repair kit, no pump, no battery on my phone and basically no hope of sorting myself out without the help of a passing cyclist. That was coming up to 4 years ago now, […]
Riding to get from A to B is usually not a group activity. However, if you want to get out and ride for leisure, and fancy making your cycling more sociable, joining a club or riding with a group is a great way to meet like minded people to share the road with. Here’s a […]
In practice Hackney prioritises bus transport over cycling. Is that such a bad thing? When I interviewed Hackney’s cycling boss Feryal Dermici last week, she told me the borough was blocking TfL’s preferred route for Cycle Superhighway 1, which goes right down the A10, from Tottenham, through Stoke Newington, and down Kingsland Road. She gave […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- texas pneumatic air movers: Moreover, the boat maker is amongst the most diver...
- Lauren: I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probabl...
- Celebrity dress up laura Marano: While being fashionable, several brides prefer a f...
- dunnage do box elder bugs bite: Trade transmission oil just about every 500 hours ...
- filthyfranchise27.jimdo.com: Hey there are using Wordpress for your blog platfo...
- Barney: No advice I'm afraid, but I'm curious to know wh...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists