Have you ever wondered why cyclists sometimes choose to wear a jersey? These guys at the top is an extreme example, but jerseys come in all sorts of styles. From Vulpine’s subtle colours, to team jerseys. Here’s a look at why some cyclists choose them. Materials Firstly, cycling jerseys are designed for sweating in. Even […]
A reader recently got in touch about wrist pain their husband was experiencing whilst riding and she asked if I had any solutions. I jumped on our social media to ask what suggestions you had and there were some great tips from readers on Facebook and on Twitter. Thank you to everyone who took the […]
Helmet cams are an increasingly popular cycling accessory. Recording your rides gives you the ability to edit, chop and create great films so you can show friends and family what you’ve been up to – and it also gives you ammunition should you have to prove your version of events in the case of a […]
1. What’s with all these extra cyclists? 2. Finally, people have discovered the joys of cycling! It’s so nice to be joined by all my cycling brothers and sisters. We are living in a new era in London! 3. Oh, no, it’s just a tube strike. 4. Hope it ends soon – all these extra cyclists don’t know […]
Looking after your bike doesn’t have to be tricky and carrying out your own day to day maintenance can be satisfying. Here’s a look at the top 5 tools and workshop provisions that will help you on your journey to self-sufficiency: Track pump Tyres don’t stay pumped up to the recommended PSI by themselves – […]
There is something absolutely soul destroying about leaving work after a long day, making your way towards where you left your bike that morning – and finding an empty space. The reactions go a bit like this – First confusion: I thought I left it here. Second: disbelief – surely not. Third: irrepressible anger. Not […]
In this tongue-in-cheek guest post, cycling blogger Andrew Montgomery returns to London Cyclist to ask why exactly you haven’t signed up for a sportive in 2014. Yes, you. Are you a cyclist that has always fancied taking part in a sportive, but never quite got round to it? You recall Britain’s golden cyclosummer in 2012; […]
The almighty barrel adjuster, so simple, yet so useful for small adjustments! Next time you are out on a bike ride, squeeze your brake level. When you’ve pulled the lever about 1/4 of the way, the brakes should be engaged. At a half way, they should be fully engaged. If you’re not finding that’s the case, then you […]
I invited London Cyclist reader Spencer to share his experience finding a solution to riding with poor eyesight. Judging by previous posts on a similar topic, this is something a number of readers have experienced. My eyesight is so poor not only would it be dangerous to ride without glasses, but it also causes […]
It’s very easy to get used to the familiarity of your own bike – perhaps you’ve had it for many years, and you’re good friends, or maybe your bike is brand new, and you’re still in the honeymoon period. Regardless what stage of “loved up” you’re in with your own bike (or maybe it’s love/hate?) […]
The sun is shining, and the weather is sweet… temperatures are gradually rising, and they will continue to do so. Winter commuting is full of mudguards, kit to stop you losing all the feeling in your fingers – summer riding is generally simpler, here’s a handful of tips to keep in mind. Panniers, not backpacks […]
There is no shortage of great innovations on their way over to cycling commuters everywhere, as inventors rush to create new products that solve problems cyclists face on a daily basis. From the bike bell, to the bike light – nothing is safe from being ripped apart and reimagined. We feature many of these new […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Roger: *i mean 'DON'T ELIMINATE THE DOPEY DRIVER FACTOR...
- Roger: Hi viz and good lights are essential but they elim...
- j santley: hi this is worth claiming for please contact me i ...
- Kristin: I live in Florida, so I bike 365 days a year. My t...
- Richard: Ninja Cyclist - rides at night in black clothing w...
- Nyge: Hi Viz or 800 Lumens - it's got to be better than...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists