1. What’s with all these extra cyclists? 2. Finally, people have discovered the joys of cycling! It’s so nice to be joined by all my cycling brothers and sisters. We are living in a new era in London! 3. Oh, no, it’s just a tube strike. 4. Hope it ends soon – all these extra cyclists don’t know […]
Looking after your bike doesn’t have to be tricky and carrying out your own day to day maintenance can be satisfying. Here’s a look at the top 5 tools and workshop provisions that will help you on your journey to self-sufficiency: Track pump Tyres don’t stay pumped up to the recommended PSI by themselves – […]
There is something absolutely soul destroying about leaving work after a long day, making your way towards where you left your bike that morning – and finding an empty space. The reactions go a bit like this – First confusion: I thought I left it here. Second: disbelief – surely not. Third: irrepressible anger. Not […]
In this tongue-in-cheek guest post, cycling blogger Andrew Montgomery returns to London Cyclist to ask why exactly you haven’t signed up for a sportive in 2014. Yes, you. Are you a cyclist that has always fancied taking part in a sportive, but never quite got round to it? You recall Britain’s golden cyclosummer in 2012; […]
The almighty barrel adjuster, so simple, yet so useful for small adjustments! Next time you are out on a bike ride, squeeze your brake level. When you’ve pulled the lever about 1/4 of the way, the brakes should be engaged. At a half way, they should be fully engaged. If you’re not finding that’s the case, then you […]
I invited London Cyclist reader Spencer to share his experience finding a solution to riding with poor eyesight. Judging by previous posts on a similar topic, this is something a number of readers have experienced. My eyesight is so poor not only would it be dangerous to ride without glasses, but it also causes […]
It’s very easy to get used to the familiarity of your own bike – perhaps you’ve had it for many years, and you’re good friends, or maybe your bike is brand new, and you’re still in the honeymoon period. Regardless what stage of “loved up” you’re in with your own bike (or maybe it’s love/hate?) […]
The sun is shining, and the weather is sweet… temperatures are gradually rising, and they will continue to do so. Winter commuting is full of mudguards, kit to stop you losing all the feeling in your fingers – summer riding is generally simpler, here’s a handful of tips to keep in mind. Panniers, not backpacks […]
There is no shortage of great innovations on their way over to cycling commuters everywhere, as inventors rush to create new products that solve problems cyclists face on a daily basis. From the bike bell, to the bike light – nothing is safe from being ripped apart and reimagined. We feature many of these new […]
For listings of all of London’s bike shops, cycle cafes and bike businesses, grab a copy of our free London Cyclist app. For a laugh, discounts and more, here’s a list of 7 London bike shop accounts I recommend you follow. Cycle PS @cycle_ps At Cycle PS in Camberwell you’ll find a pool table and stone […]
Max and Nils were two of the lucky cyclists to take part in the first ever Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 bike ride last year. Having completed this amazing challenge, they wanted to share some of their top tips, and to let you know how you can still get your place in this event. RideLondon is an […]
A new bike can of course feel amazing, but actually, sometimes just the addition of a little accessory you never knew existed can spruce up your existing bike, or make a difference to your journey. Take a look at these weird and wonderful suggestions, and please add your own in the comments! Folding pedals Have […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- Choosing road tyres for autumn and winter 16/10/2014
- 5 of the best bike locks 10/10/2014
- 5 Smart clipless pedal friendly shoes for women 07/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Phil: Cold weather gives me a bit more of an incentive t...
- Claire: Rob, London is not the world. Even in the UK, ther...
- Mark: thanks i have found windows movie maker now - very...
- Nancy Blum: In NYC it's best to use 2 locks...because it take...
- Roger: The delights of cycling in winter are many: You...
- Andreas: Hey Mark - sorry I didn't see your reply sooner -...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets