It’s very easy to get used to the familiarity of your own bike – perhaps you’ve had it for many years, and you’re good friends, or maybe your bike is brand new, and you’re still in the honeymoon period. Regardless what stage of “loved up” you’re in with your own bike (or maybe it’s love/hate?) […]
The sun is shining, and the weather is sweet… temperatures are gradually rising, and they will continue to do so. Winter commuting is full of mudguards, kit to stop you losing all the feeling in your fingers – summer riding is generally simpler, here’s a handful of tips to keep in mind. Panniers, not backpacks […]
There is no shortage of great innovations on their way over to cycling commuters everywhere, as inventors rush to create new products that solve problems cyclists face on a daily basis. From the bike bell, to the bike light – nothing is safe from being ripped apart and reimagined. We feature many of these new […]
For listings of all of London’s bike shops, cycle cafes and bike businesses, grab a copy of our free London Cyclist app. For a laugh, discounts and more, here’s a list of 7 London bike shop accounts I recommend you follow. Cycle PS @cycle_ps At Cycle PS in Camberwell you’ll find a pool table and stone […]
Max and Nils were two of the lucky cyclists to take part in the first ever Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 bike ride last year. Having completed this amazing challenge, they wanted to share some of their top tips, and to let you know how you can still get your place in this event. RideLondon is an […]
A new bike can of course feel amazing, but actually, sometimes just the addition of a little accessory you never knew existed can spruce up your existing bike, or make a difference to your journey. Take a look at these weird and wonderful suggestions, and please add your own in the comments! Folding pedals Have […]
Buying a saddle is a very personal affair, the compatibility of the body and saddle can make or break a ride, and can even make or break a rider. Many potential cyclists have been put off by a few early rides on a saddle that didn’t agree, quickly abandoning the bike based on its one […]
Now the clocks have gone back, you may begin to notice you have gained extra daylight time, that the world seems a little less bleak, and that your bicycle wheels are spinning further and faster. The eagle eyed of you may also notice something else: strange clusters of men and women in giant baby-grows, often […]
With maturity, usually comes knowledge – and Lucas should have that it spades, having been trading since 1872. The company has its roots in Birmingham, where the HQ is still based, and they started out creating ship’s lamps, and eventually the “King of the Road” cycle lamp, designed to be used on a Penny Farthing. […]
When you check your typical weather app, you’ll see it’s 15 degrees Celsius (59 Fahrenheit) and there’s a chance of rain later on. But what does that mean in terms of the kind of gear you should wear? If you’re an everyday cyclist, this probably means you’ll pack your typical gear, plus perhaps your waterproof jacket. […]
As the sun has started to pop out more often, I’ve seen more and more bikes on the roads which appear to have emerged from sheds and been thrust into the cold light of day without a thought for their feelings. Dirty, un-lubed and sometimes making creaky noises, these poor bicycles are squealing for some […]
Guest post by Gemma Hume, Digital Coms Officer for Practical Action. In the early hours of Sunday 8th June, 4,000 cyclists will take to London’s streets for Nightrider, an incredible 100km charity bike ride…and I will be one of them. You could be too! This time last year, I grudgingly agreed to do Nightrider with […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- Road bikes: to Disc brake or not to disc brake? 30/09/2014
- New MiCycle opens in East London offering cyclists a bike wash 24/09/2014
- Going Dutch for a bike ride around London 24/09/2014
- Cycling caps – why would you wear one, how to wear one, and where to get one 24/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Spirit Stones Cheats iphone: It is not my first time to visit this web site, i ...
- Anthony Adams: Nice article that covers a good range of products....
- AH: Bigger saddle bag that is that carries 15L....
- AH: Unless I'm carrying loads (my bigger bag carries ...
- AH: I have Avid BB7s on my bike and I find setting the...
- Dave: After having disc brakes on my last 2 bikes (Giant...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets