Some real bargains can be had by buying a second hand bike. You can get a much higher spec’ed bike used than new, or you can get an awesome vintage steed. However, you can end up having to do so much work to a second hand bike that you end up spending more than if […]
I was hesitant when I first plugged in the Knog Blinder to the mains and charged it up. I’ve owned a few USB bike lights and always found them to be great in theory – but not in practice. The problem I have had in the past with USB lights is that the charge doesn’t […]
London Cyclist is on Instagram! That’s right people – we’ve grown our social media arsenal. From great cycling gear, to beautiful commutes and the interesting people that work in the cycling industry – we intend to share it and would invite you to join us. To mark this momentous occasion (and because we have spent […]
We love our bikes. Many of us spend hours every day on them commuting to and from work. When we leave this prized possession somewhere we want to know it will still be there when we get back. This guide will take you through what to look for in a good bike lock and which […]
Our final brake pad replacement guide: disc brakes. Due to their effectiveness in wet conditions disc brakes are finding their way on to more and more bikes, particularly those used for commuting. They are great in London traffic when you have no idea who or what will walk out in front of you next. These […]
We’ve had our hands on a Slicks backpack before and generally found it to be both a great travel companion and perfect for carrying a suit around uncreased. Flash forward a few years later and Slicks are now launching a new, more utilitarian edition on Kickstarter. We decided to give it the London Cyclist indepth review treatment. […]
As cyclists, we’ve been lucky, with temperatures hovering in the teens for way longer than is seasonably expected. However, winter has suddenly arrived. It’s finally that time of year again when getting out on the bike requires a little more willpower. Cold, rainy and often dark, commutes through the winter present different challenges. That said, there […]
Last week we brought you a guide on replacing pads on cantilever and v-brakes. This week we are providing guidance on the types of rim brakes often found on road bikes. Many road (racing) bikes make use of cartridge based brake calipers in order to make replacing the brake pads very quick and easy. If […]
Ever started a bike ride feeling freezing cold and by the end being hot and sweaty? To have a comfortable ride throughout and keep cycling no matter the weather – layering is the secret. The great news is, layering is really very adaptable and a few key pieces can take you through every type of weather a year […]
Last week we took you through how to replace your brake cables for greater stopping power. However, you also need to make sure that your brake pads are in good shape too. Brake pads frequently wear out so this week we show you how to replace the brake pads on most styles of rim brakes. To see […]
I have been following Emily Chappell’s exploits for a while now as she does a lot of things that I wish I would do (and be able to do). She started riding the streets of London as a courier nearly a decade ago and has also been cycling a lot further afield in that time. Not only that, but […]
Having suggested 3 achievable cycling related New Years resolutions, I thought it only fair to open up and share my own. My goals are not really fitness related, though many of them will have that as an added benefit. My main driving force is to expand my horizons and to spend more time on the bike, because […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Harry-H: I have to agree with Andy about Howies - their stu...
- Andy ZE: How on earth did Howies win? Have you seen their ...
- Roger: Abus x-plus 540 230mm Abus 401 mini PitLocks So...
- Greg Lawson: I used SendBike.com a few weeks ago and spoke to w...
- Rosemary: Advice needs spreading around the country as there...
- Barry Hearn: Of course they're not have look on YouTube you'l...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets