Of course, every mode of transport has its drawbacks – and those who cycle to work will likely recognise a few of these moments… 1) The ‘world is against me’ moment Some rides go by with barely any trouble – no close overtakes, no unprompted shouting or horn honking, and no one cutting you up. […]
Riding in the dark isn’t everyone’s idea of fun. A lamp lit spin around lanes you know, or off-road – known as night riding – can actually be both liberating and very relaxing, but when the ride is simply about getting home, it can sometimes feel like a race for survival. Here are some tips […]
Winter is on its way, and at the London Cyclist we do realise that not everybody wants to ride through November, December and January. If you do, it might not be on your ‘favourite’ bike, so here are some tips for storing your steed until it’s ready to come out of hibernation. Clean the bike […]
Let’s say I: Own a £1000 bike Plus £150 worth of bike accessories – my lock, lights, mudguard etc. I tend to leave my bike in my house and at work in a secure garage. Once a week I leave my bike overnight in London, when I go out for after work drinks (Around 14 hours) I have a […]
Registration for a place in the 2015 London Revolution has just opened. If you’ve been following London Cyclist for a while, you’ll know this is one of our favourite rides. I rode it in 2012, Sam, one of our contributors, rode it in 2013 and I’m sure I’ll be taking part again in the near future. […]
Fact: riding over the summer months is much easier than keeping up the pedalling momentum past October. However, that doesn’t make it any less rewarding, any less fun or any less convenient. Here are 8 ways to make sure you don’t stop getting out on your bike as the weather turns, and help ensure you enjoy […]
At London Cyclist we love to receive your requests for topics to be featured – and when we covered casual commuter shoes for women, on request, we were soon flooded with requests for a mens equivalent. Riding clipped in allows you to utilize more of your muscle with every pedal stroke, waste less energy, and […]
The wet weather has arrived and unfortunately it will probably continue to rear it’s ugly head repeatedly for the next couple of months. Heavy rain means that debris is washed onto road surfaces, so even when the surfaces have dried out, there are more puncture risks on the tarmac. Not only that, but of course […]
No one wants to return to their pride and joy to find it missing, but unfortunately bike theft is all too common. When picking a bike lock, you want to go for one that promises to be sturdy, but is not so heavy or cumbersome that you’re more likely to take one look at it […]
This week we had an email from a female reader desperately searching for smart looking clipless pedal friendly shoes for women. Search as she might, our reader hadn’t found any women’s specific shoes that clipped in, but could pass as everyday wear off the bike. Task in hand, we set off in search of an […]
I hate shopping for trousers. It’s one of those items that you’ll wear all the time and will last for years, which makes it feel like it’s a big decision. As I hate shopping for them, I end up wearing my old trousers so much that eventually they get a hole in them. That’s what happened with […]
Backpacks for cycling come in all shapes and sizes. When I first joined the commuter community, I had a “Jansport” backpack – purchased because that is the style of pack I had at school, I found a cheap one in TKMaxx (oh, student days…) and it seemed sensible. Fine for early commutes, I soon realized […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 3 stretches and massage techniques that are great for cyclists 16/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- chris has: everyone has there own personel stories which is f...
- chris has: I agree to crack down on agressive cycling and agg...
- Nick: Isn't Salzbury in Austria, not Germany?...
- Andreas: True Mik - I found myself feeling rather hassled p...
- Mik: I'm a bit surprised you've suggested Amsterdam. ...
- Gpunto: There are nice cycling routes in central Italy, wh...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists