Keep your bike in great condition by lubricating it properly. This is especially important in the winter when you bike gets wet frequently and the roads get even dirtier than normal. The question often asked is how frequently should someone apply lubricant to their bike. It is a tough question to answer because it varies depending […]
Single speed bikes have a certain allure to many riders in London and beyond. There are people who love them and take great pride in their bike set ups. They feel that riding single speed, or even better: fixed, is true cycling. Then there are those who are skeptics, who believe that ‘gears were invented […]
Reading this blog or many other bike blogs, you will have inevitably come across talk of “essential” clothing and accessories for cycling. Is this all just hokum to sell things? Well, that depends. What one person deems essential is going to vary from the next person. A number of factors come in to play including distance of commute, type […]
Completing a safety check helps diagnose any maintenance issues before they affect you while you are out cycling. Depending on how much time you’ve got you may want to do the 10 second check, or if you’ve got 5 minutes then the M-Check is far more comprehensive. These instructions are taken from the Bike Doctor app […]
Lumo, a new British company on the cycling clothing scene, has two types of jackets out of both men and women. These are no normal jackets though, these are extra snazzy. The company went live on Kickstarter a little while ago and has just had its official launch party, selling online through their website as well as […]
Guest post by Sylvia Gauthereau The first time I rode a bicycle on a proper road was liberating – finally I was doing something that only grown up, or bigger kids did. I remember the wind on my face and through my hair, the excitement of riding faster, the fast passing landscape, the country lanes and the […]
Increasing the number of cyclists in London is not solely reliant on better infrastructure. For there to be more cyclists, there needs to be more people that are happy and comfortable on the roads. They need to want to give it a try and then want to do repeatedly. As a hardened urban cyclist, with plenty of experience of […]
What type of bike do you ride? Do you judge other cyclists riding different bikes (don’t lie, we all do it). How much do you really know about the benefits of other types of bikes? It is easy to get set into a specific riding style, but switching it up can add some excitement to […]
Arc’teryx is well known in climbing and hiking circles for producing very high quality, well fitting clothing. They have had a commuter line for a few years now but it seems to have attracted very little attention in this country. With the opening of a new flagship store, and my general love for pretty jackets […]
Accidents happen and we’ve been sharing great tips on how to cycle safely in London and what to do if you are ever in an accident. However, we haven’t previously covered how to get hold of CCTV if you are in an accident. In the UK there is one CCTV camera for every 11 people, according to some […]
Its raining, its pouring, but these clothes aren’t boring. In fact, the jacket comes in some pretty snazzy colours. In this review we will look at the waterproof utility jacket and the cotton rain trousers. Vulpine, the well respected purveyor of fine, urban cycling attire and accessories has been offering the waterproof utility jacket and […]
There is a certain romance to the idea of a unplanned, no route, ‘devil may care’ cycling tour through France. Simply stuff a tent into your pannier, a packet of jelly babies and a phrasebook in your pocket, jump on a ferry and head in the general direction of ‘‘that one climb I saw on the Tour on […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Best cycle commuter visibility tips 10/02/2016
- Helmet cameras for cyclists – our pick of the best 07/02/2016
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- Bike lights definitive guide 02/02/2016
- Coboc electric bike review 02/02/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- David Hodgson: Definitely worth the effort and 250-300 quid will ...
- MJ Ray: Isn't attaching lumps to the outside of your helm...
- Gav: I would say be very wary of buying any carbon fram...
- Andrew Beale: I did a similar project a few years ago with an ol...
- Amoeba: If it's true that you have taken such care, well-...
- jhon roadbiker: Hi there. Interesting things to share that few day...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists