When the Deloitte Ride Across Britain team sent over these pictures, my jaw dropped. The ride looks stunning. Covering 3 countries, over the course of 9 days and pedalling a total of 969 miles. This has to be the biggest challenge in UK cycling. Starting on Saturday September 6th 2014 from Lands End in Cornwall, the event […]
When we reviewed the Endura Urban Range back in July, we mentioned that there was a leather glove available as part of the range. We hadn’t tried it out though – because it was July, hot and we were enjoying the feeling – which is rare in this country – that you get when you […]
Case Logic are a well known brand when it comes to making laptop sleeves and carriers, and we’ve been putting one of their latest products through the mill on the bike as well. Messenger bags – or at least the sort used by couriers through London – are pretty sizeable things, and they need to […]
Timbuk2 bags review There is no brand so synonymous with messenger bags as Timbuk2, and the original San Francisco company have a wide array of bags – not just messenger – on the market. We’ve put two of them to the test. Classic Messenger bag review Visit Timbuk2’s website and you’ll see that […]
Cycling starts off as a lovely simple hobby – you pop on your trainers, strap a helmet to your head, jump on the bike and off you go. Then – a couple of years pass and suddenly you have multiple pedals, a collection of steeds, several helmets for different purposes, and more saddles and stems […]
Warm, dry and not sweaty. Is that too much for cyclists to ask from their footwear? It seems one company has the answer and they’ve put it through the ultimate test by taking them to the wettest place on earth. I always thought the wettest place on earth was wherever in the UK I chose […]
The Met Police have uploaded a gallery with pictures of some of the 2,000 unclaimed bikes they stored across the capital. Have a flick through and see if you can spot your stolen bike! The gallery is part of an announcement today that bike theft is down 11% across the capital, since October 2012. This […]
As the nights draw in and the days get shorter, there’s no doubt in the minds of cyclists all over London that winter is on its way, and summer is a distant memory. For cyclists, this means many things, including re-familiarising yourself with the on button for your bike lights and digging out your cold […]
It’s a very British stereotype to start by talking about the weather. However – it’s also unavoidable when we live in a country where the weather plays tricks on us. A typical autumn day might begin with fog and a slightly dampening mist, giving way to bright shining sun, which soon disappears to be replaced […]
The LFGSS rides forum is one of the best places to hear about social rides taking place in London. Here’s a recently selection.. October 19th: London Borough Spiral Ride This 180km ride has been organised by the forums members. Its a spiral loop that will take in all 32 of London’s boroughs. It starts in Sidcup […]
What is the best bike light? I hear you ask! To answer, let’s take a look at 5 of the most innovative, best selling bike lights. I’ll list them in order of entry level (highly affordable) to high end (plan a bank heist to buy one). Raleigh Led Front & Rear bike lights At […]
A few days ago, the designer of the London Cyclist app tapped in to my vast cycling knowledge and asked me whether he should buy this £137.90 bike: I shrugged and muttered “Looks alright”. My intuition told me he was probably looking for something a little more significant than that. So I got in touch […]
Join 8,231 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top tips for those thinking of hitting the turbo trainer 13/12/2013
- Who will step in to sponsor the cycle hire scheme? 13/12/2013
- New cycle safety film illustrates a lorry driver’s perspective 10/12/2013
- What is your bike made of? Bike frame materials and their properties 05/12/2013
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andreas: "On average, urban freeways cost $60 million a mi...
- Neil: Is the following not perhaps worth considering ? ...
- Kieran O\'Shea: Any advice on an entry-level TT?...
- PoPpy @ Persistence Over Perfection: This is my first winter since taking up road cycli...
- Johnny: I got the monkey lights as a present a few years b...
- Katie: If every cyclist had a Hornit cycle horn they'd b...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists