Simple tubes of material might not seem like anything special – but considering we live in a country where the weather changes its mind quicker than a hormonal teenager, they’re pretty useful. Arm and leg warmers pack down smaller than a jacket or pair of trousers, so are great for just keeping in your bag incase […]
A few months ago we reviewed some of the Arc’teryx’s commuter line of clothing and loved it. The brand is best known for its technical outdoor gear, and generally most items made for outdoor adventuring work great for cycling. With that in mind we thought it would be a good idea to try out some of […]
Valentines weekend is here. Perhaps you plan to go out on a romantic bike ride with your human love? Or perhaps you plan to pamper your two wheeled love? But, do you love your bike and cycling as much as these people? We will leave you to be the judge of whether they have taken it too far, […]
We have covered the best lights for commuting in our updated bike lights definitive guide, but sometimes being visible on the road isn’t just about one front and rear light, but rather other things to make you visible, and also where and how you cycle. You don’t have to use brightly coloured reflective clothing that screams […]
‘Helmet’ cams are an increasingly popular cycling accessory (although we acknowledge that you don’t all attach them to a helmet). Recording your rides gives you the ability to edit, chop and create great films so you can show friends and family what you’ve been up to – and it also gives you ammunition should you […]
Last week we covered step by step what to look at when assessing a second hand bike. This week we are giving you a run down of costs associated with fixing up a beautiful vintage road bike. Restoring a second hand bike Watch this video on YouTube Repairing the Rapparee With no weather damage to deal with […]
Happarel Bicycles is a German company (distributed by artisan werks) who have just started bringing their reflective products over here. They produce reflective material that can be applied to bikes, either as stickers, or as a full frame finish. The stickers are available to buy here and can be applied at home. The full frame […]
When picking bike lights there’s more choice than walking into a card shop to buy the perfect Christmas card. How on earth do you choose one that is suitable for you? How much should you spend on a bike light? Which ones are actually any good?
The stealth electric bike At first glance, you can’t tell that the Coboc is an electric bike. The battery is hidden in the frame. There are no buttons to increase or decrease the electric motor support. The charging plug is subtly placed beneath the top tube, as is a button to switch on the power. Once on, the battery […]
Some real bargains can be had by buying a second hand bike. You can get a much higher spec’ed bike used than new, or you can get an awesome vintage steed. However, you can end up having to do so much work to a second hand bike that you end up spending more than if […]
I was hesitant when I first plugged in the Knog Blinder to the mains and charged it up. I’ve owned a few USB bike lights and always found them to be great in theory – but not in practice. The problem I have had in the past with USB lights is that the charge doesn’t […]
London Cyclist is on Instagram! That’s right people – we’ve grown our social media arsenal. From great cycling gear, to beautiful commutes and the interesting people that work in the cycling industry – we intend to share it and would invite you to join us. To mark this momentous occasion (and because we have spent […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Pat: Focus the lights onto the roadway, to the front. ...
- Osman: hi I want to see pictures of your folding bike ....
- David Farr: Hi Dave, sorry to hear you are having trouble fitt...
- Sarah: Hello I've been hunting around for mountain biki...
- Dave: Thanks Rossco, Good luck to you too....
- Rossco: I'm riding for breast cancer care. Good luck to ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets