The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
With the London Cyclist 2016 roundup of the best GPS options for cyclists guide just released, now seemed like a good time to provide a through review of one of the options we mentioned. I have had the Polar M400 for a year now and it has replaced my regular watch. I chose this watch as it was […]
Here’s our 2016 guide to GPS devices for cyclists. The two main goals of a cycling GPS devices is to be able to track your cycling and to provide turn by turn directions. As with all technology, there are little variations in what each unit will do and record. Therefore, when choosing a GPS, thinking about […]
We have talked about waterproofs and strategies for staying in dry in the past. One item that we have not really reviewed but many of you have mentioned is a poncho. These waterproof items are a little more versatile in some respects than a normal rain jacket, but also have their own limitations. The People’s […]
Simple tubes of material might not seem like anything special – but considering we live in a country where the weather changes its mind quicker than a hormonal teenager, they’re pretty useful. Arm and leg warmers pack down smaller than a jacket or pair of trousers, so are great for just keeping in your bag incase […]
A few months ago we reviewed some of the Arc’teryx’s commuter line of clothing and loved it. The brand is best known for its technical outdoor gear, and generally most items made for outdoor adventuring work great for cycling. With that in mind we thought it would be a good idea to try out some of […]
Valentines weekend is here. Perhaps you plan to go out on a romantic bike ride with your human love? Or perhaps you plan to pamper your two wheeled love? But, do you love your bike and cycling as much as these people? We will leave you to be the judge of whether they have taken it too far, […]
We have covered the best lights for commuting in our updated bike lights definitive guide, but sometimes being visible on the road isn’t just about one front and rear light, but rather other things to make you visible, and also where and how you cycle. You don’t have to use brightly coloured reflective clothing that screams […]
‘Helmet’ cams are an increasingly popular cycling accessory (although we acknowledge that you don’t all attach them to a helmet). Recording your rides gives you the ability to edit, chop and create great films so you can show friends and family what you’ve been up to – and it also gives you ammunition should you […]
Last week we covered step by step what to look at when assessing a second hand bike. This week we are giving you a run down of costs associated with fixing up a beautiful vintage road bike. Restoring a second hand bike Watch this video on YouTube Repairing the Rapparee With no weather damage to deal with […]
Happarel Bicycles is a German company (distributed by artisan werks) who have just started bringing their reflective products over here. They produce reflective material that can be applied to bikes, either as stickers, or as a full frame finish. The stickers are available to buy here and can be applied at home. The full frame […]
When picking bike lights there’s more choice than walking into a card shop to buy the perfect Christmas card. How on earth do you choose one that is suitable for you? How much should you spend on a bike light? Which ones are actually any good?
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
- Henri: That didn't work with me. I bought an old and ugl...
- charley: Cyclehack London is part of a global movement brin...
- Fukal: Would it be that hard to put full specs for each c...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now