Transport for London have announced detailed consultation plans for two new Cycle Superhighways. They are the first two routes that really deserve the superhighway label. The East-West route will take you from Barking to Acton. An 18 mile route that will see some of the most dangerous junctions in London completely re-imagined. It will continue from Cycle Superhighway […]
All the cyclists are patiently waiting at a traffic light. Should they jump it instead? Risking a fine For a start, if they were caught, they would be issued with a £50 Fixed Penalty Notice. In 2013, over 4,000 cyclists were issued a Fixed Penalty Notice after jumping a red light or ignoring a road sign. […]
The signs of autumn might be gradually infiltrating our lovely summer of cycling, but that’s no reason to cut down on your riding. Even if you mainly ride to get yourself to and from work, your motivation to do so, and to put some extra effort into your commutes can be supercharged if you’ve got […]
Not too long ago, we wrote a piece explaining the benefits of wearing a cycling jersey. The quality material, close (non-flapping) material and handy inner-tube friendly pockets will all help you on a ride. However, we understand that not everyone wants to resemble their Tour de France idols. Brands know that some of us like […]
“Let’s do a weekend away!” your friend enthusiastically suggests. Five minutes later you are throwing out ideas: Let’s go coasteering! Let’s go mountain biking! Let’s go kayaking! Let’s go rock climbing! Two weeks go by with no planning, and suddenly you’re leaving in two days time. You frantically book hotels, Google mountain biking in Devon […]
No one likes to hear it, but summer is slowly ambling its way towards closure. The slowly ambling bit is important – there is still plenty of time to get out and enjoy some sunny rides, and these late season rides are absolutely golden – they’ll be the ones sitting in your memory until March […]
I recently came across a colleague on the way to work, who usually rides a pretty nice BMC road bike. However, the road bike had been replaced with a green and yellow Brompton. Lycra was swapped for jeans and the handle-bar chewing replaced with a relaxed lean-back style of riding that was entirely out of character. […]
I sat down on a sunny day in Lord’s Tavern with Alex Schlagman, co-founder of Pocket High Street and owner of this very orange bicycle. His London based startup has created an app that allows cyclists to type in an item they’re looking for and then get prices in London’s bike shops. They can then buy the item […]
I don’t know if you know this, but on London Cyclist we’ve got a bit of thing for chatting about smartphones and bikes: iPhone apps for cyclists Using GPS on your Android or iPhone Tigra iPhone 5 bike mount Cycling apps for Android Up until very recently, we even sold iPhone bike mounts in our eShop. […]
If you’re going to be spending a fair amount of time in the saddle, a good pair of cycling shorts will definitely make a big difference to your comfort. While lycra on the bike is not a ‘must have’, it’s a popular choice because the tight, figure hugging material won’t bunch and cause chafing, and it […]
Bike theft isn’t nice, we all know that. Many cyclists have experienced that sinking feeling, upon returning to the spot where the bike once stood to find nothing but… well, nothing. Perhaps a broken lock if the thief felt like rubbing it in. To prevent this happening to you, we wrote ‘three steps to theft […]
From the 25th to the 28th of September, the world’s UK’s bicycle press along with keen cyclists descend upon the NEC in Birmingham for the year’s Cycle Show. What is it? Should you go? Where do you stay? What are the highlights? What should I take? What day should I go? All good questions! Let’s answer them… […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- How to stay safe when cycling around potholes 11/11/2014
- 8 moments all us cycle commuters have felt 06/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Patrick: I would recommend shelling out for a set of USB re...
- Joanne: Mine is here if people would like to check out and...
- Hugo: Hi there, recently I start to use Finn (http://get...
- Ashwin: What bicycle repair needs to bring the prices down...
- Ashwin: Bike repair and maintenance is a cartel job in the...
- David Cohen: Ditto, pretty much to the word, re cleaning one's...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now