In a previous video, I’ve talked about 5 of the greatest dangers facing cyclists in London. Of course it’s not just about avoiding the dangers, it’s also about taking in the joys of cycling in London. In the new video, I wanted to explore 10 of the greatest joys London cyclists experience. We often forget many of these […]
Note: This offer has now expired. Thank you! The last time we did a bike servicing offer with Lunar Cycles in Kentish Town, things got a little crazy and we sold a lot more than we expected. Since then, a lot of people have been asking me when we’re going to do a follow on […]
There is an invisible hierarchy in London. It looks like this: Underground passenger Car driver Bus passenger Cyclist Runner Walker The Underground user is at the bottom of the hierarchy. They get to see little, to none of the city. A little further up, a driver, gets to see more. However, despite what car manufacturers will try […]
An interesting article in the Evening Standard caught my attention last week. Inside, behavioural psychologist Crawford Hollingworth, suggested some quick changes cyclists can make to their next bike ride. As a reader of London Cyclist, you already know the importance of glancing over your shoulder and of the dangers posed by lorries with large blind spots, so […]
On a rainy bike ride home, it’s hard for the mind not to wonder towards dreamier climates. My mind always wonders back to my cycling holiday along the Rhine in Germany and inevitably to the many pints consumed along the way. Cycling Holidays are great fun and a great way to socialise, and we really are spoilt […]
We cyclists do, of course, love our bikes – and there is absolutely no way we want to store them outside unless there is literally no other option. Unless you’ve craftily positioned yourself in a home with other cyclists, housemates, family and spouses can sometimes find this desire to keep the bike inside confusing and […]
This is a guest post by George of Bring Your Own Bike. Have you ever made your own sandwich? You’ll know the stages: agonising over the individual components, carefully assembling the parts, finally standing back to admire the finished article and then taking that first sweet bite through the crust and into the filling. You […]
I’ll admit, I’m a bit greedy in the bike department (but not as greedy as some people I know!) – I’ve got more than 3, and less than 5. However, I recently found myself wondering: if I could have just one bike, what would it be? Here’s a look at the distinguishing features of the most […]
What, you still do your own laundry? You fire up the washing machine, throw in the colours separately, add the powder and then put it in the drier when it’s done? Then you manually fold it? That’s so old school! After all, this is the 21st century that we live in and there’s an app […]
Any repetitive movement can put stress on your body, and cycling is certainly that – if you pedal at 90 rpm, that’s 5,400 revolutions an hour, so it’s understandable that from time to time you might feel the odd ache. DOMS – delayed onset muscle soreness – are a normal sign that your body is […]
Guest post by Joe Plommer, a photographer and writer based in Camberwell. You’ll find Joe on Twitter. Illustration via Mayumi Mori. I must first have visited Bob’s Cycles, on Walworth’s John Ruskin street, in around 2006. I was a student, and had recently left my long-standing part-time job at one of London’s major bike shop chains. This […]
One of the most popular London Cyclist posts last year was ‘8 moments all cycle commuters will understand’ – you guys liked it so much, we thought we’d follow it up with 8 ways you can identify other commuters in your work place… Of course, if you’ve got a communal bike rack, and arrive in at […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- How to choose a long distance commuting bike…. 13/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Longchamp Pinkower: This is my first visit to this blog. I am thinking...
- Vincent: > Chains need TLC too, and depending on the con...
- Vincent: There's an even bigger alternative to the T-Bag, ...
- Riccardo: Read my answer below...
- Riccardo: Hi there. This backpack is great for grocery, But ...
- Fern: I have been using the Cbag for a few years and it ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now