The turn of the year often encourages people to make resolutions to get fit, or save money – and the good news is that cycling allows you to do both. If you’ve started cycling recently, you may be coming across questions that you’d never considered before. If so, here’s a look at 10 of the […]
We’ve had some bouts of super cold weather recently. At the London Cyclist we’re always keen to help you keep pedaling in winter, but icy conditions can be dangerous, and sometimes you need to either adapt your ride or try something a little different. Adapt your route Riding in the city center, on roads with […]
Every January, people all over the world make plans to “be more organised”, “eat better”, “exercise” or “give up smoking”, and unfortunately many fail. If you’ve decided that in 2015 you’re going to either start cycling, or cycle more, then we’re here to help make sure you’ll still be aboard two wheels come December 2015. […]
As we wrap things up for 2014 here at London Cyclist HQ and get ready for mince pies and long naps in-front of Christmas TV, we’d like to take a look back at our 5 most popular articles in 2014. Using GPS Cycle Routes on your Android or iPhone Our in-depth guide to GPS on Android and […]
Good news and bad news off TfL this Christmas. Which would you like to hear first? The good news is hundreds of new docking points are planned for 2015, as the scheme continues to successfully expand. In particular, Putney Pier, Vauxhall and Tower Bridge will see new stations, as will Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. A […]
The festive season is often associated with back-to-back parties, three course meals, and the mad rush to pick up all your Christmas presents in time for the 25th December – all those things don’t usually equate to being your fittest ever (maybe the last one…). However, if you’ve got cycling goals for 2015, or you just […]
There’s no argument that visibility whilst cycling is important – part of that is cycling lights and also reflective gear. However, a lot of high-vis gear is simply not that attractive off the bike. That’s where LUMO comes in. LUMO make city cycling jackets and backpacks designed to be attractive, and visible, using waterproof LED lights built into stylish, […]
Readers always ask us to do more to feature local bike shops. It’s the reason we launched the free London Cyclist app to showcase some of London’s best bike shops. Today, we’re launching a new useful tool for London cyclists in collaboration with Pocket High Street. Using the orange search box on the right hand side of […]
Winter riding: shivers and wet weather gear and ‘how to keep your bike in good condition’ – sometimes it all gets a bit drab and shiny new bar tape is a fantastic way to bring some brightness to your riding. It’s super easy to replace your bar tape – here’s how, and a few suggestions […]
Sign your business up to Zero Emissions Network and get a £1000 grant to help encourage sustainable travel
Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets councils have teamed up to create the Zero Emissions Network, a project aiming to reduce air pollution across the city fringe. They are aiming to help businesses operate cheaper, cleaner and greener. Aside from bespoke advice for local businesses they also provide the following benefits for anyone who signs up for free: Free […]
Cycling is fantastic for you – it’s a great way of getting exercise without pounding your joints and since it’s not weight bearing, cyclists generally get fewer injuries than runners. However, many bike riders still suffer from the odd niggle, and Yoga can definitely help. Yoga can benefit cyclists through: Stretching out tight muscles Bending […]
If this year you’ve got someone on your office secret santa list who happens to be a cyclist, here are some of our top recommendations from £10 to £40. Haggerston leather d-lock holster – £30 D-locks are very often considered the safest form of lock, but they can be a pain to lug around. To combat the […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 17 local London bike shops – offer ended! 13/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- simon: Just be careful of the many scams in the market at...
- Nick: So what you suggest where to buy them Chain Reacti...
- Vanessa: Omg, that's so me! I need to wash my bike, it loo...
- Tracy: Hi all, Does anyone have any advice on which came...
- David: Puncture proof tyres do exists look at greentyre.c...
- Chris2dhs: +1 for the Exposure Trace and TraceR, but I also h...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now