Not every road cycling woman needs a female specific bike, but a great many would benefit from one. In general, a woman’s leg to torso ratio is different to a man’s – usually women will have longer legs and a shorter torso. They also have narrower shoulders, smaller hands, and wider hip bones. A female […]
Running London Cyclist I regularly hear stories of cyclists who’ve been hit by drivers who’ve been turning left, or who’ve come out of a junction without looking or any one of one of tens of other scenarios. I decided to interview one such cyclist to hear about what he did next. 1. Can you please describe the […]
A new friend recently sent me a message: “Hey Andreas – you run London Cyclist right? Can you recommend me a road bike for under £1000?” It’s a good question. There is a dazzling amount of choice available. The £999.99 price point is particularly competitive, as it qualifies under the governments cycle-to-work scheme. If you have that kind […]
A week doesn’t go by without someone contacting me to promote their bike related Kickstarter. Where I can, I oblige. An area that really excites me, is bike locks. I’d like to be able to: Unlock my bike with my phone Receive an alert if someone tampers with my lock Share my bike with my friends, without having to […]
How would you feel if you never had to use a key again when you unlocked your bike? That’s the dream behind the light, sexy, flexible, soft to the touch; Knog Party Combo bike lock. Knog were kind enough to send one to London Cyclist HQ for a review, so we’ve put it through its paces. […]
You are living in London, but you want to go on a cycling holiday in Spain? What do you do? Find a bike shop and hire a cheaper bike when you get there for around £15 per day (£25 per day for an expensive bike) Take your bike on your flight Take your bike with you on a ferry Use […]
For a gallon of petrol (3.785411784 litres – give or take) in Austin, Texas you pay £1.96. In the UK, we would pay £4.96. With such bargain fuel prices, why ride a bike or walk? For me the answer was two-fold: Necessity and a love of cycling. I was in Austin, Texas for a couple […]
Bib shorts are not necessarily just the attire of Tour de France riders, they’ve become more popular among commuters, tourers and road cyclists. The DHB brand is sold exclusively by Wiggle, and we regularly review their products as they tend to be of a strong standard and at the same time remaining affordable. What’s the point? […]
It’s been seven years since the Tour de France graced British soil. The biggest bike race in the World visited us last in 2007, when London hosted the Grand Depart. Aside from that, the Tour has only been to Britain on two other occasions – in 1974 and 1994. So you see, it could be […]
Locking and leaving your bike can sometimes feel a bit like abandoning it in the vague hope it will still be there on your return. Drab, old fashioned style bike racks littered with ‘bits of bike’ often do little to inspire confidence.. Of course, what we’d all love is a modern, attractive but strong looking […]
Punctures are annoying, we all know that. However, they happen – and the best we can do is try to limit the frequency. What is of course incredibly annoying, is having two punctures in quick succession. Thankfully, this is probably avoidable. Here’s a look at why this might happen: You’ve been really unlucky This is […]
The Tour de France is beginning in Leeds on Saturday 5th July, with stage one travelling over 190k of the Yorkshire Dales. After that, the race will move to York, for a 201km loop to Sheffield, before going from Cambridge to London on Monday 7th July. If you’re around, then there’s a great guide on […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- Road bikes: to Disc brake or not to disc brake? 30/09/2014
- New MiCycle opens in East London offering cyclists a bike wash 24/09/2014
- Going Dutch for a bike ride around London 24/09/2014
- Cycling caps – why would you wear one, how to wear one, and where to get one 24/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Donna @OrdCyclingGirl: Sounds like really good value for money and a grea...
- Phil: On the subject of carrying the lock, if you have a...
- official Slotomania hack: Nice blog here! Also your site rather a lot up fas...
- Tom: Another vote for Avid BB7's here, so good and so ...
- Dave: Use Topeak's MTX quick track bag and beam rack sy...
- slotomania games best odds: Hi, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcou...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists