For a glimpse of a car-free London, take a trip down to Regent’s Streets on any Sunday in July. The usual traffic choked streets, will make way for street food festivals, group exercise sessions, a 50 metre catwalk and garden installations. Nina Allwood has some stunning pictures from the 2014 event, which gives you an idea of what to […]
Note from Andreas: I’m in New York this week and it just so happened at the same time London Cyclist was invited to race Bradley Wiggins during his record breaking challenge. Unable to go, my friends Peter Newell and Ben Holt took on the challenge. On Sunday, Sir Bradley Wiggins smashed the record for most distance travelled […]
John Hamlen spent 5 months walking along London’s Cycle Superhighways to find the perfect location for his cycle cafe. One day, peering through the window of what was then another cafe, Eat Play Love, he knew he’d found the perfect spot. As fortunes would have it, a few days after the discovery, Eat Play Love closed down. John started toiling away on […]
I don’t know if you know this about me, but I like cycling. Whilst 99% of the time I’m cycling from A to B on the streets of London, on a rare opportunity, I’ll go on a cycling trip. Recently, I’ve cycled in Germany, Bolivia and Devon. Next up, I’m hoping to ride the streets […]
The news this week that a female cyclist has died after being hit by a lorry in Denmark Hill has brought cycle safety into the spotlight once again. Over the past 24 hours, the two incidents have been the most viewed articles on the Evening Standard website. In 2015, six cyclists have been killed on […]
The pictures are in from the 2015 Mitie London Revolution. Here’s a selection of our favourites! Good advice at the start of the ride! Smart way to fuel up. I’d throw in a few energy gels too. The start of the ride is a chance to security mark your bike. You know, that thing you […]
Guest post by Catherine Ellis We always wanted Made in Britain to be stamped on our leather bike bags. Yeah, the Italians know a bit about cycling, and leather for that matter, but us Brits are hard at their heels both in terms of innovative bike products and cycling itself. (We don’t want to go on […]
Walking into Everyone Bikes, in Battersea, you’d be forgiven for thinking you’d wandered into a boutique rather than a bike shop. Everything here has been laid out with an eye to its visual appeal – from the helmets, forming a colourful display along one white, minimalist wall, to the clothes, draped from wooden hangers towards […]
People ask me all the time, “don’t you find cycling in London terrifying?” Apparently, it’s only the most insane amongst us who are actively choosing to take on two wheels in the UK’s capital. That’s not without its reasons. In the last four years, almost 23,000 incidents involving bicycles were recorded in London. Still, scary […]
Rechargeable lights come with green credentials and are wallet friendly, saving you from having to keep replacing the batteries. There is a downside though, in testing, they don’t tend to last as long as bike lights that use standard, non-rechargeable batteries. With that in mind, we’ve summed up a handful of our favourites from the low, […]
Way back in 2012 I rode the Mitie London Revolution. To date, it’s been one of the most fun and challenging rides I’ve ever been on. Since the rides conception just a few short years ago, it’s become one of the most popular routes amongst London cyclists, selling out each year. The 2015 edition, kicks […]
It’s a well known formula: Bike + Indoor storage = Unhappy coinhabitants + messy corridor Having recently taken part in the much despised game of “find a new place to rent” one of the things I was looking at, as estate agents showed me around, was where I could potentially store my bike. Would I be […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to obtain CCTV footage after an accident 08/10/2015
- Vulpine rain protection reviewed 07/10/2015
- Preparing for your first French cycle tour 04/10/2015
- Complete guide to safe cycling for cyclists and motorists 30/09/2015
- My eyes! New dhb Flashlight jacket and jerseys reviewed 29/09/2015
- How to cope with 3 panic inducing bike commuter experiences 24/09/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Michelle: I wear the trousers over my shorts or leggings and...
- Dave: Anyone, riding anywhere, at anytime should be safe...
- MJ Ray: We're unlikely to agree because this is a debate ...
- Harry-H: I'll stick with my Paramo Quito, thanks. It's a...
- Andreas: Agreed wholeheartedly!...
- Andreas: Agreed - people are shocked when I share how often...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets