Mudguards. Those things that the cyclists in front of you never seem to have when it’s raining. If you’ve cycled for long enough you’ll no doubt be aware of all the gunk on the road that you always tell yourself you should one day clean off your bike. Fortunately, a good set of mudguards goes […]
I have mostly been using a pannier through the winter as I find it useful in the rain. However, regardless of using it for months now, I still don’t really feel like it works for me for regular trips into and around central London. I love it for longer rides, but start stop travel for me […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Even then, will the weather do the same thing all day? Of course not! Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When […]
I have always been intrigued by the idea of a bike fit, but wasn’t sure if I was enough of a ‘Cyclist’ to warrant one. I was also terrified that someone would tell me a I brought the wrong sized bike! I have tinkered around with the fit of my bike myself. A lot of […]
Vulpine are one of the quintessential success stories of the London cycling scene. Founded in 2012, Vulpine set out with a goal of functional clothes that look good and off the bike. As Nick says, the litmus test for a Vulpine garment is whether you can walk into a pub, without standing out as a cyclist. With Spring in […]
We featured the Monkey Light in our visibility roundup a few weeks ago. I had seen one in action a little while ago and thought it looked awesome so wanted to spread the word. Then of course I wanted one for myself. So here is a full review of the M232 unit! What is it? The […]
On several occasions I distinctly remember scrounging a carrier bag to put inside my backpack in a last ditched effort to keep my laptop dry. In all honesty, it worked, but it’s by no means the easiest, least stressful situation to deal with. These days I’ve got something far better suited for the job. Here’s how I […]
In the first of our ‘London cycling company’ profiles, we sat down and had a chat with Svelte. Svelte is a fairly new, fairly small South London based company, founded in 2015. They currently produce a few of key pieces of cycling attire, notably a merino jersey made in London, a highly functional commuter shirt and some […]
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
With the London Cyclist 2016 roundup of the best GPS options for cyclists guide just released, now seemed like a good time to provide a through review of one of the options we mentioned. I have had the Polar M400 for a year now and it has replaced my regular watch. I chose this watch as it was […]
Here’s our 2016 guide to GPS devices for cyclists. The two main goals of a cycling GPS devices is to be able to track your cycling and to provide turn by turn directions. As with all technology, there are little variations in what each unit will do and record. Therefore, when choosing a GPS, thinking about […]
We have talked about waterproofs and strategies for staying in dry in the past. One item that we have not really reviewed but many of you have mentioned is a poncho. These waterproof items are a little more versatile in some respects than a normal rain jacket, but also have their own limitations. The People’s […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Gary: The barriers at East India mentioned above is not ...
- katharine: This is a useful article. I agree with the comment...
- Dr C.: This happened to both pockets on my C bag (now 6 y...
- MJ Ray: Are any of them saddle-shaped? Can you post side-o...
- Michael: Can you all just afford one bike? I've got a ...
- Michael: haha brilliant comment! I've got a few bikes ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets