Increasing the number of cyclists in London is not solely reliant on better infrastructure. For there to be more cyclists, there needs to be more people that are happy and comfortable on the roads. They need to want to give it a try and then want to do repeatedly. As a hardened urban cyclist, with plenty of experience of […]
What type of bike do you ride? Do you judge other cyclists riding different bikes (don’t lie, we all do it). How much do you really know about the benefits of other types of bikes? It is easy to get set into a specific riding style, but switching it up can add some excitement to […]
Arc’teryx is well known in climbing and hiking circles for producing very high quality, well fitting clothing. They have had a commuter line for a few years now but it seems to have attracted very little attention in this country. With the opening of a new flagship store, and my general love for pretty jackets […]
Accidents happen and we’ve been sharing great tips on how to cycle safely in London and what to do if you are ever in an accident. However, we haven’t previously covered how to get hold of CCTV if you are in an accident. In the UK there is one CCTV camera for every 11 people, according to some […]
Its raining, its pouring, but these clothes aren’t boring. In fact, the jacket comes in some pretty snazzy colours. In this review we will look at the waterproof utility jacket and the cotton rain trousers. Vulpine, the well respected purveyor of fine, urban cycling attire and accessories has been offering the waterproof utility jacket and […]
There is a certain romance to the idea of a unplanned, no route, ‘devil may care’ cycling tour through France. Simply stuff a tent into your pannier, a packet of jelly babies and a phrasebook in your pocket, jump on a ferry and head in the general direction of ‘‘that one climb I saw on the Tour on […]
Safe cycling is something we cover extensively on London Cyclist. This post is a collection of some of the most important information, in one place. Motorists share a responsibility with cyclists to create a safe environment, so we’re going to cover both road users here (after all, many of us who cycle, are also drivers). 5 skills you […]
What trickery is this, sun during the night?! This stuff is bright. It is reflective and it is bright. Did I say it was bright? I am not usually one for neon colours (although I happen to think that neon pink actually looks quite good on me). I generally prefer my urban cycling gear to […]
How you cope with life’s major and minor challenges is a mark of character. Or so the common adage goes. The trying cycling events we usually encounter are related to road safety. However, there are a few things that will probably happen to every cycle commuter at least once that we don’t think about until they happen. Here […]
After all the reviews for bags you carry or your Brompton carries, we thought a round up of winter-proof regular panniers was called for. Your chances of a wet commute have increased significantly now it is autumn, as is evidenced by the weather forecast for this week. With this in mind we decided to offer […]
The ‘Mini-Holland’ projects are probably nothing new to many of us London cyclists. Going Dutch is supposed to fix all of our cycling woes and the place where the revolution begins is London. What is very interesting is the variation in the interpretations of what ‘Holland-izing’ London would look like. Each borough (Enfield, Kingston and Waltham Forest) […]
As cyclists in London, we take for granted being able to navigate London on a bike. Although, even after many years of cycling, I still occasionally question my sanity and doubt my ability to get around safely. I’ve learnt to adapt, by avoiding certain roads and using what I learnt on a cycle safety course. You […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- A first Christmas list – things to keep relatives happy 20/11/2015
- 8 rookie bike maintenance mistakes 20/11/2015
- CS5 – one step closer to cycling utopia? 19/11/2015
- How to Clean Your Bicycle 13/11/2015
- Bike repairs: DIY or leave to the professionals? 12/11/2015
- Review of the £299.99 Mango Single Speed 11/11/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- al: Not all threads should be greased. The jockey whee...
- Thom: On a Brompton, I've found the tyre pressure sweet...
- Manchester Cyclist: WD-40's multi-use products should not be used, ho...
- Afro: Bike accident is highly dangerous. It could be lif...
- free travel listing sites: Slowly working my means through so that I can hope...
- www.produitpourmaigrir.xyz: Weightlossforall sera régulièrement actualisé a...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now