Last week we brought you a selection of our 5 favourite bike shops in North London. This week we are working our way around the compass and come to East London. East London has a lot of cyclists – it’s a great place to ride a bike and has loads of lovely canals, parks and […]
Saddles are a tricky item to buy. What’s great for me, won’t necessarily be the best saddle for you. Simply put, our butts are different (probably). That said, it gets pretty hard and expensive to keep trying saddle after saddle at random until you find your dream perch. For this article, we decided to reach […]
There are so many great little bike shops in London. Some are specialists in a certain type of bike. Others are more focused on maintenance and repair. Most sell a good range of accessories for impromptu upgrades or planned revamps. North London is our stomping ground (with some North-East thrown in recently) and so we […]
It’s official, there’s no commuter who is as happy as the cycle commuter. “I can’t wait to get back on the underground” said nobody around the office water cooler ever. Instead the conversation is typically “Riding my bike in to work is sooooo great, I come in feeling awake and refreshed.” We hear you, at London Cyclist […]
Mudguards. Those things that the cyclists in front of you never seem to have when it’s raining. If you’ve cycled for long enough you’ll no doubt be aware of all the gunk on the road that you always tell yourself you should one day clean off your bike. Fortunately, a good set of mudguards goes […]
I have mostly been using a pannier through the winter as I find it useful in the rain. However, regardless of using it for months now, I still don’t really feel like it works for me for regular trips into and around central London. I love it for longer rides, but start stop travel for me […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Even then, will the weather do the same thing all day? Of course not! Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When […]
I have always been intrigued by the idea of a bike fit, but wasn’t sure if I was enough of a ‘Cyclist’ to warrant one. I was also terrified that someone would tell me a I brought the wrong sized bike! I have tinkered around with the fit of my bike myself. A lot of […]
Vulpine are one of the quintessential success stories of the London cycling scene. Founded in 2012, Vulpine set out with a goal of functional clothes that look good and off the bike. As Nick says, the litmus test for a Vulpine garment is whether you can walk into a pub, without standing out as a cyclist. With Spring in […]
We featured the Monkey Light in our visibility roundup a few weeks ago. I had seen one in action a little while ago and thought it looked awesome so wanted to spread the word. Then of course I wanted one for myself. So here is a full review of the M232 unit! What is it? The […]
On several occasions I distinctly remember scrounging a carrier bag to put inside my backpack in a last ditched effort to keep my laptop dry. In all honesty, it worked, but it’s by no means the easiest, least stressful situation to deal with. These days I’ve got something far better suited for the job. Here’s how I […]
In the first of our ‘London cycling company’ profiles, we sat down and had a chat with Svelte. Svelte is a fairly new, fairly small South London based company, founded in 2015. They currently produce a few of key pieces of cycling attire, notably a merino jersey made in London, a highly functional commuter shirt and some […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
- Henri: That didn't work with me. I bought an old and ugl...
- charley: Cyclehack London is part of a global movement brin...
- Fukal: Would it be that hard to put full specs for each c...
- Andy: Hub Velo in Clapton is tiny but ace...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets