It’s that time of the year again when we all descent on the London Bike Show to take a look into what the bicycle companies have in store for us in 2012. The show starts on Thursday the 12th of Jan at 10am and runs until Sunday the 15th. The busiest day is always the […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
If you are looking for a good new multi-tool, bike light or secondary lock at up to 50% off RRP then these deals by the guys at BuyaPowa will be of much interest. They are not available for long (one of them ends tomorrow!) so take a look below and see if there’s anything of […]
“No Barclays Cycle Superhighways will be launched in 2012/2013 due to a reduced construction delivery window necessitated by the 2012 Games” This was the answer given by the Mayor when asked about the progress of the Cycle Superhighways. The good news is that the Cycle Hire scheme will continue to expand. This news comes despite […]
The ETA are currently running a competition that you can enter by simply getting a bicycle insurance quote from this page. Up for grabs is an iPad 2, a high end cycling back-pack, a pedal powered iPad/iPhone charger and a copy of the London Cycle Routes eBook. To enter grab a quote.
The thinking behind PleaseCycle, a new London based startup, is an Air Miles system for bikes. A way of rewarding people for choosing a green mode of transport for commuting. Once your company has signed up for PleaseCycle you then start logging miles. This allows you to view CO2 emissions saved and redeem credits for […]
The Southbank Centre, located in one of my favourite parts of London, is celebrating the 60th Festival of Britain. As part of that they have a number of free cycling events worth a look. Drop-in workshop (Saturday 13th of August) Free advice from Cycle Training UK as well as maintenance help. 12pm to 4pm More […]
As an example of the mindless violence going on in London, MiCycle, a bike shop run by the lovely couple Matthew and Penny, has been attacked. This is a small business, that we’ve praised previously on London Cyclist. In-fact when interviewing Matthew and Penny they told me how they wanted to reach out to the […]
Last July, news emerged of £200 fines for motorists and cyclists caught using Olympic Lanes. The news today, is that this disruption could continue for up to 100 days from June to September. A TfL consultation is currently taking place where it is possible to see the roads in London affected by the Olympic Route […]
The Conservative Assembly members walkout is an outcome few could have predicted from the Blackfriars Bridge cycle safety discussion. The discussion largely surrounds a 20mph limit that has been in place during construction work on the bridge. TfL, with the support of Mayor Boris Johnson, plan on removing the 20mph limit in favour of a […]
When TfL announced a victory for cyclists on Wednesday over the Blackfriars Bridge changes few were clapping. Encouraged by the LCC, The iBikeLondon blog and Cyclists in the City (as well as tweets on the London Cyclist twitter!) a protest was organised for 8.30am on Blackfriars Bridge. It appears the turnout at the Blackfriars Bridge […]
By Summer 2011 two new Cycle Superhighways will be crossing through London. I wanted to see how they were coming along so I posed the question on Twitter.. @suspectpackage cs8, painted the road blue a bit, wouldn’t call it progress though, just back from Holland http://yfrog.com/h87rnvrsj @ianbar33 CS8 getting on but surface not good between […]
Debbie & Nick Sumner purchased the Wissett Plough in April 2007. Food is available every weekday from 12 noon to 2 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm. On Saturdays and Sundays they serve food all day from 12 noon till 9 pm. There is also a take-away service for fish and chips and burgers […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- Guide to the Cycle Show 2014 15/08/2014
- 5 of the greatest dangers facing cyclists in London 12/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alex: Thanks Andreas. We now have 40,000 products on off...
- Seb: In Copenhagen, DK, the city council have done a lo...
- George: Reading your article "What to do for your bike to...
- storage facilities in grand rapids michigan: There could be a high percentage of improper handl...
- worldssuperbikes: Worlds Super Bikes is giving great quality of bike...
- Giles Roadnight: I assume that all the shops will have good bike pa...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now