You may be one of those cyclists that dabbles in long distance cycling. Maybe you like challenges. Maybe you like folding bikes. Maybe, just maybe, you like Paris. They do make exceedingly good baguettes. Or maybe you have read a book about a French man and his amazing baguette. Maybe I’m rambling! The 9th of […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
In times when everyone is trying to watch their spending have you considered how much you are saving or could be saving by cycling? There are 22 working days in a month A tube fare in zone 1-2 is £2.20 during peak hours when most people commute to work. The journey there and back is […]
Monthly feature: London Cyclist rounds up all the news that you shouldn’t miss out on as a cyclist and hand delivers you the most interesting bits. God were good to you! Miami is trying to become a more bicycle friendly city and the mayor has started an initiative whereby certain central roads are restricted to […]
Boris Johnson is to follow up on his campaign pledge of allowing motorbikes in bus lanes of London which is usually the domain of cyclists and buses. He has decided to do this after successfully results in Bristol. I am a bit fearful of this change and what it will mean for safety on the […]
Hey all, I received an e-mail recently from Deb suggesting a cyclist lost and found site. When Deb was riding along… “On Friday 16th May at 7pm a passing cyclist lost her beautiful scarf while peddling down the Harrow Road. The scarf flew under the number 18 bus, but I rescued it & waved it […]
UK cyclists are fighting plans to ban bikes from a rail network. The Crossrail project would see a new underground route built beneath London. But the scheme proposes to forbid any bikes from the central route, and there will be no cycle parking at main stations. Now the CTC, the UK’s largest cycling members body, […]
Tough day at work, nice to come back and chill out. Here is a nice little video for you: The cyclist is Mike Bentham who has some cool videos and photos on his blog. In other news: Cycle Surgery stores based in London planning to expand with a further 7 stores outside the capital. Ban […]
101-1411 23.5 mph Originally uploaded by Chris(topher) Lin Whilst I don’t have a speedometer on my new bicycle, due to the stop start nature of commuting in London back when I was at college I managed to get up to 26 mph, admittedly whilst going down a hill. What is the highest speed you have […]
Dusk ’til Dawn 2008 is as of today (Jan 7th) taking registrations for the event in October. What is dusk til dawn? 1,000 participants 12 hours £5,000 split across winners Location: Thetford, Norfolk (in a forest) Night time riding Full details can be found: http://www.thetfordmtbracing.com/d2d.htm
Here’s an interesting round-up of news headlines related to cycling: Cycling Fury at Beheading Joke – huge outrage has been seen at the Times Columnist that joked about using piano wire to behead cyclists due to their disregard of road rules Police launch safer cycling campaign – from tomorrow until 11th of Jan london police […]
Gary Bluett will be travelling 2,600 miles on a charity bike ride to every Anglican Cathedral in England to raise money for The Macmillan Cancer Support Charity and Letton Church. What a clever way of raising money and it kind of makes my 2.5 mile travel into work look a lot easier! Apparently Gary will […]
Everyone knows that Bicycle theft in London is a major problem however, there is good news for us cyclists that frequently use two safety locks – bicycle crime has fallen for the first time in 5 years. You might have already been able to guess which areas are a particular problem around London but here […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- eric: The RoadID app sends a breadcrumb that your signif...
- MJ Ray: "If you use a bright light, do be responsible –...
- Daniel: No longer do I ought to stand in line in the coffe...
- Alan Moore: Surprised you mention high viz, as this makes almo...
- Dave: Carlos, OsmAnd allows you to use vector maps of...
- Thomas: I love the first one- nothing better then making a...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists