So the big news that has been making the rounds is the rise in the number of cyclist deaths: (more…)
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
A recent storm arose on Twitter after @LDN, definitely a member of the London Twitterati, provided a link to the Sorry Mate I didn’t See You (SMIDSY) database for cyclists to report bad drivers. (more…)
Only 25 MPs currently back stopping Boris from closing the HGV inspection unit – how you can easily help..
Well, I never really planned to go down the activist route with this blog but I guess sometimes its too important to ignore. If you don’t live in the UK you can pretty much ignore the rest of this update! (more…)
The Cycle to Work scheme which has helped many cyclists get serious discounts off their new bikes and accessories is today getting another boost. Companies both public and private are being encouraged to sign up to provide: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them Good quality changing and locker […]
While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
A look at the Mayors London Transport Plan and how it falls short of serving cyclists with only a 5% target of modal share
The peak district is already one of the nicest parts of the country you can cycle round and this is set to improve with a £1.25 million cash injection from Cycling England.
So it is the end of another year of the Cycle Show! Here is a bit of a preview of some of the main things to emerge from this years show and what we can expect hitting the stores shortly.
Fancy cycling to Paris for a weekend escape? Oui. A new route ready for the 2012 Olympics is being built that will link London to Paris. The plan is to utilise existing cycle paths and link them together wherever necessary with new routes. The starting point in London is at the iconic St. Paul’s Cathedral […]
"He needs to think less about attention-grabbing policies linked to niche modes of travel like cycling and grasp the bigger problems of transport in the capital, not least congestion in outer London. With the best will in the world, encouraging a few more people onto their bikes is not going to solve the relentless jams […]
What I’ve been reading Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! London Cycling News Cycle to work scheme (50% off bikes!) is now available to all […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 3 stretches and massage techniques that are great for cyclists 16/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Freddie: I am starting my own bike repair business in Londo...
- Freddie: Well as opposed to ironing and so forth, safety is...
- Freddie: I totally agree with you. I am a mechanic and with...
- Patrick: Can we count Iceland in this list? Absolute dream,...
- Lavern: Hi would you mind letting me know which hosting co...
- michael.: I used 2 rubbish locks for 3 months and had it sto...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists