The Bicycle Film Festival kicks off tomorrow in London and there is plenty going on and anyone can attend. Wednesday 23rd 7pm: Opening party at Tabernacle on Powis Square and the east to west ride Thursday 24th 8.30pm: Breaking Away bicycle film on show plus the late night party at 9.30pm at the Barbican Theatre
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Today was the London Skyride. It involved 15km (why do they use KM in all the promotional material? I guess it sounds better than 9.32 miles) of roads closed off to cars, so that cyclists can enjoy cycling around London. There were also plenty of events being held such as bike repair stands and the […]
You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, a pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including in a policeman’s helmet and cyclists cannot cycle down one-way streets. All very silly laws and all actually still exist. But of all those, the third may be about to change.
What I’ve been reading is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! London Cycling News (Shuffles papers in news anchor style) Cycle Fridays are continuing in the capital this month, encouraging […]
After sliding my credit card into a payment machine and parting with £3 of my hard earned cash the above bike is mine for 24 hours. This may soon be the reality for Londoners and visitors to London alike who wish to explore the city by bike or simply get to work. This is all […]
Update Initial reports seem positive: “The first cycle Friday has gone really well. We were targeting around 25 new riders per ride and we were pleased with the support. There were two rides of 24 people from Brixton, and the Greenwich ride saw a similar turnout.” Cycle Fridays is the newest initiative by Transport for […]
Lucy from Oxfam e-mailed me about this yesterday and it is easily one of the coolest ideas I have heard of. The best part is its happening right here in London. The climate change film Age of Stupid is being shown on Thursday the 6th of August at Laban Dance College (Directions). The aim of […]
Asda, one of the UK’s largest supermarkets, now boldly claims to have the UK’s cheapest bike. However, a Guardian newspaper review is less than complementary. It compares the riding experience to going to the cinema and having someone kick the back of your seat all the way though the film. The list of flaws are […]
This post is hot off the heels of a recent survey I have been running (You still have a chance to leave your opinion here) that so far shows that a lot of people want me to keep everyone up to date on London cycling news. I’ll keep this post brief as I am at […]
In less than a year cyclists in London will be able to cycle along the first two cycle superhighways. Their aim is to provide a safe and direct route into the city centre to cyclists. Is this a major cycling revolution or is it just a normal bike lane with a lick of blue paint […]
Inspired by Treadly and Me’s speedlinking this is the start of a monthly series where I roundup blog and news headlines that have been of interest. Cycling in London is up, but do we have Boris to thank? Sold out summer of cycling – an indepth review of the Boris cycling initiatives by Boris Watch […]
The latest tube strike, which is due to last 48 hours, is causing delays to London commuters’ routine journeys. Businesses are losing out on trade, Maritime and Transport union is getting much flack and in general people are not too happy. However, there is more to this than the predictable chance for newspapers to throw […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Cycling for those with poor eyesight 22/04/2014
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- anon: Another option is Orthokeratology....
- mtv video music awards 2014: What's up colleagues, іts fantastic post гegard...
- cL0h: I use a regular light too. Specifically I us a fen...
- Sharon: Hi Caroline, Please let me know where you had your...
- Caroline: Spencer I also had extreme astigmatism and could n...
- Vincent: > My glasses are quite close fitting to my face...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now