Free bicycle health check at Lunar Cycles

Free bicycle health check

Hanry from Lunar Cycles (a bike shop I’ve previously described as perhaps my favourite in London) is offering 200 free bicycle health checks for London Cyclist readers. All you have to do is “like” their Facebook page and then head in to the shop.

Lunar Cycles is located in North London, near Kentish Town, so this will mostly appeal to readers there.

As you’ll know from my previous praise of the shop, they really offer an excellent service. They are happy to chat through issues you are having with your bike, they offer solutions and they don’t suggest you just buy an expensive new bike, instead they’ll actually tackle the repair.

If you are not convinced, take a quick look at their reviews on Google Maps. They have a perfect score of 30/30.

Know another excellent bike shop?

I’m keen to feature more of London’s best bike shops. If you know of a bike shop where you’ve received excellent service in the past, I’d love to work with them.

Please leave a comment below.

6 Responses to Free bicycle health check at Lunar Cycles

1. Matti 08/12/2012 at 7:59 pm #

I always take my business to Jozef’s Cycles on Friary Road, Peckham. Small, friendly, speedy service and slightly cheaper than most. Never the condescending attitude found in many other places.

2. Jon 08/12/2012 at 8:33 pm #

Phoenix, in Battersea. Good services and dealers in Bromptons among other classic makes. Lent us a Brompton during the Olympics when the one ordered was slow to arrive

3. Donal 09/12/2012 at 7:52 pm #

I live in the suburbs, so have always gone to the very friendly Surbiton Cycles on the Portsmouth Road. They do the “cycle to work” scheme and very reasonably priced bike services.

4. Dom 10/12/2012 at 10:05 am #

The London Cycle Workshop on St Johns Hill, near Clapham Junction are truly amazing. The staff are all extremely knowledgable and super friendly. They are always more than happy to help out, for example I couldn’t get the pedals off my bike they let me borrow their tool, when I still couldn’t do it I cycled up to them and they replaced my pedals for me! they really do offer fantastic customer service and value their customers and can’t do enough to help.

5. Lunar Cycles 11/12/2012 at 5:34 pm #

Please Call the workshop on 0207 482 1515 before heading down for a health check.
    Thanks and hope to see some of you soon.

6. goonz 29/04/2013 at 10:29 am #

Just want to add my 2pence, had my full service at Lunar on the weekend. Best experience I have had at a bike shop ever. They really know what they are doing there and extremely friendly. Really refreshing to find, and well worth a visit.