Adventure Nomad: Mountain Biking The Hills Of Chiang Dao Chiang Dao is a town just north of Chiang Mai, the second largest city in Thailand. It is a popular place to start mountain biking excursions. Unfortunately, there aren’t any trail maps and so hiring a guide is the best option. Fortunately, our guide, King Saksipong […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
You can get discount in many cycle shops The LCC as well as the CTC website lists many local bike shops that offer discounts if you are a member. These include Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery shops. If you frequently buy a lot of cycling gear then it can be worth joining these groups. Of […]
Have you found yourself a good local bike shop yet? If you haven’t then you don’t know what you’re missing out on. Above is just some of the bits I have picked up recently. When I got to the local bike shop I know the advice I will get and the parts I will be […]
Cycling on the motorway is illegal. Yet, you can’t help but look at the road some times and think that looks appealing. For a start, motorways have a hard shoulder lane that provides about 12 feet of clearance between yourself and the cars. This is far more than any cycle lane. They are often the […]
Some posters from the Art Crank poster show and a hope that it will one day come to London
A big collection of fixed gear and single speed resources including fixie blogs, how to build a fixed gear bike, fixed gear forums, books and video
Bike Shop Girl or Arleigh has recently taken over the running of the very popular commuter blog CommuteByBike.com. Also she runs BikeShopGirl.com which was started to answer some of the cycling questions that women are afraid to ask and are likely to get the wrong answers to. Questions such as what saddle to choose and […]
Poll results to: What kind of facilities does your office offer? It should definitely offer at least these three
Here is a collection of 10 DIY bike projects that you can do in your free time. Includes bike camera mount, wall mount and making your own bike trailer
The Guardian is attempting to convert all of us from being boring old cynics, blabbing on about how much we hate England, to a country full of optimistic patriots in love with where we live. Should the Guardian stop trying to fight the great British tradition for complaining, or could there be a turn around […]
Isn’t it nice when another cyclist rings their bell when they see you? Makes it feel like more of a community right? Well that’s the idea behind Ding Day 2009 when you see another cyclist you ring your bell to say hello. It is happening right here in our wonderful city of London and everyone […]
Flickr mage source “Because I enjoy seeing all the things around me” “Bicycling keeps me in shape” “I like going on bike rides with my boyfriend to socialise” “I hate public transport” “I cycle because going to the gym never really worked for me” “Unlike drivers sitting in traffic inside a car I get a […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- Bike saddles: Choosing the perfect perch 06/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Kate: Mik, you'll be fine esp if you do some lbs group ...
- Rob: Thanks for lots of useful info, which is what foru...
- tom: Hmm... again a very roadie centric article from Lo...
- Dezzer: Do we take the mudgaurds off or leave them on just...
- mez: I too have and love a Brompton Mine is a 2 speed ...
- Justine: What about this? The Velorackr; unique bike rack f...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now