There’s a new gym in Soho taking a refreshing approach to the fitness experience. I was invited to take a look around and have since not stopped singing its praises. Here’s a tour from the perspective of a typical cycle commuter. Leaving your bike safely around London is always a challenge. Therefore, it has always […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
I recently bought myself a second hand fixed gear bike, from the LFGSS forums. My aim was to try out fixed gear riding around London. The steep learning curve Fixed gear bikes are different from the freewheel bikes most of us are used to. Put quite simply, if you stop pedalling on a normal freewheel […]
A recent Tumblr blog I’ve been acquainted to is Man With A Moving Camera. It is curated by James who takes pictures of his discoveries around London during his travels as a bicycle courier. I find London to be an infinitely interesting city and I still stumble across things such as The Giant Plug. The […]
Update: Cloud 9 Cycles have now moved to 38 Store St, London, WC1E 7DB You may recognise this moment. You see a gorgeous unique bike heading the other way and you turn your head almost falling off your bike trying to catch a glimpse of it. You wonder to yourself: When did you turn into […]
ArtCrank! Yes! It’s back! And we need YOU! ARTCRANK London is now accepting artist submissions for our 2011 show. The show will be featuring at Look Mum No Hands! on 19 August for our fantastic second year. If you’re an artist in London and would like to be considered for the show, please send us […]
I was on my way to the Little Greek Pie Company the other day feeling the need for a delicious pie. (I frequently get this need). Time was on my hands so I thought, you know what, I don’t fancy battling it out on the busy roads, I’m going to hit the quiet back streets […]
The free Bicycle Music festival will be returning to Regents Park on the 4th to the 5th of June and will be part of the London Greenfair. Bands will play from 1:00 in the afternoon till 7:00 in the evening with music for all tastes and lots of space to hang around on the grass […]
When TfL announced a victory for cyclists on Wednesday over the Blackfriars Bridge changes few were clapping. Encouraged by the LCC, The iBikeLondon blog and Cyclists in the City (as well as tweets on the London Cyclist twitter!) a protest was organised for 8.30am on Blackfriars Bridge. It appears the turnout at the Blackfriars Bridge […]
Pedalling into work your experience may vary. Perhaps you just see busy rush hour traffic in the centre of London or maybe you have gorgeous views of the countryside and interesting sights such as the Lots Road Power Station. One thing is for sure, there must be some interesting sights on your commute! London Cyclist […]
By Summer 2011 two new Cycle Superhighways will be crossing through London. I wanted to see how they were coming along so I posed the question on Twitter.. @suspectpackage cs8, painted the road blue a bit, wouldn’t call it progress though, just back from Holland http://yfrog.com/h87rnvrsj @ianbar33 CS8 getting on but surface not good between […]
There’s no shortage of charity cycling events. All for excellent causes (insert plug for our current London Cyclist Sponsor – Capital to Coast here) and many of my friends have picked this year to do running events such as half marathons. I want to know are you taking part in any charity rides this year […]
When I asked for advice on things to do in San Francisco there was one suggestion that repeatedly cropped up. I put it at the top of my list of things to do and I wasn’t going to miss it for the world. Or, in this case, I wasn’t going to miss it on account […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 10 local London bike shops 13/03/2015
- How a cyclist sees London 09/03/2015
- 3 odd changes to make your next bike ride safer than the last 05/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- peta rose: Driving home along Southend on Sea sea front last ...
- mark: i think i have the answer to the oh so obvious dan...
- Eoghan: I've started using one of these, cost about £40 ...
- Esther: Any ideas for storing a tricycle?...
- sowerbob: and all I use daily is my brompton which is inside...
- sowerbob: I did the same thing on the cheap in my garage. £...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now