ArtCrank! Yes! It’s back! And we need YOU! ARTCRANK London is now accepting artist submissions for our 2011 show. The show will be featuring at Look Mum No Hands! on 19 August for our fantastic second year. If you’re an artist in London and would like to be considered for the show, please send us […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
I was on my way to the Little Greek Pie Company the other day feeling the need for a delicious pie. (I frequently get this need). Time was on my hands so I thought, you know what, I don’t fancy battling it out on the busy roads, I’m going to hit the quiet back streets […]
The free Bicycle Music festival will be returning to Regents Park on the 4th to the 5th of June and will be part of the London Greenfair. Bands will play from 1:00 in the afternoon till 7:00 in the evening with music for all tastes and lots of space to hang around on the grass […]
When TfL announced a victory for cyclists on Wednesday over the Blackfriars Bridge changes few were clapping. Encouraged by the LCC, The iBikeLondon blog and Cyclists in the City (as well as tweets on the London Cyclist twitter!) a protest was organised for 8.30am on Blackfriars Bridge. It appears the turnout at the Blackfriars Bridge […]
Pedalling into work your experience may vary. Perhaps you just see busy rush hour traffic in the centre of London or maybe you have gorgeous views of the countryside and interesting sights such as the Lots Road Power Station. One thing is for sure, there must be some interesting sights on your commute! London Cyclist […]
By Summer 2011 two new Cycle Superhighways will be crossing through London. I wanted to see how they were coming along so I posed the question on Twitter.. @suspectpackage cs8, painted the road blue a bit, wouldn’t call it progress though, just back from Holland http://yfrog.com/h87rnvrsj @ianbar33 CS8 getting on but surface not good between […]
There’s no shortage of charity cycling events. All for excellent causes (insert plug for our current London Cyclist Sponsor – Capital to Coast here) and many of my friends have picked this year to do running events such as half marathons. I want to know are you taking part in any charity rides this year […]
When I asked for advice on things to do in San Francisco there was one suggestion that repeatedly cropped up. I put it at the top of my list of things to do and I wasn’t going to miss it for the world. Or, in this case, I wasn’t going to miss it on account […]
Recently in an email to London Cyclist: What is the best bike shop in London? Depends on your flavour.. A bike shop that can build you a custom bike depending on your requirements: Cloud 9 Cycles and Foffa Bikes A bike shop that will show you all the latest dutch style gear: Velorution or Bobbin […]
It’s interesting to watch people take that first plunge into cycling and immensely pleasing to hear about how much they enjoyed it. Recently, I’ve been quite excited as my friend will be joining the cycling ranks. His move to a different part of London means he will no longer be walking distance from work. Hence, […]
In this weeks comment Friday I want to talk bags! How do you go about getting the bits you need into work. Whether that be a laptop, a change of clothes or any other items you keep in your bag. After my brief brush with panniers, I’m currently relying on a messenger bag. My choice […]
When you get a puncture and you start repairing it on the side of the road it’s always a little heart warming when someone stops to offer assistance. A reader recently shared this experience: I have been visiting your site for more than a few months now and really enjoy your articles but was wondering […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Why you should watch the Cyclocross in Milton Keynes on Saturday 26/11/2014
- How not to use bike lights 26/11/2014
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- David Cohen: For commuting, I started to move away from battery...
- John rawlins: I use a flashing headlamp - especially useful for ...
- Chris: Snap! :)...
- Chris: Worse still are people who insist on having nuclea...
- Richard: If you have a really bright light, please don't u...
- Ian Franklin: Replay 1080XD good footage, unobtrusive 100 min ru...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets