The free Bicycle Music festival will be returning to Regents Park on the 4th to the 5th of June and will be part of the London Greenfair. Bands will play from 1:00 in the afternoon till 7:00 in the evening with music for all tastes and lots of space to hang around on the grass […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
When TfL announced a victory for cyclists on Wednesday over the Blackfriars Bridge changes few were clapping. Encouraged by the LCC, The iBikeLondon blog and Cyclists in the City (as well as tweets on the London Cyclist twitter!) a protest was organised for 8.30am on Blackfriars Bridge. It appears the turnout at the Blackfriars Bridge […]
Pedalling into work your experience may vary. Perhaps you just see busy rush hour traffic in the centre of London or maybe you have gorgeous views of the countryside and interesting sights such as the Lots Road Power Station. One thing is for sure, there must be some interesting sights on your commute! London Cyclist […]
By Summer 2011 two new Cycle Superhighways will be crossing through London. I wanted to see how they were coming along so I posed the question on Twitter.. @suspectpackage cs8, painted the road blue a bit, wouldn’t call it progress though, just back from Holland http://yfrog.com/h87rnvrsj @ianbar33 CS8 getting on but surface not good between […]
There’s no shortage of charity cycling events. All for excellent causes (insert plug for our current London Cyclist Sponsor – Capital to Coast here) and many of my friends have picked this year to do running events such as half marathons. I want to know are you taking part in any charity rides this year […]
When I asked for advice on things to do in San Francisco there was one suggestion that repeatedly cropped up. I put it at the top of my list of things to do and I wasn’t going to miss it for the world. Or, in this case, I wasn’t going to miss it on account […]
Recently in an email to London Cyclist: What is the best bike shop in London? Depends on your flavour.. A bike shop that can build you a custom bike depending on your requirements: Cloud 9 Cycles and Foffa Bikes A bike shop that will show you all the latest dutch style gear: Velorution or Bobbin […]
It’s interesting to watch people take that first plunge into cycling and immensely pleasing to hear about how much they enjoyed it. Recently, I’ve been quite excited as my friend will be joining the cycling ranks. His move to a different part of London means he will no longer be walking distance from work. Hence, […]
In this weeks comment Friday I want to talk bags! How do you go about getting the bits you need into work. Whether that be a laptop, a change of clothes or any other items you keep in your bag. After my brief brush with panniers, I’m currently relying on a messenger bag. My choice […]
When you get a puncture and you start repairing it on the side of the road it’s always a little heart warming when someone stops to offer assistance. A reader recently shared this experience: I have been visiting your site for more than a few months now and really enjoy your articles but was wondering […]
Post by Nicole of Bike Thoughts From A Broad Last week I mentioned something called the ‘Mary Poppins Effect’. (LovelyBicycle first mentions it here.) This is a syndrome encountered only, in my limited observation, by women (or those dressed as women) while riding a bicycle and it means that traffics treat you differently while looking […]
“The Nightrider is a fantastic event. It’s more than a cycle ride; it’s an experience that lets you see the capital city in a completely new light. Cycling over Tower Bridge at 1.30am and then back over Waterloo Bridge as the sun rose are memories that will stay with me forever and I would encourage […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- texas pneumatic air movers: Moreover, the boat maker is amongst the most diver...
- Lauren: I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probabl...
- Celebrity dress up laura Marano: While being fashionable, several brides prefer a f...
- dunnage do box elder bugs bite: Trade transmission oil just about every 500 hours ...
- filthyfranchise27.jimdo.com: Hey there are using Wordpress for your blog platfo...
- Barney: No advice I'm afraid, but I'm curious to know wh...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets