If you want to mingle with fellow cyclists, improve your fitness or just head out on long rides then a cycling club is a good option. Finding the right one isn’t the easiest thing, but the British Cycling Club finder is a good place to start. Another great way to find a good one is […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
Inside a converted double decker bus in East London resides the Bicycle Library. From the bus you can borrow one of seven different types of bikes. These are: Folding MiniVelo FixGearSingleSpeed (FGSS) LadiesCoaster MensCoaster Cargo Electric You can then either test this bike out around the circuit or, with a deposit, ride it away for […]
With news of the scheme expanding east and west, love stories on Boris Bikes and news of how cycle hire schemes saves lives… you can’t help but ask: How are you getting along now, with the cycle hire scheme? There was plenty of fuss in the beginning about overcharges, cards not working and docking problems. […]
There’s been a lot of huffing and puffing by cycling bloggers, campaigners and politicians recently over TfL’s road layout plans for Blackfriars Bridge. But try as they collectively might, they cannot blow over the new plans. TfL is sticking to its guns. Like a dictator, clinging on to their seat of power. However, I for […]
I’m a little late off the mark with this one as I’ve been away for a week. However, it is worth reporting on. Following the first year of successful operation and the completion of more than 6 million journeys on Boris Bikes, the announcement has arrived the scheme is to expand west. This will cover […]
A few full moons past I received a nice email from Susi, a cycling blogger in New York, who runs Velojoy. She wanted to meet up so I can dish the dirt on cycling in London. In the picture on the right you can see the obligatory stance you have to take when meeting a […]
There’s a new gym in Soho taking a refreshing approach to the fitness experience. I was invited to take a look around and have since not stopped singing its praises. Here’s a tour from the perspective of a typical cycle commuter. Leaving your bike safely around London is always a challenge. Therefore, it has always […]
I recently bought myself a second hand fixed gear bike, from the LFGSS forums. My aim was to try out fixed gear riding around London. The steep learning curve Fixed gear bikes are different from the freewheel bikes most of us are used to. Put quite simply, if you stop pedalling on a normal freewheel […]
A recent Tumblr blog I’ve been acquainted to is Man With A Moving Camera. It is curated by James who takes pictures of his discoveries around London during his travels as a bicycle courier. I find London to be an infinitely interesting city and I still stumble across things such as The Giant Plug. The […]
Update: Cloud 9 Cycles have now moved to 38 Store St, London, WC1E 7DB You may recognise this moment. You see a gorgeous unique bike heading the other way and you turn your head almost falling off your bike trying to catch a glimpse of it. You wonder to yourself: When did you turn into […]
ArtCrank! Yes! It’s back! And we need YOU! ARTCRANK London is now accepting artist submissions for our 2011 show. The show will be featuring at Look Mum No Hands! on 19 August for our fantastic second year. If you’re an artist in London and would like to be considered for the show, please send us […]
I was on my way to the Little Greek Pie Company the other day feeling the need for a delicious pie. (I frequently get this need). Time was on my hands so I thought, you know what, I don’t fancy battling it out on the busy roads, I’m going to hit the quiet back streets […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- MITIE London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- Choosing road tyres for autumn and winter 16/10/2014
- 5 of the best bike locks 10/10/2014
- 5 Smart clipless pedal friendly shoes for women 07/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Claire: Rob, London is not the world. Even in the UK, ther...
- RobertLee: Hey,That's a really nice post! Thanks for sharing...
- Mark: thanks i have found windows movie maker now - very...
- Nancy Blum: In NYC it's best to use 2 locks...because it take...
- Roger: The delights of cycling in winter are many: You...
- Andreas: Hey Mark - sorry I didn't see your reply sooner -...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now