As the nights draw in and the days get shorter, there’s no doubt in the minds of cyclists all over London that winter is on its way, and summer is a distant memory. For cyclists, this means many things, including re-familiarising yourself with the on button for your bike lights and digging out your cold […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
It’s a very British stereotype to start by talking about the weather. However – it’s also unavoidable when we live in a country where the weather plays tricks on us. A typical autumn day might begin with fog and a slightly dampening mist, giving way to bright shining sun, which soon disappears to be replaced […]
What is the best bike light? I hear you ask! To answer, let’s take a look at 5 of the most innovative, best selling bike lights. I’ll list them in order of entry level (highly affordable) to high end (plan a bank heist to buy one). Raleigh Led Front & Rear bike lights At […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. An article in last week’s Guardian looked at the thorny issue of women’s cycle clothing, arguing that: “Endless frills and florals may encourage women to be less assertive riders. It’s time the industry took a more unisex approach.” One company that’s already taking more of a unisex approach […]
Here’s a question I received from a London Cyclist reader: Last year I followed my usual policy of riding fairly deep into winter, except for unusually wet or snowy weather, then woosing out and commuting by train. The reason for this was that I don’t have “proper” cycling gear, just a few bike shirts and […]
Have you ever had a bike stolen? I have and I’m sure most London Cyclist readers will have as well. Cycle in London for long enough and it’s an unfortunate probability, that you will one day be a victim of bike theft. That’s why I highly recommend bicycle insurance. Cyclists don’t help their probabilities however […]
Commuting in 30 degrees plus heat has, for the most part, been a pleasure – especially given how long and cold winter was, and particularly, as colleagues have been complaining about the tube being hotter than the legal maximum temperature in which you are allowed to transport cattle. But a downside is the fact that, […]
Summertime madness is here and of course it is the perfect time to see London by bike. Here is a roundup of some fun summer cycling accessories for you. Wine bottle holder for your bicycle Who wouldn’t want this wine bottle holder? It suggests elegance, fun and a willingness to get a little bit tipsy […]
I’m currently visiting Medellin in Colombia and I can’t help but think what a joy it would be to rent a nice bike for a day and explore the hills and nooks and crannies of this beautiful city. Currently, I have to rely on local bike shops that often rent out clunky, badly maintained bikes. […]
The Guardian’s Peter Walker recently posted an excellent video of bike carriers in action. I wanted to share the video here and roundup some of the options mentioned that are available to cyclists. You can wait until your kids are old enough to hop on their own little tyke bike, or you can start earlier […]
While cycling the streets of London there is plenty to keep you distracted: honking motorists, distracted pedestrians, traffic lights and slovenly cyclists. On a long bike ride, it could be nice to be able to listen to some music or the radio. Ah, if only there was some safe way to allow the avid cyclist […]
Whether you’re an experienced cyclist or new to it all, it’s easy to get caught up in the notion that if you ride a bike, you have to wear lycra. On my commute to work each day I tend to see people dressed one of two ways: either head to toe in lycra, or in […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- darren trotman: Тhis text іs worth everyone's attention. How ca...
- weight loss prescription Hcg: Metabolic syndrome is a combination of high blood ...
- geoff: Hi John, a useful message and something of a wake-...
- Sylvester: If you decide you approve our comment, I will deli...
- จักรยานปั่นออกกำลังกาย: With havin so much written content do you ever r...
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpd1ahqxcqw: Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets