Not too long ago, we wrote a piece explaining the benefits of wearing a cycling jersey. The quality material, close (non-flapping) material and handy inner-tube friendly pockets will all help you on a ride. However, we understand that not everyone wants to resemble their Tour de France idols. Brands know that some of us like […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
I recently came across a colleague on the way to work, who usually rides a pretty nice BMC road bike. However, the road bike had been replaced with a green and yellow Brompton. Lycra was swapped for jeans and the handle-bar chewing replaced with a relaxed lean-back style of riding that was entirely out of character. […]
I don’t know if you know this, but on London Cyclist we’ve got a bit of thing for chatting about smartphones and bikes: iPhone apps for cyclists Using GPS on your Android or iPhone Tigra iPhone 5 bike mount Cycling apps for Android Up until very recently, we even sold iPhone bike mounts in our eShop. […]
If you’re going to be spending a fair amount of time in the saddle, a good pair of cycling shorts will definitely make a big difference to your comfort. While lycra on the bike is not a ‘must have’, it’s a popular choice because the tight, figure hugging material won’t bunch and cause chafing, and it […]
Not every road cycling woman needs a female specific bike, but a great many would benefit from one. In general, a woman’s leg to torso ratio is different to a man’s – usually women will have longer legs and a shorter torso. They also have narrower shoulders, smaller hands, and wider hip bones. A female […]
A new friend recently sent me a message: “Hey Andreas – you run London Cyclist right? Can you recommend me a road bike for under £1000?” It’s a good question. There is a dazzling amount of choice available. The £999.99 price point is particularly competitive, as it qualifies under the governments cycle-to-work scheme. If you have that kind […]
A week doesn’t go by without someone contacting me to promote their bike related Kickstarter. Where I can, I oblige. An area that really excites me, is bike locks. I’d like to be able to: Unlock my bike with my phone Receive an alert if someone tampers with my lock Share my bike with my friends, without having to […]
How would you feel if you never had to use a key again when you unlocked your bike? That’s the dream behind the light, sexy, flexible, soft to the touch; Knog Party Combo bike lock. Knog were kind enough to send one to London Cyclist HQ for a review, so we’ve put it through its paces. […]
Bib shorts are not necessarily just the attire of Tour de France riders, they’ve become more popular among commuters, tourers and road cyclists. The DHB brand is sold exclusively by Wiggle, and we regularly review their products as they tend to be of a strong standard and at the same time remaining affordable. What’s the point? […]
Riding to work is a pleasure in the summer – but as the sun starts to show its face more often, making its presence known a little more forcefully, commutes can get a little sweaty. The backpack is a popular approach to carrying kit on a commute, but for those who ride to work in […]
Fly6 was created with the ambition of ensuring drivers know that they are being watched and recorded – in the hope that this would cause them to act responsibly. And of course, in the event they don’t, they are on camera. The practice of riding with a camera on the helmet or handlebars has become […]
Merino jerseys are much talked about amongst cyclists and for good reason – they are great at keeping you warm and great for keeping you cool, too. They’re also very comfortable, lightweight and versatile. The Vulpine Merino Button Jersey is a jersey that all of these points certainly apply to. Vulpine has become a brand that […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 17 local London bike shops – offer ended! 13/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Tony: Now that cycle lamps can compete with car headlamp...
- Creager: Forgot to mention: GooglePlay rating - 4.6. 1-5mil...
- Vivek: As in today's market, technology also play an imp...
- Lanterne Rouge: You can save Google maps for offline use. Search ...
- Jeremy Curlew-Fisher: See.Sense lights! I can't rate them highly enough...
- Colin: It's got to be Sparse lamps - cool as anything an...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now