Handlebar grips are often not given much thought. You just get a pair with your bike and get on with it. That’s pretty much what I did for two years. Then I suddenly started noticing horrible black material on my hands and poor grip on the bike. I realised the handlebars were in dire need […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
If you’ve ever wanted to carry a suit into work without getting it ludicrously crumpled you’ve probably ended up just taking the tube, a bus or going by car. This new bag by Slicks is here to make it possible to cycle to work with a suit, trousers and shoes sat comfortably in your bag. […]
A good bike pump is essential for a cyclist. Riding with correctly inflated tyres not only produces a faster ride with smoother handling but it also helps prevent punctures. As bike tyres can lose up to 10 PSI per week a good bike pump is a worthy accessory to add to your arsenal. In this […]
Hi there, First of all, amazing blog, I read it almost every day, and I love all the comments from other cyclist as well. Very well done, and well presented. I have recently started cycling for my daily commuting (even though at the moment, I am more trying to find a good route to use […]
Whether it is for safety purposes on your commute or recording some extreme mountain bike downhill action, helmet cameras are getting popular amongst cyclists. The good news is, most of them don’t have as much of a heart attack inducing price tag as you might think. See also: How a pro uses a helmet camera […]
Some people laugh when they hear the words “puncture proof tyres” but then they probably haven’t tried these two tyres. Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the tyre of choice for the tough bikes used in the hire scheme in France – could it help you on your bike? Punctures are an annoying part of a cyclists […]
If when you cycle home in the rain you are worried water is creeping into your bag and destroying your £600 laptop and making your lunch time cheese, ham with a little bit of onion sandwich soggy then you may want to consider a waterproof cycling bag. These cycling bags are designed to keep the […]
What are the 3 things to look for when buying a bicycle helmet and also which helmet does Lance wear?
Most people already have the perfect device for tracking their cycling and following great cycling routes. Their mobile phone. The only problem is the majority of the time they just leave it in their pockets and don’t think about it until they get a call reminding them to pickup some milk on the way home. […]
I’m unsure if Topeak are trying to go down some kind of iPod style marketing route with their Topeak Race Rocket colours but I think it works really well. The Topeak is in some ways the iPod of the Mini Pump world. Measuring just 19cm long this is the perfect little pump to pop into […]
I’ve shown the iPhone a lot of love previously here on London Cyclist for the simple reason that it is the phone I use. However, when I released my Bike Doctor application, there was a ton of emails asking me about if there would be an Android version. So I figure it’s about time I […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 novelty jerseys for your cycling wardrobe 01/09/2014
- Mountain biking in Devon’s Haldon Forest 01/09/2014
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- קידום אתרים לעסקים קטנים: Unquestionably consider that that you said. Your ...
- Laura: I was cycling along Gresham Street, just round the...
- doglover: Arno - there is a big difference between 0.5 inche...
- Marcus: It's not that simple as parts from different grou...
- Marcus: Evans sounds expensive, I'm looking at a brand ne...
- Marcus: I had a Halfords Apollo for £65, lasted 8 and a h...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists