The sun is shining on my back when suddenly I hear a beep – my Garmin 705 is delivering its next set of instructions. Written on the screen is turn left at the roundabout with a big arrow making things simple. I’m riding on the outskirts of London following a beautiful ride and I barely […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
These often-forgotten pieces of kit are really bothering me at the moment. Having three bikes that I use regularly, each with a different pedal set-up, I’m finding it difficult to find a happy compromise between comfort, stability and power. Standard Bike Pedals My commuter bike had the pedals that came with it, some black plastic […]
The DHB Minima is a lightweight jacket designed to be thrown in your bag and forgotten about until it starts to rain. It solves two problems all cyclists face: Staying dry and knowing what to pack in the morning. Here is my review. The Minima jacket comes in both a Male and Female version. I’ve […]
Thank goodness there are less than 30 days to go until the start of British Summer Time but even when the clocks go back, we still have a good few weeks cycling before the light nights enable us to cycle home without our lights. As you all know, I’m not a fan of wearing high […]
Grab your iPhone and strap it to your handlebars. Suddenly, you’ve got GPS navigation and a bike computer all for the price of a bike mount. I’ve been a big advocate for this for a while and even wrote a piece about it for Cycling Plus magazine. The only problem with the bike mount I […]
The Knog Gekko lights stand out in a bike shop. Simple packaging and design – but how do they perform?
Using your iPhone while on your bike is great if you are out cycling on a great route and want to follow the map. The following three mounts all work but which one is the best choice?
For a long time I resisted the urge to buy a bike stand. Eventually, I relented. A few weeks later I realised I had missed one that perhaps would have suited me better for simple jobs. Whilst there is no doubt that the one I chose does exactly what it should, the one thing it […]
So you’ve thought about getting a helmet camera to record your cycling for safety/fun but you are not yet sure how to go about it or if it’s for you. Fortunately, I’ve asked helmet camera pro Gaz (I’m sure he won’t like being referred to as that!) to talk about which helmet camera he recommends […]
This is a guest review by Jamie of Lock Your Bike As much as I dislike cycling in torrential rain, I dislike public transport more. As our summer came and went and the heavens began to open more and more frequently, I decided it was time to invest in some gear to stay dry. A […]
Just before my last post on the subject of winter gloves revisited, I had a period of enforced no-cycling because of Christmas and as a result ended up on eBay, as one does. A midnight frenzy ensued and I became the proud owner of a vintage Raleigh Wisp, which I’ve spent the last few days […]
Want to know one of the most searched for items this time of the year? Winter cycling gloves. If you manage to wake up from your huge Turkey Christmas dinner induced coma and look out the window you’ll understand why. On my hunt for winter cycling glove nirvana, that magical moment when your hands are […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Vulpine Men’s Cotton Rain Trousers Review 30/09/2014
- 4 of the best backpacks for commuters 30/09/2014
- Road bikes: to Disc brake or not to disc brake? 30/09/2014
- New MiCycle opens in East London offering cyclists a bike wash 24/09/2014
- Going Dutch for a bike ride around London 24/09/2014
- Cycling caps – why would you wear one, how to wear one, and where to get one 24/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Olufemi: Pashley?...
- Gavin: I use one of these http://www.ewetsuits.com/ac...
- Gaz: From an mtb perspective, Hydraulic disc brakes req...
- noel: Fully agree, Adam!...
- worx leaf shredder: There is definately a great deal to learn about th...
- Kennym: I have hydraulic disc brakes on my commuter bike a...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists