When most people think about buying a pair of bike lights they’ll usually head straight for the nearest pack of Cateye lights. However, they’ll be missing out on some pretty innovative benefits of the Knog lights. I recently bought a pair of Knog Strobes and was sent a rear Knog Skink to test for London […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
Recently when cycling from Camden to a cinema on Finchley Road there was a huge downpour. One of those where you feel like you are standing under a very powerful shower! Or like you’re under attack from a mob of super soaker carrying youths. Fortunately I had come completely unprepared. The result was arriving at […]
A London Cyclist reader recently got in touch to tell me about her watery eyes during the cold winter cycling. I wanted to share the solution here in-case anyone else was facing the same issue. The reader tried two things. The first was a moisturiser from the chemist for beneath the eyes. This made little […]
It’s always good to do little informal surveys on Twitter. You find out what setups fellow cyclists are using. As visibility and the short days are on people’s minds I asked what bike lights everyone is currently relying on. cyclegaz front. Hope vision1 and magicshine mj-808. Rear. Magicshine mj-818, Blackburn mars 4.0 and 2x fibre […]
Visibility is something that a lot of cyclists take very seriously. No doubt the image of a car not spotting you in the dark is a scary one. One company that has jumped on this need is Proviz. They’re providing a range of reflective cycling gear. They recently got in touch and offered a couple […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When the weather isn’t quite cold enough for a full cycling jacket but you’re not […]
Handlebar grips are often not given much thought. You just get a pair with your bike and get on with it. That’s pretty much what I did for two years. Then I suddenly started noticing horrible black material on my hands and poor grip on the bike. I realised the handlebars were in dire need […]
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
If you’ve ever wanted to carry a suit into work without getting it ludicrously crumpled you’ve probably ended up just taking the tube, a bus or going by car. This new bag by Slicks is here to make it possible to cycle to work with a suit, trousers and shoes sat comfortably in your bag. […]
A good bike pump is essential for a cyclist. Riding with correctly inflated tyres not only produces a faster ride with smoother handling but it also helps prevent punctures. As bike tyres can lose up to 10 PSI per week a good bike pump is a worthy accessory to add to your arsenal. In this […]
Hi there, First of all, amazing blog, I read it almost every day, and I love all the comments from other cyclist as well. Very well done, and well presented. I have recently started cycling for my daily commuting (even though at the moment, I am more trying to find a good route to use […]
Whether it is for safety purposes on your commute or recording some extreme mountain bike downhill action, helmet cameras are getting popular amongst cyclists. The good news is, most of them don’t have as much of a heart attack inducing price tag as you might think. See also: How a pro uses a helmet camera […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- GPS bike locks 30/07/2014
- Knog Party Combo bike lock review 29/07/2014
- Shipping your bike 28/07/2014
- 3 things I prefer about cycling in Austin, Texas 27/07/2014
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- professional moving company: What i don't understood is in truth how you are n...
- Owen Billcliffe: I like the use of tech in those locks, although I ...
- best gaming Router 2014: For the benefit of creating an useful product comp...
- freeform varifocals ltd.com: Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored at work so I d...
- Craig: Hi Laurie, Your post was over 2 years ago so th...
- Debra Storr: I had a car pull out of a side road and clip the r...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists