For a long time I resisted the urge to buy a bike stand. Eventually, I relented. A few weeks later I realised I had missed one that perhaps would have suited me better for simple jobs. Whilst there is no doubt that the one I chose does exactly what it should, the one thing it […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
So you’ve thought about getting a helmet camera to record your cycling for safety/fun but you are not yet sure how to go about it or if it’s for you. Fortunately, I’ve asked helmet camera pro Gaz (I’m sure he won’t like being referred to as that!) to talk about which helmet camera he recommends […]
This is a guest review by Jamie of Lock Your Bike As much as I dislike cycling in torrential rain, I dislike public transport more. As our summer came and went and the heavens began to open more and more frequently, I decided it was time to invest in some gear to stay dry. A […]
Just before my last post on the subject of winter gloves revisited, I had a period of enforced no-cycling because of Christmas and as a result ended up on eBay, as one does. A midnight frenzy ensued and I became the proud owner of a vintage Raleigh Wisp, which I’ve spent the last few days […]
Want to know one of the most searched for items this time of the year? Winter cycling gloves. If you manage to wake up from your huge Turkey Christmas dinner induced coma and look out the window you’ll understand why. On my hunt for winter cycling glove nirvana, that magical moment when your hands are […]
When most people think about buying a pair of bike lights they’ll usually head straight for the nearest pack of Cateye lights. However, they’ll be missing out on some pretty innovative benefits of the Knog lights. I recently bought a pair of Knog Strobes and was sent a rear Knog Skink to test for London […]
Recently when cycling from Camden to a cinema on Finchley Road there was a huge downpour. One of those where you feel like you are standing under a very powerful shower! Or like you’re under attack from a mob of super soaker carrying youths. Fortunately I had come completely unprepared. The result was arriving at […]
A London Cyclist reader recently got in touch to tell me about her watery eyes during the cold winter cycling. I wanted to share the solution here in-case anyone else was facing the same issue. The reader tried two things. The first was a moisturiser from the chemist for beneath the eyes. This made little […]
It’s always good to do little informal surveys on Twitter. You find out what setups fellow cyclists are using. As visibility and the short days are on people’s minds I asked what bike lights everyone is currently relying on. cyclegaz front. Hope vision1 and magicshine mj-808. Rear. Magicshine mj-818, Blackburn mars 4.0 and 2x fibre […]
Visibility is something that a lot of cyclists take very seriously. No doubt the image of a car not spotting you in the dark is a scary one. One company that has jumped on this need is Proviz. They’re providing a range of reflective cycling gear. They recently got in touch and offered a couple […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When the weather isn’t quite cold enough for a full cycling jacket but you’re not […]
Handlebar grips are often not given much thought. You just get a pair with your bike and get on with it. That’s pretty much what I did for two years. Then I suddenly started noticing horrible black material on my hands and poor grip on the bike. I realised the handlebars were in dire need […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- jual online lingerie: I'm lookin to make a lil extra money and would li...
- AJ: You've not mentioned the Dynamic chainless foldin...
- Chris: I spent just over a year combining a Tern Joe and ...
- Monika Fisher: GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your shit...
- Wicked Uncle Keith: My 1984 Peugeot, All Campy-equipped Mont Cenis is ...
- Ben Thorp: No mention of Strida?!?...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now