A London Cyclist reader recently got in touch to tell me about her watery eyes during the cold winter cycling. I wanted to share the solution here in-case anyone else was facing the same issue. The reader tried two things. The first was a moisturiser from the chemist for beneath the eyes. This made little […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
It’s always good to do little informal surveys on Twitter. You find out what setups fellow cyclists are using. As visibility and the short days are on people’s minds I asked what bike lights everyone is currently relying on. cyclegaz front. Hope vision1 and magicshine mj-808. Rear. Magicshine mj-818, Blackburn mars 4.0 and 2x fibre […]
Visibility is something that a lot of cyclists take very seriously. No doubt the image of a car not spotting you in the dark is a scary one. One company that has jumped on this need is Proviz. They’re providing a range of reflective cycling gear. They recently got in touch and offered a couple […]
You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When the weather isn’t quite cold enough for a full cycling jacket but you’re not […]
Handlebar grips are often not given much thought. You just get a pair with your bike and get on with it. That’s pretty much what I did for two years. Then I suddenly started noticing horrible black material on my hands and poor grip on the bike. I realised the handlebars were in dire need […]
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
If you’ve ever wanted to carry a suit into work without getting it ludicrously crumpled you’ve probably ended up just taking the tube, a bus or going by car. This new bag by Slicks is here to make it possible to cycle to work with a suit, trousers and shoes sat comfortably in your bag. […]
A good bike pump is essential for a cyclist. Riding with correctly inflated tyres not only produces a faster ride with smoother handling but it also helps prevent punctures. As bike tyres can lose up to 10 PSI per week a good bike pump is a worthy accessory to add to your arsenal. In this […]
Hi there, First of all, amazing blog, I read it almost every day, and I love all the comments from other cyclist as well. Very well done, and well presented. I have recently started cycling for my daily commuting (even though at the moment, I am more trying to find a good route to use […]
Whether it is for safety purposes on your commute or recording some extreme mountain bike downhill action, helmet cameras are getting popular amongst cyclists. The good news is, most of them don’t have as much of a heart attack inducing price tag as you might think. See also: How a pro uses a helmet camera […]
Some people laugh when they hear the words “puncture proof tyres” but then they probably haven’t tried these two tyres. Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the tyre of choice for the tough bikes used in the hire scheme in France – could it help you on your bike? Punctures are an annoying part of a cyclists […]
If when you cycle home in the rain you are worried water is creeping into your bag and destroying your £600 laptop and making your lunch time cheese, ham with a little bit of onion sandwich soggy then you may want to consider a waterproof cycling bag. These cycling bags are designed to keep the […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- MJ Ray: So why not just fit a hub gear wheel to your singl...
- จักรยานพับได้: Buyers favor evaluating rates of different electri...
- Andrew Hagen: Hi Beaver & Bart - we have found that in some ...
- David: I'm having to do away with my singlespeed as it'...
- mairead: This is the first sensible article on how to ride ...
- Mrs janet groves: - can't wait to hear how some cyclists get around...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists