As I recently discovered, safely transporting your bike on an airplane can be tricky. The bike I used for that trip was a 10 year old much abused Marin Hybrid Bike. But let’s say I was transporting a two or three thousand pound prized road bike. I wouldn’t exactly want to wrap it in a […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
Just a quick post today in case you are doing any shopping over the Jubilee Weekend at Chain Reaction Cycles. The voucher codes are always changing for this site and some of the other popular online cycle shops so I’m going to try and keep this post updated with the latest ones. If you hear […]
A couple of readers have recently been in touch to recommend bicycle mirrors. I’ve spotted these on the odd occasion around London so I thought it would be a good time to roundup some of the best ones. Bicycle mirrors are useful for being aware of your surroundings. That taxi driver driving too close to […]
Strong bike safety starts with a good bike lock (we recommend the Kryptonite New York 3000). However, even the strongest of locks can be beaten by determined thieves. So what can you do to recover your bike if it is stolen? A device a thief will never find The answer may lie in GPS devices. […]
Even a well vented helmet gets pretty warm as the temperatures rise. A new product called Airhead Cool Spray promises to cool you right back down. You use the little bottle to apply a few sprays to your scalp at the start of your bike ride which takes a few seconds. It is designed to […]
Provoked by the hosepipe ban, in the past 30 days we’ve seen the skies opening and unleashing their rainy fury on London’s cyclists. In response, I’ve been testing out the DHB Sync Waterproof Jacket (59.99 Wiggle). The ultimate solution for the worst weather that can be thrown at a cyclist. Let’s get one thing clear, […]
Post by Katy Beveridge What’s amazing about these base layers is just how fast they dry. You can pelt it downthe path on the sweatiest of rides and be quite confident in the knowledge that you aren’t going to have to sit shivering in a soggy top for half an hour after your done. Rapha’s […]
When the weather decides to throw a curve ball like today, it’s easy to get caught out on your bike and get absolutely soaked on the cycle home. This is when you discover that cycling jacket you are wearing is definitely water resistant as opposed to water proof. Cycling home with wet legs The one […]
I’ve never been a big fan of riding with SPD pedals in London. Having to clip in and out at all the traffic lights and whenever I have to quickly come to a halt just doesn’t feel that safe. Plus, they are not usually that great for walking around in and they make me look […]
Personally, I’ll wear anything to cycle in. From my normal every day clothes to Lycra and every once in a while I’ll even ride completely naked. Lately however, you probably were not too surprised to hear about jeans specifically designed for cyclists. After all, just because you ride a bike, you don’t necessarily want to […]
Post by Katy Beveridge I don’t often get excited about bike clothes. That’s to say they’re often bought with a sense of begrudging necessity. Bike clothes, especially for women, still find it hard to know where they stand with us. I almost gagged the other day in a rather trendy bike shop on Upper Street […]
When you are out riding your bike you tend to need quick access to a few key bits. Such as money, sunglasses multitool, mobile and keys. The Tri Bag mounts quickly to the handlebars so you can easily reach what you need. The bag is reasonably priced at £15.92 on Amazon. At that price a […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- darren trotman: Тhis text іs worth everyone's attention. How ca...
- weight loss prescription Hcg: Metabolic syndrome is a combination of high blood ...
- geoff: Hi John, a useful message and something of a wake-...
- Sylvester: If you decide you approve our comment, I will deli...
- จักรยานปั่นออกกำลังกาย: With havin so much written content do you ever r...
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpd1ahqxcqw: Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now