Shopping trips are often a pain on the bike. Panniers are undoubtedly useful, but the rest of the time they feel clunky to me. Therefore, I often rely on a large gym bag strapped over my shoulder. When full of shopping, its large diameter makes it difficult to cycle. Until recently, it was the best […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
It’s fate. Just as my Knog Skink LED Rear Light decided it no longer wished to serve me, and packed up, leaving me riding home with my front light on the rear of the bike, Knog got in touch with me about the Knog Blinder 4V. Would I like to test it out? I certainly […]
Taking off to Newquay last weekend to see how my balance translates from a bicycle on to a surfboard, I was particularly excited about one item I was taking with me. Bicycle, is a new book by illustrator Ugo Gattoni. For the cycling enthusiast, it is nothing short of a visual feast. The experience of […]
Review by Katy Beveridge. Also by Katy: Rapha Women’s Softshell Jacket review Rapha Merino Wool Base Layer Review Women’s Merino Jersey Review This bit of kit is has been an absolute lifesaver during this rather glum Summer. Perfect for all weather, the high quality merino wool keeps you warm on chillier days and sweat free […]
When I was invited to be given a sneak preview of the new version of the Tigra BikeCharge, I was intrigued and at the same time fully prepared to be disappointed. Why? I’ll explain in a moment.. The BikeCharge is a £69.95 device that can be fitted to your front wheel. As your wheel spins […]
I’d be interested to see what type of brakes everyone is using on their main bike. Therefore, I’ve put together this quick poll. What type of brake do you use on your main bike? When we’ve got the results, I’ll write up an article on the pro’s and con’s of each type. Feel free to […]
The Topeak Pannier DryBag DX would stand out among any other range of panniers. With the sheer size of it, it comes with certain advantages that put it on a scale of its own. The first thing that is definitely worth noting for anyone considering this as their pannier of choice, is that due to […]
As I recently discovered, safely transporting your bike on an airplane can be tricky. The bike I used for that trip was a 10 year old much abused Marin Hybrid Bike. But let’s say I was transporting a two or three thousand pound prized road bike. I wouldn’t exactly want to wrap it in a […]
Just a quick post today in case you are doing any shopping over the Jubilee Weekend at Chain Reaction Cycles. The voucher codes are always changing for this site and some of the other popular online cycle shops so I’m going to try and keep this post updated with the latest ones. If you hear […]
A couple of readers have recently been in touch to recommend bicycle mirrors. I’ve spotted these on the odd occasion around London so I thought it would be a good time to roundup some of the best ones. Bicycle mirrors are useful for being aware of your surroundings. That taxi driver driving too close to […]
Strong bike safety starts with a good bike lock (we recommend the Kryptonite New York 3000). However, even the strongest of locks can be beaten by determined thieves. So what can you do to recover your bike if it is stolen? A device a thief will never find The answer may lie in GPS devices. […]
Even a well vented helmet gets pretty warm as the temperatures rise. A new product called Airhead Cool Spray promises to cool you right back down. You use the little bottle to apply a few sprays to your scalp at the start of your bike ride which takes a few seconds. It is designed to […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Ali Asghar Khoyee: Tern Verge Duo is great for London - extremely low...
- SteveP: Another Airnimal vote. I bought one used and upgra...
- Dave: Hi Vincent I had a standard Brompton 3 speed h...
- IanB: I have a jango flik which is very well engineered,...
- John H: Recently invested in a Giant Halfway. Lovely buil...
- Adverbios de lugar: Very interesting your blog, I have come through a ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now