A hot topic we covered a while back was jeans for cycling. We mentioned the Rapha, Levis and Muxu jeans. Since then, I’ve been testing out the Rapha and Swrve jeans and now is the time to present you with my findings. The primary difference between cycling jeans and a normal pair of jeans, is […]
Archive | Cycling accessories RSS feed for this section
The POV iPhone case allows you to use your iPhone 4 or 4S as an action camera. For commuters, it’s a good way of using your iPhone to record your cycling. For mountain bikers, you can share any trails you are doing on sites such as YouTube. It can be a useful addition to any […]
Shopping trips are often a pain on the bike. Panniers are undoubtedly useful, but the rest of the time they feel clunky to me. Therefore, I often rely on a large gym bag strapped over my shoulder. When full of shopping, its large diameter makes it difficult to cycle. Until recently, it was the best […]
It’s fate. Just as my Knog Skink LED Rear Light decided it no longer wished to serve me, and packed up, leaving me riding home with my front light on the rear of the bike, Knog got in touch with me about the Knog Blinder 4V. Would I like to test it out? I certainly […]
Taking off to Newquay last weekend to see how my balance translates from a bicycle on to a surfboard, I was particularly excited about one item I was taking with me. Bicycle, is a new book by illustrator Ugo Gattoni. For the cycling enthusiast, it is nothing short of a visual feast. The experience of […]
Review by Katy Beveridge. Also by Katy: Rapha Women’s Softshell Jacket review Rapha Merino Wool Base Layer Review Women’s Merino Jersey Review This bit of kit is has been an absolute lifesaver during this rather glum Summer. Perfect for all weather, the high quality merino wool keeps you warm on chillier days and sweat free […]
When I was invited to be given a sneak preview of the new version of the Tigra BikeCharge, I was intrigued and at the same time fully prepared to be disappointed. Why? I’ll explain in a moment.. The BikeCharge is a £69.95 device that can be fitted to your front wheel. As your wheel spins […]
I’d be interested to see what type of brakes everyone is using on their main bike. Therefore, I’ve put together this quick poll. What type of brake do you use on your main bike? When we’ve got the results, I’ll write up an article on the pro’s and con’s of each type. Feel free to […]
The Topeak Pannier DryBag DX would stand out among any other range of panniers. With the sheer size of it, it comes with certain advantages that put it on a scale of its own. The first thing that is definitely worth noting for anyone considering this as their pannier of choice, is that due to […]
As I recently discovered, safely transporting your bike on an airplane can be tricky. The bike I used for that trip was a 10 year old much abused Marin Hybrid Bike. But let’s say I was transporting a two or three thousand pound prized road bike. I wouldn’t exactly want to wrap it in a […]
Just a quick post today in case you are doing any shopping over the Jubilee Weekend at Chain Reaction Cycles. The voucher codes are always changing for this site and some of the other popular online cycle shops so I’m going to try and keep this post updated with the latest ones. If you hear […]
A couple of readers have recently been in touch to recommend bicycle mirrors. I’ve spotted these on the odd occasion around London so I thought it would be a good time to roundup some of the best ones. Bicycle mirrors are useful for being aware of your surroundings. That taxi driver driving too close to […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- free classified ads: Spectacular web-site. Many valuable data listed he...
- Mervin: However, the optimism still reveals, that the comp...
- Buffalo tax lawyer: This рaragraph is truly a nice one it assists new...
- Www.Myheathrowairporttaxi.Co.Uk: My Heathrow Airport Taxi offers the cheapest quote...
- spray tan solution samples free: "And I can see you - Your brown skin shining in t...
- sao luu data: You are aware of therefore considerably on the sub...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets