Last weekend I visited Copenhagen. I fully expected to return full of gushing praise and write up a post on how Copenhagen is the most brilliant place ever created. Then, I could fill it with great pictures of fashionable cyclists riding around the city. Indeed, there we many things that amazed me. For a start, […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
Its amazing how often I get asked the question: “Where do I rent a bike in London?” If it’s a motorbike then on erento. However, I’m guessing most people are referring to the human powered kind, with two pedals. Unless, you’ve been reading this bike blog for the past 2 years and thought that by […]
Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Keeping your tyres pumped up to the recommended tyre pressure is a great way to prevent punctures. However, it’s often hard to reach the required pressure if you are using only a hand pump. Fortunately, Cyclehoop have been working on installing a limited number of public bike pumps in London. The below map shows you […]
I received this email off Adam recently, the organiser of the Hackney Bicycle Film Society: We have decided that this could be our penultimate show audiences have been dwindling over the last couple of months with only eight coming to the last two shows we think the HBFS is something pretty special and unique but […]
I’m definitely not an urban planning expert. I know this, because my neighbours are studying it and whenever they get in to a heated debate about it, my eyes glaze over. However, on a short bike ride to Covent Garden there are a number of things that as a cyclist, simply don’t make sense to […]
More than 26,000 bicycles were reported stolen to the Metropolitan Police last year, up a third on five years ago, BBC London has learned. That’s bad news and the report does not get any better as you read on: Only 4% of bikes recovered Most people never report a stolen bike so potentially over 100,000 […]
The best bike shops, cycle cafes and events are listed in the Love London section of the London Cyclist Handbook. Today, I wanted to share one of the pages from that section that will appeal to road cyclists. If you are having aches and pains while cycling, then the chances are it is not fitted […]
“Located in the heart of Soho, Rapha’s Cycle Club will be a home for the sport and culture of road cycling, a meeting place for road riders. Along with live screenings of road races and a full calendar of events, the Cycle Club will be an emporium of Rapha clothing and accessories with food, drink […]
Cycling sounds like the perfect way to get to venues when all other modes of transport are going to be bursting at the seams. But just how easy is it going to be for those of us who want to take to two wheels? Let’s start with the good news. The Olympic Delivery Authority has […]
Riding along Cycle Superhighway 3 during the morning rush hour is an unfamiliar experience for the typical London cyclist. The route that connects Barking to Tower Gateway has experienced an 83% increase in cyclists since the first lids of blue paint were popped open. For those used to competing with drivers on busy London roads, […]
A new tyre launched yesterday from Schwalbe with a focus on London. The tyre has been released as a celebration of the London Olympics and the city’s ever increasing love of cycling. As you can see from the picture, I’ve been testing out the Schwalbe Durano Plus ‘London’ tyre (25C) and approve of the reflective […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to obtain CCTV footage after an accident 08/10/2015
- Vulpine rain protection reviewed 07/10/2015
- Preparing for your first French cycle tour 04/10/2015
- Complete guide to safe cycling for cyclists and motorists 30/09/2015
- My eyes! New dhb Flashlight jacket and jerseys reviewed 29/09/2015
- How to cope with 3 panic inducing bike commuter experiences 24/09/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alan: I disagree, it's not just a style point. Not we...
- Phil: Sorry. But they do *grin*...
- Alan Moore: I suppose in theory it could pull you.. although, ...
- Dave: If I'm only using one it goes on to the right sid...
- Richard: Plus 1 for ortlieb. Bomb proof. Ugly as sin of cou...
- Richard Perry: Well I've just done this (October 2015) London to...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists