We all ride for a variety of reasons; for exercise, for fun or for the glory of besting another cyclist in a hard fought race. But a few times a year, cyclists get together for a totally selfless reason. Charity. At London Cyclist we are big proponents of strapping on your gear for a good […]
Archive | Cycling in London RSS feed for this section
Whether you’re a recreational cyclist or a hard-core Fred, you probably like to attend events with fellow cyclists. I’m not just talking about going to the pub with your mates; I’m talking actual events for cyclists. Why would you want to? There’s about a million reasons. From acting on the opportunity to cycle naked to […]
Following the release of Boris Johnson’s plans for the future of cycling in London, Jack Rich takes a bike ride through London in 2026… Leaving the house in the morning, I throw on my coat and scarf and slurp the last of my coffee. Out on the road, my bike computer tells me I’ve allowed […]
In Hackney there are now more bicycle commuters than car commuters. It’s little wonder then, that London Mayor Boris Johnson has recently doubled up on his commitment to create a London fit for cycling. The widely reported headline figure from the recent announcement is £1 billion for cycling over the next 10 years. That’s an […]
Boris Johnson today unveiled inspiring new plans to transform the way Londoners get around. It will see the bicycle moved from the bottom of the pecking order, to take prime position. The full Vision for Cycling can be read here but these are the highlights: A cycling corridor from West London all the way to […]
The Deloitte Ride Across Britain has become one of the biggest bike challenges in the UK. Cyclists can either complete a section of the route, or they can ride the entire 960 miles. It’s a chance to discover the UK from two wheels along a meticulously researched route, with the support of Threshold Sport. The […]
Last week, cycle campaigners up and down the UK, choked on their morning cup of coffee, in sheer shock, as TfL revealed their plans for extending Cycle Superhighway 2. The plans provide a glimpse in to the future of cycling in London. A future that cycle campaigners have been screaming for. It has to be […]
Just don’t tell these guys central London may become a 20mph zone. The City of London has just approved an investigation in to the benefits of applying a 20mph speed limit across the whole of the Square Mile. This follows similar moves by Islington council and Camden council. The idea is that the lower speed […]
Last weekend I visited Copenhagen. I fully expected to return full of gushing praise and write up a post on how Copenhagen is the most brilliant place ever created. Then, I could fill it with great pictures of fashionable cyclists riding around the city. Indeed, there we many things that amazed me. For a start, […]
Its amazing how often I get asked the question: “Where do I rent a bike in London?” If it’s a motorbike then on erento. However, I’m guessing most people are referring to the human powered kind, with two pedals. Unless, you’ve been reading this bike blog for the past 2 years and thought that by […]
Last night I had the pleasure of hearing from Mark Ames of I Bike London fame at one of the Street Talks. His message was simple: Cyclists should no longer just cope, they should hope. It reflects a changing attitude amongst cycle campaigners in the past 12 months. The revolution in cycle campaigning The stereotypical […]
Keeping your tyres pumped up to the recommended tyre pressure is a great way to prevent punctures. However, it’s often hard to reach the required pressure if you are using only a hand pump. Fortunately, Cyclehoop have been working on installing a limited number of public bike pumps in London. The below map shows you […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Har hari: This to the guy who is in the video about locking ...
- Frank Tompson: Above you say 'Let’s start with the Best iPhone...
- JB: I am going to have to stop reading this colum as i...
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists