Occasionally you get abuse hurled at you while on a bicycle and other than the usual “f*****g t**t here are some good quotes that people have heard:
- Whilst riding past a guy one day who just smiled & said “Morning”….. he was crouched down at the side of trail having a dump at the time
- When riding along the river bank one Sunday afternoon in Glasgow Green, I was asked by a young lady if I was “looking for business”
- When cycling along Camden high street in London in the late evening I heard someone shout “Looking for dope? Makes you go faster!”
- “Race you to the top!” by bloke in a wheelchair
- “Do you want a go on my inhaler?” – by old bearded man as I cycled past at snail pace due to the thick mud
- Cycle touring in summer heat, slogging up a hill I heard an approaching car slow down. As it drew level, an ice block was thrust out the window to me with a cheery “this is a present from jesus” (Comment left by: Ola)
Have you heard any great quotes/insults? Leave a comment below or read the comments people have already left
Other posts you may be interested in:
- Great online cycling games
- Top 6 things we cyclists love to do to annoy drivers
- Stupid bike facilities – too ridiculous for words
Image via: Teng Sun Flickr
Join 10,221 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.