Pic by: kate / for me, for you
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to!
Before I jump into this months roundup I wanted to quickly mention that Wiggle online cycle shop have a £10 off £50 and £20 off £100 orders voucher. Unfortunately this ends today (Monday 30th Nov)! I know this will be useful to some doing their Christmas shopping. Details are on the page here.
- Top 10 facts from America Bikes by EcoVelo including “Bicycling and walking make up 10% of all trips made in the U.S., but receive less than 2% of federal transportation funding.”
- 33 reasons to cycle by BikeRadar including look younger
- World’s Top 10 Greatest Cycling Routes though I could name a few more they have missed out. Found this via lukebream
- Huge list of bike quotes including “the bicycle gets the equivalent of 3000 miles per gallon”
- Beauty and the bike a documentary exploring why girls choose not to cycle
- The stupidity of focusing on anti-social cycling is highlighted by the Guardian blog
- The frustation of teaching a kid to ride a bike by Karl
- Danny MacAskill is interviewed in Times after his successful youtube videos
- The perfect commuting bike type poll by Commutebybike
- Bicycle touring pro asked people to describe their worst bicycle crash
- 101 reasons to cycle in London continues and now includes “seeing things” by new London cycling blogger Mark
From London Cyclist
If all goes to plan London Cyclist will have a brand new sexy look in less than 10 days. Alongside with this I will also be starting a newsletter that will provide a weekly roundup of London Cyclist updates and a few more bonuses such as a free eBook. I’ll let you know as soon as all is ready!
I’m very pleased to say November has been a very successful month here on London Cyclist with a record breaking 15 posts and over 100 comments. Thanks everyone! This month also marked the beginning of reviews and I’ve had nothing but positive feedback from you so I’ll be continuing it into next month. I know for certain one of the reviews will be on Alastair Humphrey’s books.
Join 9,241 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.