Bib shorts are not necessarily just the attire of Tour de France riders, they’ve become more popular among commuters, tourers and road cyclists. The DHB brand is sold exclusively by Wiggle, and we regularly review their products as they tend to be of a strong standard and at the same time remaining affordable. What’s the point? […]
Author Archive | Jack
Merino jerseys are much talked about amongst cyclists and for good reason – they are great at keeping you warm and great for keeping you cool, too. They’re also very comfortable, lightweight and versatile. The Vulpine Merino Button Jersey is a jersey that all of these points certainly apply to. Vulpine has become a brand that […]
With a baby on the way, it recently came to my realisation that the spare room is no longer going to be ‘spare’ – and as such can no longer be deemed a room for me to keep my bike and all paraphernalia. While there are a range of fancy indoor bicycle storage options, I […]
Christmas may have come and gone but the nights continue to be long and dark and, as cyclists, that means that a good set of lights is essential. While in London we really only need lights ‘to be seen’ rather than to see where we are going, for those of us who like to spend […]
Being seen when you’re cycling has always been important, and as we move further and further into winter the importance of a good pair of bike lights cannot be underestimated. With that in mind, we bring you probably the brightest bike light I’ve ever seen – the Knog Blinder. Considering the number of cyclists that […]
When we reviewed the Endura Urban Range back in July, we mentioned that there was a leather glove available as part of the range. We hadn’t tried it out though – because it was July, hot and we were enjoying the feeling – which is rare in this country – that you get when you […]
Case Logic are a well known brand when it comes to making laptop sleeves and carriers, and we’ve been putting one of their latest products through the mill on the bike as well. Messenger bags – or at least the sort used by couriers through London – are pretty sizeable things, and they need to […]
Timbuk2 bags review There is no brand so synonymous with messenger bags as Timbuk2, and the original San Francisco company have a wide array of bags – not just messenger – on the market. We’ve put two of them to the test. Classic Messenger bag review Visit Timbuk2’s website and you’ll see that […]
As the nights draw in and the days get shorter, there’s no doubt in the minds of cyclists all over London that winter is on its way, and summer is a distant memory. For cyclists, this means many things, including re-familiarising yourself with the on button for your bike lights and digging out your cold […]
While many cyclists are completely devoted to their cleats on whatever bike, I ride with cleats when I’m out cycling for leisure, but when I’m commuting I tend to wear normal trainers. There are a number of reasons for this: when commuting in London, my route (unsurprisingly) has a fair amount of traffic lights, meaning […]
Commuting in 30 degrees plus heat has, for the most part, been a pleasure – especially given how long and cold winter was, and particularly, as colleagues have been complaining about the tube being hotter than the legal maximum temperature in which you are allowed to transport cattle. But a downside is the fact that, […]
Whether you’re an experienced cyclist or new to it all, it’s easy to get caught up in the notion that if you ride a bike, you have to wear lycra. On my commute to work each day I tend to see people dressed one of two ways: either head to toe in lycra, or in […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- Bike lights definitive guide 02/02/2016
- Coboc electric bike review 02/02/2016
- What to look for in a second hand bike 29/01/2016
- Knog Blinder MOB Review 28/01/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[[[ Looks like the motor cuts out as you hit ...
- Antony Marcou: I do a lot of European travel for work and would l...
- Andy ZE: At that price [point] I would want better welding....
- Fern: i bought a knog blinder 4 led a few years back and...
- Warekiwi: I ride a three wheel machine- a Quest velomobile. ...
- Jean: Blimey, how much?...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets