The latest figures show a 71% increase in bike thefts in parts of London so I thought I should revisit some bike lock safety tips. Make sure you don’t leave your bike anywhere without following these tips. It is best to take 2 minutes to read these tips rather than have your bike end up […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Isn’t it nice when another cyclist rings their bell when they see you? Makes it feel like more of a community right? Well that’s the idea behind Ding Day 2009 when you see another cyclist you ring your bell to say hello. It is happening right here in our wonderful city of London and everyone […]
After sliding my credit card into a payment machine and parting with £3 of my hard earned cash the above bike is mine for 24 hours. This may soon be the reality for Londoners and visitors to London alike who wish to explore the city by bike or simply get to work. This is all […]
Update Initial reports seem positive: “The first cycle Friday has gone really well. We were targeting around 25 new riders per ride and we were pleased with the support. There were two rides of 24 people from Brixton, and the Greenwich ride saw a similar turnout.” Cycle Fridays is the newest initiative by Transport for […]
Flickr mage source “Because I enjoy seeing all the things around me” “Bicycling keeps me in shape” “I like going on bike rides with my boyfriend to socialise” “I hate public transport” “I cycle because going to the gym never really worked for me” “Unlike drivers sitting in traffic inside a car I get a […]
Here is a collection of high quality bike posters that was requested by Jose who emailed me asking where is a good place to buy cycling posters.
Lucy from Oxfam e-mailed me about this yesterday and it is easily one of the coolest ideas I have heard of. The best part is its happening right here in London. The climate change film Age of Stupid is being shown on Thursday the 6th of August at Laban Dance College (Directions). The aim of […]
I recently asked you what type of post you wanted on London Cyclist. Well the surprising results are in.. Before I dive into the results I was impressed with the number of you that voted – so many thanks to everyone that did, I really appreciate you helping to shape the future of this site. […]
Asda, one of the UK’s largest supermarkets, now boldly claims to have the UK’s cheapest bike. However, a Guardian newspaper review is less than complementary. It compares the riding experience to going to the cinema and having someone kick the back of your seat all the way though the film. The list of flaws are […]
I really enjoyed Fat Cyclist’s (3rd in our Top 50 bike blogs list) post with his morning routine for getting out of the door and onto the bike. So I thought I would share my experience: 8.30 Wake up to the sweet melodies of my favourite Bloc Party song that has since been ruined due […]
This post is hot off the heels of a recent survey I have been running (You still have a chance to leave your opinion here) that so far shows that a lot of people want me to keep everyone up to date on London cycling news. I’ll keep this post brief as I am at […]
It seems reasonable to me that I should be writing about things that you guys want to hear about. Therefore I have put together this very quick poll that it would be hugely helpful to me if you could contribute to. What would you like to see more of?polling If the poll does not show […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- Bike lights definitive guide 02/02/2016
- Coboc electric bike review 02/02/2016
- What to look for in a second hand bike 29/01/2016
- Knog Blinder MOB Review 28/01/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- jhon roadbiker: Hi there. Interesting things to share that few day...
- Dave: How can I be sure it's not dazzling people?. Beca...
- Paresh: Well 18 months on, days before a court date, the d...
- Cazzy: Aldi do a lobster glove very cheap at around £8.0...
- Sorry Head: Hi John, I really can't believe what I'm readin...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[[[ Looks like the motor cuts out as you hit ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now