Darren recently got in touch with me to tell me about his latest project: 21Bikes. He is trying to build a big directory of pictures with people and their bikes.
Author Archive | Andreas
You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, a pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including in a policeman’s helmet and cyclists cannot cycle down one-way streets. All very silly laws and all actually still exist. But of all those, the third may be about to change. (more…)
How to go cycling in one of the most remote parts of the UK. This is part of the breaking out of London series where we encourage London’s cyclists to get out there and explore more beautiful parts of the country.
What I’ve been reading is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! London Cycling News (Shuffles papers in news anchor style) Cycle Fridays are continuing in the capital this month, encouraging […]
How to cycle all the way to London along the Grand Union Canal from Birmingham
How would you like to cycle across a lake? Or cycle at 60km/hour with the power of the wind? What about taking a more leisurely approach to cycling and lying down while you cycle? All of these are possibilities in the following five bicycle designs that we could one day see next to the Trek […]
The latest figures show a 71% increase in bike thefts in parts of London so I thought I should revisit some bike lock safety tips. Make sure you don’t leave your bike anywhere without following these tips. It is best to take 2 minutes to read these tips rather than have your bike end up […]
Isn’t it nice when another cyclist rings their bell when they see you? Makes it feel like more of a community right? Well that’s the idea behind Ding Day 2009 when you see another cyclist you ring your bell to say hello. It is happening right here in our wonderful city of London and everyone […]
After sliding my credit card into a payment machine and parting with £3 of my hard earned cash the above bike is mine for 24 hours. This may soon be the reality for Londoners and visitors to London alike who wish to explore the city by bike or simply get to work. This is all […]
Update Initial reports seem positive: “The first cycle Friday has gone really well. We were targeting around 25 new riders per ride and we were pleased with the support. There were two rides of 24 people from Brixton, and the Greenwich ride saw a similar turnout.” Cycle Fridays is the newest initiative by Transport for […]
Flickr mage source “Because I enjoy seeing all the things around me” “Bicycling keeps me in shape” “I like going on bike rides with my boyfriend to socialise” “I hate public transport” “I cycle because going to the gym never really worked for me” “Unlike drivers sitting in traffic inside a car I get a […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- Sticking to resolutions: Taking up cycling, or cycling more in 2015 30/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Phil: I remember riding a Strida back in 1990; very unst...
- Mike: As a car driver I am always considerate to all oth...
- Andy: A very short wheelbase with very narrow bars, sadd...
- Peter: The blurb on the Strida site says "Real cool ap...
- yeeha: I tried with Nokia Lumia, I couldn't find the App...
- andy: Wow. Zombie thread revival. Will check that out, c...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now