What annoys you as a cyclist? Is it the n00b things other cyclists do? Is it getting wolf whistled at and having men trying to look up your skirt while you cycle? Is it the dogs that attack you as you try to get from a to b? Or perhaps for you its the cars […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Picture this: you are cycling along on your bike and you can hear funny noises coming near the chain. As you are wondering what is going on you come to an intersection and need to slow down. You hit the brakes and you hear a terrible sound like metal grinding on the bike wheel. After […]
In less than a year cyclists in London will be able to cycle along the first two cycle superhighways. Their aim is to provide a safe and direct route into the city centre to cyclists. Is this a major cycling revolution or is it just a normal bike lane with a lick of blue paint […]
Inspired by Treadly and Me’s speedlinking this is the start of a monthly series where I roundup blog and news headlines that have been of interest. Cycling in London is up, but do we have Boris to thank? Sold out summer of cycling – an indepth review of the Boris cycling initiatives by Boris Watch […]
After 4 vaccination jabs, 17 hours on a plane, 3 in-flight meals, 6 forms confirming I don’t have swine flu, 8 hours sleeping on a floor and one angry visa control officer I found myself in Vietnam. The first thing that I encounter is absolute mayhem. The streets in Hanoi are nothing like I would […]
I’m off travelling! Until the end of June I will be in Vietnam and then Cambodia. Its a great trip that I have really been looking forward to. Though I will miss this blog and you guys – I may even hop on a bike while I’m out there. In the mean time enjoy Bike […]
The latest tube strike, which is due to last 48 hours, is causing delays to London commuters’ routine journeys. Businesses are losing out on trade, Maritime and Transport union is getting much flack and in general people are not too happy. However, there is more to this than the predictable chance for newspapers to throw […]
There are lots of great cycling apps out there and it can feel overwhelming about which one to choose. Here I take you through them all and which ones I recommend the most.
Save some money on your bicycle repairs by taking a look at these books. Find out which one is the best for beginners, intermediate and advanced cyclists
This list shows a collection of the best cycle blogs in the world ranked on various factors. I hope it helps you discover something new.
We have covered some of London’s adverts encouraging people to cycle before but there is a new campaign by M&S Saatchi, the agency in charge of parts of the TfL account. It encourages people to rediscover their bike to enjoy London. For all 4 posters see: Campaign Live. It is interesting to see the adverts […]
[ad#ad-9] My good friend Ed Barrow that I met whilst studying at Aston University just completed an impressive cycle challenge for JDRF. I thought I should share his ride report for inspiration/laughter. Ed would still appreciate any donations and you can give any amount at: http://www.justgiving.com/edbarrow 6:45, alarm goes off. Not a great start to […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Cycling for those with poor eyesight 22/04/2014
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- cL0h: I use a regular light too. Specifically I us a fen...
- Jeff_Thomson!: I think I have suffered a lot due to my inability ...
- Joellen: Hurrah! Finally I got a webpage from where I be ...
- Caroline: Spencer I also had extreme astigmatism and could n...
- ross: As for folding pedals MKS FD-7 are great, i put th...
- James B: Managed the 72 miles in just under 23 hours, arriv...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets