The latest tube strike, which is due to last 48 hours, is causing delays to London commuters’ routine journeys. Businesses are losing out on trade, Maritime and Transport union is getting much flack and in general people are not too happy. However, there is more to this than the predictable chance for newspapers to throw […]
Author Archive | Andreas
There are lots of great cycling apps out there and it can feel overwhelming about which one to choose. Here I take you through them all and which ones I recommend the most.
Save some money on your bicycle repairs by taking a look at these books. Find out which one is the best for beginners, intermediate and advanced cyclists
This list shows a collection of the best cycle blogs in the world ranked on various factors. I hope it helps you discover something new.
We have covered some of London’s adverts encouraging people to cycle before but there is a new campaign by M&S Saatchi, the agency in charge of parts of the TfL account. It encourages people to rediscover their bike to enjoy London. For all 4 posters see: Campaign Live. It is interesting to see the adverts […]
[ad#ad-9] My good friend Ed Barrow that I met whilst studying at Aston University just completed an impressive cycle challenge for JDRF. I thought I should share his ride report for inspiration/laughter. Ed would still appreciate any donations and you can give any amount at: http://www.justgiving.com/edbarrow 6:45, alarm goes off. Not a great start to […]
How to steal a bike from David Cameron: Lift it off the 3ft bollard it is chained to and walk away with it If above step fails, bring a pair of pliers and break the chain off The above criminal mastermind guide of “how to steal a bike” has been well used on the Conservative […]
The London Cycle Hire scheme is well underway and the Guardian even has a low-res picture of some of the proposed locations. No doubt more information will be out soon from TFL. So far what we know: Over 6000 bicycles 400 sites to pick them up Plans for each docking station to only be around […]
Arriving at work sweaty and having to change from cycling gear to office attire is one of the problems with bike commuting. If your lucky, your office will have a place to shower and if your unlucky you will be left with that horrible sticky feeling all day. Electric powered motor bicycles may be one […]
You may be one of those cyclists that dabbles in long distance cycling. Maybe you like challenges. Maybe you like folding bikes. Maybe, just maybe, you like Paris. They do make exceedingly good baguettes. Or maybe you have read a book about a French man and his amazing baguette. Maybe I’m rambling! The 9th of […]
After cycling what is the next best form of exercise? For me its definitely skiing! I had the most incredible time in Tignes in France. The weather was clear, the snow amazing and in 5 days of skiing I must have covered over 150 miles. The highlights for me: the 24 hour coach journey we […]
The only thing stranding between you and and riding away with a gorgeous new bike is the expensive price tag. In this article I will outline the rules of negotiating that will ensure you get a good deal. Rule #1 Realise you are in power In turbulent times when people are saving money, every sale […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andreas: Probably the most roadie comment I've ever read o...
- Andreas: When I first saw the picture of the map - I though...
- Andreas: I must admit, when I've encountered a horse on th...
- Andreas: In what way do you mean Matt? We can only give a t...
- Nick: A bell can spook horses - it is not a noise they a...
- MarkC: Ian, Where do your Sunday club rides usually leave...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets