So the big news that has been making the rounds is the rise in the number of cyclist deaths: (more…)
Author Archive | Andreas
Huge open spaces, vivid green valleys and tiny villages. Small meandering rivers and traffic free routes. There is plenty for the eye to feast on in the Peak District. Of course with all the inviting country pubs, the eye is definitely not the only thing that will be feasting.
A recent storm arose on Twitter after @LDN, definitely a member of the London Twitterati, provided a link to the Sorry Mate I didn’t See You (SMIDSY) database for cyclists to report bad drivers. (more…)
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! (more…)
Only 25 MPs currently back stopping Boris from closing the HGV inspection unit – how you can easily help..
Well, I never really planned to go down the activist route with this blog but I guess sometimes its too important to ignore. If you don’t live in the UK you can pretty much ignore the rest of this update! (more…)
So last week I asked you to tell me your commuting or cycling story for the chance to win £50 worth of Wiggle vouchers. I was absolutely amazed by the responses. I really enjoyed reading about the different ways people got into their cycling, some of their funniest moments and why they do it. Some […]
Here is a useful tool for you! Sometimes after having an accident your memory can be a bit hazy of it. This new useful tool is here to solve that problem by helping you draw out the crash scene so you can provide it to the police or insurance company. (more…)
The Bike Song video from YouTube
The Cycle to Work scheme which has helped many cyclists get serious discounts off their new bikes and accessories is today getting another boost. Companies both public and private are being encouraged to sign up to provide: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them Good quality changing and locker […]
A short celebration of the *nearly* two years of London Cyclist!
While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- How to stay safe when cycling around potholes 11/11/2014
- 8 moments all us cycle commuters have felt 06/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Hugo: Hi there, recently I start to use Finn (http://get...
- Ashwin: What bicycle repair needs to bring the prices down...
- Ashwin: Bike repair and maintenance is a cartel job in the...
- David Cohen: Ditto, pretty much to the word, re cleaning one's...
- Andreas: Ouch - that sounds extreme Beth. I must admit, I a...
- Andreas: Don't be hard on yourself - I'm not too proud to...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets