This post is hot off the heels of a recent survey I have been running (You still have a chance to leave your opinion here) that so far shows that a lot of people want me to keep everyone up to date on London cycling news. I’ll keep this post brief as I am at […]
Author Archive | Andreas
It seems reasonable to me that I should be writing about things that you guys want to hear about. Therefore I have put together this very quick poll that it would be hugely helpful to me if you could contribute to. What would you like to see more of?polling If the poll does not show […]
What annoys you as a cyclist? Is it the n00b things other cyclists do? Is it getting wolf whistled at and having men trying to look up your skirt while you cycle? Is it the dogs that attack you as you try to get from a to b? Or perhaps for you its the cars […]
Picture this: you are cycling along on your bike and you can hear funny noises coming near the chain. As you are wondering what is going on you come to an intersection and need to slow down. You hit the brakes and you hear a terrible sound like metal grinding on the bike wheel. After […]
In less than a year cyclists in London will be able to cycle along the first two cycle superhighways. Their aim is to provide a safe and direct route into the city centre to cyclists. Is this a major cycling revolution or is it just a normal bike lane with a lick of blue paint […]
Inspired by Treadly and Me’s speedlinking this is the start of a monthly series where I roundup blog and news headlines that have been of interest. Cycling in London is up, but do we have Boris to thank? Sold out summer of cycling – an indepth review of the Boris cycling initiatives by Boris Watch […]
After 4 vaccination jabs, 17 hours on a plane, 3 in-flight meals, 6 forms confirming I don’t have swine flu, 8 hours sleeping on a floor and one angry visa control officer I found myself in Vietnam. The first thing that I encounter is absolute mayhem. The streets in Hanoi are nothing like I would […]
I’m off travelling! Until the end of June I will be in Vietnam and then Cambodia. Its a great trip that I have really been looking forward to. Though I will miss this blog and you guys – I may even hop on a bike while I’m out there. In the mean time enjoy Bike […]
The latest tube strike, which is due to last 48 hours, is causing delays to London commuters’ routine journeys. Businesses are losing out on trade, Maritime and Transport union is getting much flack and in general people are not too happy. However, there is more to this than the predictable chance for newspapers to throw […]
There are lots of great cycling apps out there and it can feel overwhelming about which one to choose. Here I take you through them all and which ones I recommend the most.
Save some money on your bicycle repairs by taking a look at these books. Find out which one is the best for beginners, intermediate and advanced cyclists
This list shows a collection of the best cycle blogs in the world ranked on various factors. I hope it helps you discover something new.
Join 8,231 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- I would cycle but it’s…. 28/11/2013
- Knog Blinder Road Light review 25/11/2013
- Endura Gridlock II Women’s Waterproof Jacket review 21/11/2013
- The five best things about winter riding 20/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- CycleMiles: Some great suggestions London Cyclist. The Team Sk...
- Mik: > I read once that there is no such thing as ba...
- Shantell: To take the most Alli weight loss pill, combine it...
- Andreas: Yep, have a quick look on Google Play or Amazon st...
- Shades: Refresh all the batteries in your lights. You'l...
- Dave B: Working in journal publishing I see this all the t...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists