A look at Darren Alffs eBook the Bicycle Travellers Blueprint, its contents and what led me to want to go on a bike tour this year
Author Archive | Andreas
2009 is coming to an end and what a year it has been. Traffic to London Cyclist blog is up by 2,830.35% compared to 2008. With an impressive figure like that I thought it would be a good time to take a look at what you guys have been reading. I think you will be […]
Merry Christmas from London Cyclist Blog I’m already back at home putting my feet up, enjoying the Christmas tree and looking forward to tomorrows huge dinner that is certain to send me on a very nice two hour sleep. Hope you are having a similarly great time. Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year with […]
Some recommendations of good winter cycling gloves by my Twitter followers and my personal opinion. Also some good tips for keeping hands warm during winter whilst cycling.
Image by: Andrew Novell I’ve been wanting to try this on London Cyclist Blog for a long time but have been a little scared. However, the time now seems good as I can see that a lot of you are starting to participate in the blog. In the past week alone we have had 57 […]
What do you do when you’re coming up to a red traffic light? Do you just stop where you are? Do you work your way to the front of the traffic? Do you track stand to be ready when the light turns green? Do you race through orange lights or stop? I wanted to share […]
You can get discount in many cycle shops The LCC as well as the CTC website lists many local bike shops that offer discounts if you are a member. These include Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery shops. If you frequently buy a lot of cycling gear then it can be worth joining these groups. Of […]
Helping my cousin choose a folding bike by taking a look at some of the entry level models available and deciding which one is the best
TfL has today revealed the pricing details of the new cycle hire scheme that is due to be launched next summer. The good news is the first 30 minutes hire-time will be free.
This lock is good for two things. Knocking people out and securing bikes. I’m very glad to say I’m only planning on using it for the latter. Review includes a comparison of the different locks and a final opinion as to whether I’m happy with the purchase.
Ever so often a bike needs a bit of love to be kept running smoothly and to keep providing a comfortable ride free of annoying noises. So recently I got myself down to the local bike shop and picked up: New lock New chain New brake cables New brake pads New chain cleaning tool Well, […]
Despite having had a very bad nights sleep I’m very excited about having moved house yesterday into Swiss Cottage. Of course, as anyone who has moved house before will know, I was feeling a bit nervous. This was mainly because I had not yet seen the house I was minutes away from moving into so […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- AS: Hi Higgs, Can you share the route you found please...
- Mik: I won't go up the inside of a lorry, of course, s...
- Brad: So this evening I left my house and as soon as I c...
- the5mile Cyclist: Great article. Ahead of tomorrows Cycle to Work...
- Cameron: Ah Boris Bikes, the gateway drug which helped redi...
- Nobody: I ride and have ridden a bicycle in London on a nu...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets