Question 1: Do you like bikes? Question 2: Do you think a new bike lane would be a good idea? Question 3: Are you gay?
Author Archive | Andreas
I asked on Twitter for some good cycling book recommendations and I got some fantastic ideas off people. Here’s a list of the ones I will be reading
A thorough review of the Bicio GoRide including a short video and plenty of pictures
Some posters from the Art Crank poster show and a hope that it will one day come to London
A big collection of fixed gear and single speed resources including fixie blogs, how to build a fixed gear bike, fixed gear forums, books and video
So the big news that has been making the rounds is the rise in the number of cyclist deaths: (more…)
Huge open spaces, vivid green valleys and tiny villages. Small meandering rivers and traffic free routes. There is plenty for the eye to feast on in the Peak District. Of course with all the inviting country pubs, the eye is definitely not the only thing that will be feasting.
A recent storm arose on Twitter after @LDN, definitely a member of the London Twitterati, provided a link to the Sorry Mate I didn’t See You (SMIDSY) database for cyclists to report bad drivers. (more…)
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! (more…)
Only 25 MPs currently back stopping Boris from closing the HGV inspection unit – how you can easily help..
Well, I never really planned to go down the activist route with this blog but I guess sometimes its too important to ignore. If you don’t live in the UK you can pretty much ignore the rest of this update! (more…)
So last week I asked you to tell me your commuting or cycling story for the chance to win £50 worth of Wiggle vouchers. I was absolutely amazed by the responses. I really enjoyed reading about the different ways people got into their cycling, some of their funniest moments and why they do it. Some […]
Here is a useful tool for you! Sometimes after having an accident your memory can be a bit hazy of it. This new useful tool is here to solve that problem by helping you draw out the crash scene so you can provide it to the police or insurance company. (more…)
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 common bike maintenance mistakes to avoid 29/01/2015
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andrew Russell: A spoke tightener in the wrong hands is a dangerou...
- lapsa: I was told that it is better to lube chain by indi...
- Rick Gregory: Good article as usual Michelle. However under 3. -...
- Alan Moore: Did anyone see this on Dragons Den? The owner hope...
- Fran: I think this vest is pure genius!! my daughter is ...
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now