Well, I never really planned to go down the activist route with this blog but I guess sometimes its too important to ignore. If you don’t live in the UK you can pretty much ignore the rest of this update! (more…)
Author Archive | Andreas
Only 25 MPs currently back stopping Boris from closing the HGV inspection unit – how you can easily help..
So last week I asked you to tell me your commuting or cycling story for the chance to win £50 worth of Wiggle vouchers. I was absolutely amazed by the responses. I really enjoyed reading about the different ways people got into their cycling, some of their funniest moments and why they do it. Some […]
Here is a useful tool for you! Sometimes after having an accident your memory can be a bit hazy of it. This new useful tool is here to solve that problem by helping you draw out the crash scene so you can provide it to the police or insurance company. (more…)
The Bike Song video from YouTube
The Cycle to Work scheme which has helped many cyclists get serious discounts off their new bikes and accessories is today getting another boost. Companies both public and private are being encouraged to sign up to provide: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them Good quality changing and locker […]
A short celebration of the *nearly* two years of London Cyclist!
While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
All jokes aside, there is some great cycling to be had in the UK and all you need to know is how to find it and plan your route. By the end of reading this article all your friends will be praising you for being the organised one.
Cycling socks and overshoes help keep your feet warm and dry. Here are some good ones
Interesting look at people’s different commuting stories and what they thought of them
Bike Shop Girl or Arleigh has recently taken over the running of the very popular commuter blog CommuteByBike.com. Also she runs BikeShopGirl.com which was started to answer some of the cycling questions that women are afraid to ask and are likely to get the wrong answers to. Questions such as what saddle to choose and […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- Choosing road tyres for autumn and winter 16/10/2014
- 5 of the best bike locks 10/10/2014
- 5 Smart clipless pedal friendly shoes for women 07/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Phil: Cold weather gives me a bit more of an incentive t...
- Claire: Rob, London is not the world. Even in the UK, ther...
- Mark: thanks i have found windows movie maker now - very...
- Nancy Blum: In NYC it's best to use 2 locks...because it take...
- Roger: The delights of cycling in winter are many: You...
- Andreas: Hey Mark - sorry I didn't see your reply sooner -...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now