The Cycle to Work scheme which has helped many cyclists get serious discounts off their new bikes and accessories is today getting another boost. Companies both public and private are being encouraged to sign up to provide: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them Good quality changing and locker […]
Author Archive | Andreas
A short celebration of the *nearly* two years of London Cyclist!
While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
All jokes aside, there is some great cycling to be had in the UK and all you need to know is how to find it and plan your route. By the end of reading this article all your friends will be praising you for being the organised one.
Cycling socks and overshoes help keep your feet warm and dry. Here are some good ones
Interesting look at people’s different commuting stories and what they thought of them
Bike Shop Girl or Arleigh has recently taken over the running of the very popular commuter blog CommuteByBike.com. Also she runs BikeShopGirl.com which was started to answer some of the cycling questions that women are afraid to ask and are likely to get the wrong answers to. Questions such as what saddle to choose and […]
How to get into the correct winter cycling mindset so you can keep cycling throughout the cold weather
Poll results to: What kind of facilities does your office offer? It should definitely offer at least these three
A look at the Mayors London Transport Plan and how it falls short of serving cyclists with only a 5% target of modal share
The peak district is already one of the nicest parts of the country you can cycle round and this is set to improve with a £1.25 million cash injection from Cycling England.
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Michael Henry: Very interesting! I added this to my own blog and...
- Jessica Drake: I don't know what it is about our area - the cycl...
- Eddie: I wish more horse riders were like you Jessica. :)...
- Vincent: Matt > Mudguards are a waste of time in my opin...
- Jessica Drake: Yes I suppose there are good and bad cyclists and ...
- Jessica Drake: I wish the cyclists round my way were like the cyc...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now