Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to!
Author Archive | Andreas
Only 25 MPs currently back stopping Boris from closing the HGV inspection unit – how you can easily help..
Well, I never really planned to go down the activist route with this blog but I guess sometimes its too important to ignore. If you don’t live in the UK you can pretty much ignore the rest of this update!
So last week I asked you to tell me your commuting or cycling story for the chance to win £50 worth of Wiggle vouchers. I was absolutely amazed by the responses. I really enjoyed reading about the different ways people got into their cycling, some of their funniest moments and why they do it. Some […]
Here is a useful tool for you! Sometimes after having an accident your memory can be a bit hazy of it. This new useful tool is here to solve that problem by helping you draw out the crash scene so you can provide it to the police or insurance company.
The Bike Song video from YouTube
The Cycle to Work scheme which has helped many cyclists get serious discounts off their new bikes and accessories is today getting another boost. Companies both public and private are being encouraged to sign up to provide: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them Good quality changing and locker […]
A short celebration of the *nearly* two years of London Cyclist!
While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
All jokes aside, there is some great cycling to be had in the UK and all you need to know is how to find it and plan your route. By the end of reading this article all your friends will be praising you for being the organised one.
Cycling socks and overshoes help keep your feet warm and dry. Here are some good ones
Interesting look at people’s different commuting stories and what they thought of them
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Urban Cycles: Hey Abdreas, I think I'll happily leave others to...
- Ricky: Simple solution when leaving your bike to go to th...
- lose weight now ask me how: When some one searches for his necessary thing, th...
- Kieren: "GPX Reader" on Android seems the best for me so...
- David Bates: If it's something fun and different you want to t...
- Carolyn: You missed out the pedelec.... I ride one and it'...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets