TfL has today revealed the pricing details of the new cycle hire scheme that is due to be launched next summer. The good news is the first 30 minutes hire-time will be free.
Author Archive | Andreas
This lock is good for two things. Knocking people out and securing bikes. I’m very glad to say I’m only planning on using it for the latter. Review includes a comparison of the different locks and a final opinion as to whether I’m happy with the purchase.
Ever so often a bike needs a bit of love to be kept running smoothly and to keep providing a comfortable ride free of annoying noises. So recently I got myself down to the local bike shop and picked up: New lock New chain New brake cables New brake pads New chain cleaning tool Well, […]
Despite having had a very bad nights sleep I’m very excited about having moved house yesterday into Swiss Cottage. Of course, as anyone who has moved house before will know, I was feeling a bit nervous. This was mainly because I had not yet seen the house I was minutes away from moving into so […]
What reward do you get for cycling in London? Well, under new proposals by Westminster Council you could be fined £100 (up from £30) for doing the things cyclists sometimes do. These include: Jumping red lights Riding on the pavement Ignoring one way signs It doesn’t matter if the traffic light has absolutely no […]
How does cycling through drug producing Colombia or war torn Sudan sound? How about cycling in temperatures ranging from –40 degrees Celsius to 50 degrees? Being away from home for 4 years sleeping in a tent by the side of the road and covering 46,000 miles around the world on a bike. All along the […]
Have you found yourself a good local bike shop yet? If you haven’t then you don’t know what you’re missing out on. Above is just some of the bits I have picked up recently. When I got to the local bike shop I know the advice I will get and the parts I will be […]
By the end of this post you will have some great ideas of what gift to get a cyclist or if you are like myself what to ask for!
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to!
Cycling on the motorway is illegal. Yet, you can’t help but look at the road some times and think that looks appealing. For a start, motorways have a hard shoulder lane that provides about 12 feet of clearance between yourself and the cars. This is far more than any cycle lane. They are often the […]
When picking bike lights there’s more choice than walking into a card shop to buy the perfect Christmas card. How on earth do you choose one that is suitable for you? How much should you spend on a bike light? Which ones are actually any good?
We already know building bike racks increases the value of properties, we also know there is a big problem with bike parking in London and we now know that people from NYC are getting ahead of London! (more…)
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Richard: Ninja Cyclist - rides at night in black clothing w...
- Nyge: Hi Viz or 800 Lumens - it's got to be better than...
- Mark: i wear all white, on an all white bike. i think t...
- Fergus: Yes, but only if a sufficiently bright light is sh...
- Fergus: What I've noticed is that the front light (assumi...
- Mrs janet groves: - same here. I don't cycle in ice or very stron...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now