If it isn’t yet 2.30pm UK time then you still have time to order your better half a good valentines day gift! Amy from Cyclodelic in London does a very cool range of fashionable cycling gear for women. She is offering free express postage which means as long as you order by 2.30pm on Friday […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Got your helmet? check, got your cycling shoes? check, got your bike? check, got your dive gear? what! It’s true. The London School of diving have taken a stationary bike, placed it underwater and claimed to have invented: “World’s First Underwater Turbo-Training Bike” In other words a bit of underwater cycling. The reason behind it […]
Last week I was having an incredibly fun cycle home. I don’t know why I was enjoying it so much, perhaps because it was towards the end of a successful day and I was making up my route home on the go. As I’m waiting at a one of the many sets of London traffic […]
Bike computers add an interesting extra dimension to cycling. In their simplest form they tell you your speed and the distance you have travelled. The more complicated ones will give you much more information such as your pedal revolutions. They can be useful for improving performance or simply for curiosity sake to see how many […]
I never thought I would be one of those people who can never seem to keep warm. My body’s heating system is the equivalent of trying to heat a room by putting a block of ice in there. I don’t know if you’ve tried doing that but trust me it doesn’t work. At the […]
A few nights ago in the depths of a London student union where beer is actually a good price but tastes like 3 years of un-cleaned pumps cyclists were putting their abilities to the test. The event is called Rollapaluza and I was invited along to take a look. The premise is simple. You have […]
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! This month saw the launch of the London Cyclist Blog Newsletter. Some described the event as more emotional than […]
This week we’ve been looking at some pretty big cycling related issues. After all the debating and vote button clicking the results are in! London Cycle Hire Scheme A very clear cut winner here! Eight out of ten cyclists think the Cycle Hire Scheme is overall a good idea for London. Whilst there is overwhelming […]
In this final poll I wanted to take a look at cycle paths versus cycle lanes. Though it’s tough to come across an exact definition, a cycle lane is one that is attached to the side of the road but not separated by any physical means where as a cycle path is separated somehow from […]
In this second of our London Cyclist week of polls I’m heading to a very hot topic of the moment. There was recently news about Westminster council raising the fines for cyclists to £100. Any cyclist therefore caught skipping red lights, on pavements or ignoring one way signs would receive a fairly harsh fine of […]
During the summer of this year the London Cycle Hire scheme will be launching. For some it will be a momentous day, for others it will make absolutely no more difference other than going “huh, there’s that cycle hire scheme”. Rentable bikes will be available 24 hours a day from 400 locations around London. You […]
Next week I’m going to be interrupting regular London Cyclist programming and will be giving you the chance to have a say on a range of issues that currently affect you as a cyclist. I’m launching a week of cycling opinions! Starting from Monday and running through to Thursday of next week I will be […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Preparing for your first French cycle tour 04/10/2015
- Complete guide to safe cycling for cyclists and motorists 30/09/2015
- My eyes! New dhb Flashlight jacket and jerseys reviewed 29/09/2015
- How to cope with 3 panic inducing bike commuter experiences 24/09/2015
- 3 pannier options to commute undefeated in the rain 21/09/2015
- A ‘Mini-Holland’ for all? 18/09/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- mark leeming: Just caught up on this site. I like many people do...
- andy c: I have been trying to locate a squeak for ages. It...
- Greg: What about those lights that are supposed to detec...
- Fred Schlomka: I biked 4,000+ kilometres on a tandem this summer ...
- Chris: I'm all for people respecting rules put in place ...
- Darren: Got my suit jacket (that I wore once) back for the...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now