Got your helmet? check, got your cycling shoes? check, got your bike? check, got your dive gear? what! It’s true. The London School of diving have taken a stationary bike, placed it underwater and claimed to have invented: “World’s First Underwater Turbo-Training Bike” In other words a bit of underwater cycling. The reason behind it […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Last week I was having an incredibly fun cycle home. I don’t know why I was enjoying it so much, perhaps because it was towards the end of a successful day and I was making up my route home on the go. As I’m waiting at a one of the many sets of London traffic […]
Bike computers add an interesting extra dimension to cycling. In their simplest form they tell you your speed and the distance you have travelled. The more complicated ones will give you much more information such as your pedal revolutions. They can be useful for improving performance or simply for curiosity sake to see how many […]
I never thought I would be one of those people who can never seem to keep warm. My body’s heating system is the equivalent of trying to heat a room by putting a block of ice in there. I don’t know if you’ve tried doing that but trust me it doesn’t work. At the […]
A few nights ago in the depths of a London student union where beer is actually a good price but tastes like 3 years of un-cleaned pumps cyclists were putting their abilities to the test. The event is called Rollapaluza and I was invited along to take a look. The premise is simple. You have […]
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! This month saw the launch of the London Cyclist Blog Newsletter. Some described the event as more emotional than […]
This week we’ve been looking at some pretty big cycling related issues. After all the debating and vote button clicking the results are in! London Cycle Hire Scheme A very clear cut winner here! Eight out of ten cyclists think the Cycle Hire Scheme is overall a good idea for London. Whilst there is overwhelming […]
In this final poll I wanted to take a look at cycle paths versus cycle lanes. Though it’s tough to come across an exact definition, a cycle lane is one that is attached to the side of the road but not separated by any physical means where as a cycle path is separated somehow from […]
In this second of our London Cyclist week of polls I’m heading to a very hot topic of the moment. There was recently news about Westminster council raising the fines for cyclists to £100. Any cyclist therefore caught skipping red lights, on pavements or ignoring one way signs would receive a fairly harsh fine of […]
During the summer of this year the London Cycle Hire scheme will be launching. For some it will be a momentous day, for others it will make absolutely no more difference other than going “huh, there’s that cycle hire scheme”. Rentable bikes will be available 24 hours a day from 400 locations around London. You […]
Next week I’m going to be interrupting regular London Cyclist programming and will be giving you the chance to have a say on a range of issues that currently affect you as a cyclist. I’m launching a week of cycling opinions! Starting from Monday and running through to Thursday of next week I will be […]
Have you ever walked around London at five in the morning? It reminds me of a scene in 28 Days Later. I always find myself wanting to shout “Hello? Is anyone there!”. Of course when I say I “always find myself” I sound like some sort of crazed sleep walker who is always wondering around […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Gearing up after Cycle to Work day success? 04/09/2015
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- what men secretly want free pdf: -Buy a NUTRITION ALMANAC and become familiar with ...
- John: Do you mean just waterproof trousers? Or warm &am...
- Ree: I really want sallopettes for bikes to be invented...
- Andrew: As well as mirrors on the lorries, perhaps we shou...
- Alan: Spot on!...
- Kie: A small step in the right direction, now we just n...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists