Have you ever walked around London at five in the morning? It reminds me of a scene in 28 Days Later. I always find myself wanting to shout “Hello? Is anyone there!”. Of course when I say I “always find myself” I sound like some sort of crazed sleep walker who is always wondering around […]
Author Archive | Andreas
“From stone faced guards outside the Queen’s residence at Buckingham Palace to cherry red double-decker buses meandering past Westminster Abbey and Big Ben, London is filled with trademark images. Seeing London on a bike may seem intimidating at first, but there is no better introduction to her sights, sounds and smells than from the saddle […]
Those of you who follow me on Twitter will have seen today this blurry picture: I posted it because I wanted to see if everyone could guess correctly where it is. The picture is from Richmond Park and not a single person guessed incorrectly. I shouldn’t really have been surprised because Richmond Park is a […]
I was a bit surprised yesterday when this was put through my door. After discussing gun crime and burglary the local police briefing moves on to the third worse crime known to man. Cycling on the pavement. The briefing read: Cycling on the pavement is a problem in a number of wards in Camden and […]
Is it possible to squeeze more cycling out of your week just like Victoria Beckham always manages to squeeze more publicity out of the newspapers? Nobody likes to be boxed into a category. But I’m going to do it anyway. See if you can spot which category you fall into. In category one is the […]
Today there are two very exciting bits of news I’m pleased to announce. The first is that the London Cyclist blog email newsletter officially starts today. Woo! Secondly, I’m giving away a free bicycle maintenance eBook to celebrate the launch! Extra content and discounts I’ll start with the newsletter. This is something I’ve wanted to […]
We love our bikes. Many of us spend hours every day on them commuting to and from work. When we leave this prized possession somewhere we want to know it will still be there when we get back. This guide will take you through what to look for in a good bike lock and which […]
It happened to me a couple of days ago. I was on my way back from Camden on my bike and I took a wrong turn at Chalk Farm heading up to Haverstock Hill. It wasn’t the worst hill in the world but I was definitely not expecting it. This got me thinking about my […]
Going into 2010 I want to offer more content that is relevant to what you guys want to read about. Unfortunately I don’t currently have mind reading abilities so to do this I need your help to fill in a quick 4 minute survey I’m doing. To do the survey SURVEY FINISHED! Thank you all […]
What is faster – the London Underground or a bicycle? Video included at the end of this post Everyone can remember the excellent Top Gear episode where Richard Hammond travelled by bike to London City Airport and beat his co-presenters who between them used a car, a boat and public transport. It made for a […]
Adventure Nomad: Mountain Biking The Hills Of Chiang Dao Chiang Dao is a town just north of Chiang Mai, the second largest city in Thailand. It is a popular place to start mountain biking excursions. Unfortunately, there aren’t any trail maps and so hiring a guide is the best option. Fortunately, our guide, King Saksipong […]
As the new year hangover subsides you may have some vague recollection of setting some new years resolutions at some point during your drunken antics! If you can’t remember what they were then even better! Here are five cycling related new years resolutions to replace your forgotten ones! My tip: Only try and do one […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- Discounted bike servicing in 17 local London bike shops – offer ended! 13/03/2015
- How a cyclist sees London 09/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- simon: Just be careful of the many scams in the market at...
- Nick: So what you suggest where to buy them Chain Reacti...
- Vanessa: Omg, that's so me! I need to wash my bike, it loo...
- Tracy: Hi all, Does anyone have any advice on which came...
- David: Puncture proof tyres do exists look at greentyre.c...
- Chris2dhs: +1 for the Exposure Trace and TraceR, but I also h...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets