By the end of this post you will have some great ideas of what gift to get a cyclist or if you are like myself what to ask for!
Author Archive | Andreas
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to!
Cycling on the motorway is illegal. Yet, you can’t help but look at the road some times and think that looks appealing. For a start, motorways have a hard shoulder lane that provides about 12 feet of clearance between yourself and the cars. This is far more than any cycle lane. They are often the […]
When picking bike lights there’s more choice than walking into a card shop to buy the perfect Christmas card. How on earth do you choose one that is suitable for you? How much should you spend on a bike light? Which ones are actually any good?
We already know building bike racks increases the value of properties, we also know there is a big problem with bike parking in London and we now know that people from NYC are getting ahead of London! (more…)
I think people have one of two emotions when they see motorists stuck in traffic . You may be among the people that as you zoom past on your bike think “haha suckers”. Or you may be among the people that feel a little bit sorry for poor Mr Motorist getting nowhere. Martin Williamson is […]
A thorough review of the Halfords Bike Chain Cleaning Kit that I recently purchased. Including what I did and didn’t like and other recommended chain cleaning kits
A look at which parts of a bike to lubricate, how often to lubricate them and which lubricant to use. Also a quick look at some of the most common errors people make that can cause damage to their bikes.
My first time was outside my college when I was 16. I remember it well. Everyone remembers their first time. She was beautiful. The most gorgeous mountain bike you have ever seen. Sure it was just a £200 bike from JJB Sports but I was young and I was in love. I looked around at […]
Question 1: Do you like bikes? Question 2: Do you think a new bike lane would be a good idea? Question 3: Are you gay?
I asked on Twitter for some good cycling book recommendations and I got some fantastic ideas off people. Here’s a list of the ones I will be reading
A thorough review of the Bicio GoRide including a short video and plenty of pictures
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Ali Asghar Khoyee: Tern Verge Duo is great for London - extremely low...
- SteveP: Another Airnimal vote. I bought one used and upgra...
- Dave: Hi Vincent I had a standard Brompton 3 speed h...
- IanB: I have a jango flik which is very well engineered,...
- John H: Recently invested in a Giant Halfway. Lovely buil...
- Adverbios de lugar: Very interesting your blog, I have come through a ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now