As you can see London Cyclist has a new theme. I would liken the transition to when you finally switch from that £150 bike your dad bought you from Halfords to the new £800 road bike you have always wanted! One of my favourite new improvements is the comment area. This now displays everyone’s Gravatar […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Map showing the locations of the London Cycle Hire Scheme
When I flew to Brazil, I knew one of the highlights of the trip would be cycling the length of Ipanema and Copacabana beach. Both beaches offers views that are nothing short of spectacular. Look around you and you will see plenty of gorgeous Brazilians going about tanning, swimming and drinking Caipirinha. (Or Caipis as […]
To get back to London from Brazil is a supreme travelling effort. The journey started with 5 hours of being stuck in Sao Paulo traffic to get to the airport. If you thought London traffic was bad, the Sao Paulo traffic creates a new meaning for the word “mayhem”. Our driver was repeatedly cursing everyone […]
Say you’ve just sat back on your sofa and your hand slips in-between the cushions. You pull out a £100 note! Huh? How did that get there? Naturally you begin dreaming about all the things you could spend it on. Being an avid cyclist you decide it is something bike related you want to see […]
One of the ways to train for a big cycling event is to find some good circular rides that you can repeat. This allows for a constant speed, there is no need to keep checking the route and you can easily keep track of progress. Richmond Park Richmond Park is easily one of the most […]
With the news that online cycle retailer Wiggle would be offering test rides for 30 days on selected bikes, I thought it would be a good time to discuss what sort of things you should be looking for. After all when you buy a new bike it is fairly essential you give it a test […]
When I overtake a fellow cyclist I often wonder what they are thinking. Are they thinking “What a jerk showing off?” or “I want to go that fast”. After averaging some pretty ludicrous distances while researching the London Cycle Routes eBook I have definitely become a much faster cyclist. I typically cycle a couple of […]
After many hours locked away in a dark, small room with no windows the designers came to me with their new logo design. They carefully unwrapped the cloth that had been placed around the document to conceal it’s top secret identity. The London Cyclist logo was there before my very eyes! And now here it […]
If you are in London what are you up to this Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday? Cleaning my bike. Trying out one of your London cycle routes. Watching all 3 of the Lord of the Rings in one go. Doing some ironing. Selling my horse. Well, if your not too busy then starting on Friday (5th) and running […]
30 of the best cycling routes in London that are simply unmissable. These routes should almost be given out to everyone with a new bike purchase! If anyone ever tells you that cycling in London is “too dangerous” or “all about dodging buses and taxis” then point them in the direction of this page.
The Hyde Park Pet Cemetery, the façade houses of Leinster Gardens, cycling down the narrowest street in London and the Mandela Way Tank. What do they all have in common? They are all a little bit random. They also make for an amazingly quirky bike ride around London. After visiting Lithuania who are well known […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- alpini Mini Velo review 22/04/2016
- Eastway Flyback H1 hybrid bike review 21/04/2016
- Best bike shops in South London 15/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Pat: Focus the lights onto the roadway, to the front. ...
- Osman: hi I want to see pictures of your folding bike ....
- David Farr: Hi Dave, sorry to hear you are having trouble fitt...
- Sarah: Hello I've been hunting around for mountain biki...
- Dave: Thanks Rossco, Good luck to you too....
- Rossco: I'm riding for breast cancer care. Good luck to ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets