A little while back I contacted the guys from ArtCrank to discuss the possibility of bringing the show to London. They were enthusiastic in their reply and told me it was something they definitely wanted to do. It seems the wheels have been in motion and now is the time for artists to sending in […]
Author Archive | Andreas
I’ve always wondered how many miles you guys cover getting to work. What better way to cure my curiosity than a poll. Please include only the actual miles you cover on a bike and not miles covered on the train/bus/helicopter/hover craft. Also tell me the distance in one direction. How long is your bicycle commute?online […]
A little while back I did a roundup of all the companies offering bicycle insurance. ETA came out the clear winner for being the most generous in their terms and conditions as they cover a lot more scenarios than others. A number of Twitterers and commenters would tend to agree. I also tested out the […]
Is that a multi-tool in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Sorry, couldn’t escape multi-tool related puns, it’s out of my system now! Carrying around a load of tools on the bike is a pain. I often find myself thinking “I’ll just risk it, what are the odds of getting a […]
A few months back one of the many petitions that as cyclists we were encouraged to sign was to create a new law in the UK calling for a minimum of 3 feet passing distance that drivers should give cyclists. Currently the law for this in the Highway Code simply states: “give a cyclist as […]
It’s not for want of trying that the London Heavy Goods Vehicle problem isn’t going away. Everything from critical mass gatherings to Lorries fitted with extra mirrors is being tried and tested. Unfortunately the number of incidents doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Perhaps the solution we are seeking is there and waiting to be […]
A nice warm shower at the end of a long cycle commute is one of life’s little pleasures. Off comes the cycling gear, away goes the sweat and out emerges the presentable human being who is ready for a day’s work. That clean feeling provides the perfect start to the day. However, many people are […]
April on London Cyclist TfL foolishly allowed me to test out the new London Cycle Hire Bike. I took a look at how its design makes it one of the most user friendly bikes around. Having changed my cycling technique completely after a 2 hour course from Cycle Training UK I decide it is only […]
The vast majority of cyclists are frequently making these errors on the roads. Anyone who recognises and corrects their errors can cycle more safely, confidently and efficiently. Up until last week I was regularly making these mistakes too. However, a 2 hour course I completed last Thursday, by the highly recommended Cycle Training UK, completely […]
Scrambling down the stairs, looking for a clean pair of jeans it dawned on me. I am going to be late to yet another meeting! TfL had contacted me last Friday to see if I wanted to test the new cycle hire scheme bike. I was happy to oblige but with a pending trip to […]
Dave from Cycle Training UK shows me how I should be cycling around London for better safety and efficiency. Full write up next week with some amazing tips I learned. Cycling on the way back I came across the horrendous Oxford Circus roadworks currently taking place. Along the course of the roadworks is the tribute […]
Skyride Part of central London is closed off as 65,000 cyclists decent on the capital. The effect is like an endless sea of cyclists wearing fluorescent jackets. The event is very well publicised and incredibly popular. It is free to attend. I wrote about the 2009 Skyride and I expect the 2010 event will also […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Har hari: This to the guy who is in the video about locking ...
- Frank Tompson: Above you say 'Let’s start with the Best iPhone...
- JB: I am going to have to stop reading this colum as i...
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists