I was searching online the other day for a roundup of cycling magazines. As I couldn’t find a good list anywhere I decided to create a list here. I hope this is helpful for anyone looking to expand their cycling knowledge through the magazines.
Author Archive | Andreas
I recently received an email from Adam to tell me about the Hackney Bicycle Film Society and was pretty excited about sharing it with everyone because I know people will be interested and most of you will not have heard of it before now. The society has been hugely successful and the initial target of […]
We’ve all done it. We’ve all fallen off our bike and tried to play it cool. I have two memorable occasions. The first was in Birmingham. My dad was visiting and wanted to go jogging. Me being a don’t-like-using-my-legs-unless-it’s-for-cycling kinda guy I took the executive decision to follow on the bike. Lazy I know and […]
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! From London Cyclist London Cycle Routes – eBook was successfully launched this month and so far there have been […]
We’ve launched a new version of this guide here: Using GPS cycle routes on your mobile phone With the release of the London Cycle Routes eBook the most common question I’ve had is: “How do you get your hair to look so good even though you cycled here?” Oh wait, no, that’s not it. The […]
When the new Evans Cycles store opened in West End on Mortimer Street I got invited along to take a look around. I was very impressed with the store and also with what I heard from the management team. The new store is London’s largest Evans Cycles and it is mainly located underground. The surroundings […]
As you can see London Cyclist has a new theme. I would liken the transition to when you finally switch from that £150 bike your dad bought you from Halfords to the new £800 road bike you have always wanted! One of my favourite new improvements is the comment area. This now displays everyone’s Gravatar […]
Map showing the locations of the London Cycle Hire Scheme
When I flew to Brazil, I knew one of the highlights of the trip would be cycling the length of Ipanema and Copacabana beach. Both beaches offers views that are nothing short of spectacular. Look around you and you will see plenty of gorgeous Brazilians going about tanning, swimming and drinking Caipirinha. (Or Caipis as […]
To get back to London from Brazil is a supreme travelling effort. The journey started with 5 hours of being stuck in Sao Paulo traffic to get to the airport. If you thought London traffic was bad, the Sao Paulo traffic creates a new meaning for the word “mayhem”. Our driver was repeatedly cursing everyone […]
Say you’ve just sat back on your sofa and your hand slips in-between the cushions. You pull out a £100 note! Huh? How did that get there? Naturally you begin dreaming about all the things you could spend it on. Being an avid cyclist you decide it is something bike related you want to see […]
One of the ways to train for a big cycling event is to find some good circular rides that you can repeat. This allows for a constant speed, there is no need to keep checking the route and you can easily keep track of progress. Richmond Park Richmond Park is easily one of the most […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Beyond pink: The rise of the female-specific bike shop 27/04/2015
- The five things I’ve learnt as an everyday cyclist in London 18/04/2015
- Best rechargeable bike lights 01/04/2015
- Mitie London Revolution 2015 – Extra camping spots released! 25/03/2015
- The simplest bike storage solution 24/03/2015
- 10 of the greatest joys for cyclists 16/03/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- save the earth: Can I simply say what a comfort to uncover an indi...
- LoobyLou: in Singapore the numerous moped/scooterists wear l...
- Nessie: Within a few months, the rubber band started to we...
- Kim: Couldn't agree more! I was overtaken by a brompt...
- Eric Richardson: What people seem to overlook is the strength of wh...
- Ana: True! Try vulpine.cc Great clothes for women, incl...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists