Whenever something goes wrong on a bike the typical course of action is as follows. Step 1 – curse the cycling gods! Step 2 – Try to ignore the problem for as long as possible. Step 3 – give in and visit the nearest bike shop. You then find someone who looks knowledgeable and describe […]
Author Archive | Andreas
For the past couple of months I’ve been working on something really big. I’m very excited about finally announcing it to everyone and lifting the curtain on this because I know a lot of people will be interested. Early next week I will be launching an eBook with 25 amazing cycling routes around London. I […]
The first few pictures have been emerging of London’s much hyped cycle superhighways. But which of these two visions do you think is more likely to be realised? Wide paths with room to overtake cyclists and travel at a decent speed No vehicles in the cycle lanes Cycle paths not too near to parked cars […]
Recommend a cycling route to others (& Mary) and also perhaps find a few new cycling routes yourself
You’re cycling along, trying to get to work on time, feeling good with your new iPhone app tracking your progress and at some point the inevitable happens. Some clever person has found an incredible parking spot that just so happens to be a bike lane. This usually occurs roughly in the first 10 metres of […]
Here are three new iPhone cycling apps that make use of the GPS capabilities. I’ve been testing them out to find my favourite. They are: Cyclemeter, RunKeeper and Outdoors
If it isn’t yet 2.30pm UK time then you still have time to order your better half a good valentines day gift! Amy from Cyclodelic in London does a very cool range of fashionable cycling gear for women. She is offering free express postage which means as long as you order by 2.30pm on Friday […]
Got your helmet? check, got your cycling shoes? check, got your bike? check, got your dive gear? what! It’s true. The London School of diving have taken a stationary bike, placed it underwater and claimed to have invented: “World’s First Underwater Turbo-Training Bike” In other words a bit of underwater cycling. The reason behind it […]
Last week I was having an incredibly fun cycle home. I don’t know why I was enjoying it so much, perhaps because it was towards the end of a successful day and I was making up my route home on the go. As I’m waiting at a one of the many sets of London traffic […]
Bike computers add an interesting extra dimension to cycling. In their simplest form they tell you your speed and the distance you have travelled. The more complicated ones will give you much more information such as your pedal revolutions. They can be useful for improving performance or simply for curiosity sake to see how many […]
I never thought I would be one of those people who can never seem to keep warm. My body’s heating system is the equivalent of trying to heat a room by putting a block of ice in there. I don’t know if you’ve tried doing that but trust me it doesn’t work. At the […]
A few nights ago in the depths of a London student union where beer is actually a good price but tastes like 3 years of un-cleaned pumps cyclists were putting their abilities to the test. The event is called Rollapaluza and I was invited along to take a look. The premise is simple. You have […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- How to stay safe when cycling around potholes 11/11/2014
- 8 moments all us cycle commuters have felt 06/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Joanne: Mine is here if people would like to check out and...
- Hugo: Hi there, recently I start to use Finn (http://get...
- Ashwin: What bicycle repair needs to bring the prices down...
- Ashwin: Bike repair and maintenance is a cartel job in the...
- David Cohen: Ditto, pretty much to the word, re cleaning one's...
- Andreas: Ouch - that sounds extreme Beth. I must admit, I a...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists