When I overtake a fellow cyclist I often wonder what they are thinking. Are they thinking “What a jerk showing off?” or “I want to go that fast”. After averaging some pretty ludicrous distances while researching the London Cycle Routes eBook I have definitely become a much faster cyclist. I typically cycle a couple of […]
Author Archive | Andreas
After many hours locked away in a dark, small room with no windows the designers came to me with their new logo design. They carefully unwrapped the cloth that had been placed around the document to conceal it’s top secret identity. The London Cyclist logo was there before my very eyes! And now here it […]
If you are in London what are you up to this Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday? Cleaning my bike. Trying out one of your London cycle routes. Watching all 3 of the Lord of the Rings in one go. Doing some ironing. Selling my horse. Well, if your not too busy then starting on Friday (5th) and running […]
30 of the best cycling routes in London that are simply unmissable. These routes should almost be given out to everyone with a new bike purchase! If anyone ever tells you that cycling in London is “too dangerous” or “all about dodging buses and taxis” then point them in the direction of this page.
The Hyde Park Pet Cemetery, the façade houses of Leinster Gardens, cycling down the narrowest street in London and the Mandela Way Tank. What do they all have in common? They are all a little bit random. They also make for an amazingly quirky bike ride around London. After visiting Lithuania who are well known […]
Whenever something goes wrong on a bike the typical course of action is as follows. Step 1 – curse the cycling gods! Step 2 – Try to ignore the problem for as long as possible. Step 3 – give in and visit the nearest bike shop. You then find someone who looks knowledgeable and describe […]
For the past couple of months I’ve been working on something really big. I’m very excited about finally announcing it to everyone and lifting the curtain on this because I know a lot of people will be interested. Early next week I will be launching an eBook with 25 amazing cycling routes around London. I […]
The first few pictures have been emerging of London’s much hyped cycle superhighways. But which of these two visions do you think is more likely to be realised? Wide paths with room to overtake cyclists and travel at a decent speed No vehicles in the cycle lanes Cycle paths not too near to parked cars […]
Recommend a cycling route to others (& Mary) and also perhaps find a few new cycling routes yourself
You’re cycling along, trying to get to work on time, feeling good with your new iPhone app tracking your progress and at some point the inevitable happens. Some clever person has found an incredible parking spot that just so happens to be a bike lane. This usually occurs roughly in the first 10 metres of […]
Here are three new iPhone cycling apps that make use of the GPS capabilities. I’ve been testing them out to find my favourite. They are: Cyclemeter, RunKeeper and Outdoors
If it isn’t yet 2.30pm UK time then you still have time to order your better half a good valentines day gift! Amy from Cyclodelic in London does a very cool range of fashionable cycling gear for women. She is offering free express postage which means as long as you order by 2.30pm on Friday […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 common bike maintenance mistakes to avoid 29/01/2015
- London’s Big Local Bike Shop End of January Sale 23/01/2015
- 5 bikes you’ll want to ride as soon as you see them 22/01/2015
- Tips to make your next ride in to the headwind bearable 15/01/2015
- 9 of the most common questions by new cyclists answered 15/01/2015
- Cycling in icy conditions 09/01/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andrew Russell: A spoke tightener in the wrong hands is a dangerou...
- lapsa: I was told that it is better to lube chain by indi...
- Rick Gregory: Good article as usual Michelle. However under 3. -...
- Alan Moore: Did anyone see this on Dragons Den? The owner hope...
- Fran: I think this vest is pure genius!! my daughter is ...
- Graeme: Actually rather amusing to see Andy's initial com...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets