Adventure Nomad: Mountain Biking The Hills Of Chiang Dao Chiang Dao is a town just north of Chiang Mai, the second largest city in Thailand. It is a popular place to start mountain biking excursions. Unfortunately, there aren’t any trail maps and so hiring a guide is the best option. Fortunately, our guide, King Saksipong […]
Author Archive | Andreas
As the new year hangover subsides you may have some vague recollection of setting some new years resolutions at some point during your drunken antics! If you can’t remember what they were then even better! Here are five cycling related new years resolutions to replace your forgotten ones! My tip: Only try and do one […]
Pic by: Debarati06 Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! Well another month and year comes to a close and I hope everyone has thoroughly enjoyed […]
A look at Darren Alffs eBook the Bicycle Travellers Blueprint, its contents and what led me to want to go on a bike tour this year
2009 is coming to an end and what a year it has been. Traffic to London Cyclist blog is up by 2,830.35% compared to 2008. With an impressive figure like that I thought it would be a good time to take a look at what you guys have been reading. I think you will be […]
Merry Christmas from London Cyclist Blog I’m already back at home putting my feet up, enjoying the Christmas tree and looking forward to tomorrows huge dinner that is certain to send me on a very nice two hour sleep. Hope you are having a similarly great time. Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year with […]
Some recommendations of good winter cycling gloves by my Twitter followers and my personal opinion. Also some good tips for keeping hands warm during winter whilst cycling.
It was a very entertaining bike ride yesterday in the London snow. On the main roads everything was fine as they had been gritted and so many cars had already travelled on them. On the side roads however it was a bit of a different story. As anyone who tried a bit of ski cycling […]
Image by: Andrew Novell I’ve been wanting to try this on London Cyclist Blog for a long time but have been a little scared. However, the time now seems good as I can see that a lot of you are starting to participate in the blog. In the past week alone we have had 57 […]
What do you do when you’re coming up to a red traffic light? Do you just stop where you are? Do you work your way to the front of the traffic? Do you track stand to be ready when the light turns green? Do you race through orange lights or stop? I wanted to share […]
You can get discount in many cycle shops The LCC as well as the CTC website lists many local bike shops that offer discounts if you are a member. These include Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery shops. If you frequently buy a lot of cycling gear then it can be worth joining these groups. Of […]
Helping my cousin choose a folding bike by taking a look at some of the entry level models available and deciding which one is the best
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Urban Cycles: Hey Abdreas, I think I'll happily leave others to...
- Ricky: Simple solution when leaving your bike to go to th...
- lose weight now ask me how: When some one searches for his necessary thing, th...
- Kieren: "GPX Reader" on Android seems the best for me so...
- David Bates: If it's something fun and different you want to t...
- Carolyn: You missed out the pedelec.... I ride one and it'...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists