I never thought I would be one of those people who can never seem to keep warm. My body’s heating system is the equivalent of trying to heat a room by putting a block of ice in there. I don’t know if you’ve tried doing that but trust me it doesn’t work. At the […]
Author Archive | Andreas
A few nights ago in the depths of a London student union where beer is actually a good price but tastes like 3 years of un-cleaned pumps cyclists were putting their abilities to the test. The event is called Rollapaluza and I was invited along to take a look. The premise is simple. You have […]
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to! This month saw the launch of the London Cyclist Blog Newsletter. Some described the event as more emotional than […]
This week we’ve been looking at some pretty big cycling related issues. After all the debating and vote button clicking the results are in! London Cycle Hire Scheme A very clear cut winner here! Eight out of ten cyclists think the Cycle Hire Scheme is overall a good idea for London. Whilst there is overwhelming […]
In this final poll I wanted to take a look at cycle paths versus cycle lanes. Though it’s tough to come across an exact definition, a cycle lane is one that is attached to the side of the road but not separated by any physical means where as a cycle path is separated somehow from […]
In this second of our London Cyclist week of polls I’m heading to a very hot topic of the moment. There was recently news about Westminster council raising the fines for cyclists to £100. Any cyclist therefore caught skipping red lights, on pavements or ignoring one way signs would receive a fairly harsh fine of […]
During the summer of this year the London Cycle Hire scheme will be launching. For some it will be a momentous day, for others it will make absolutely no more difference other than going “huh, there’s that cycle hire scheme”. Rentable bikes will be available 24 hours a day from 400 locations around London. You […]
Next week I’m going to be interrupting regular London Cyclist programming and will be giving you the chance to have a say on a range of issues that currently affect you as a cyclist. I’m launching a week of cycling opinions! Starting from Monday and running through to Thursday of next week I will be […]
Have you ever walked around London at five in the morning? It reminds me of a scene in 28 Days Later. I always find myself wanting to shout “Hello? Is anyone there!”. Of course when I say I “always find myself” I sound like some sort of crazed sleep walker who is always wondering around […]
“From stone faced guards outside the Queen’s residence at Buckingham Palace to cherry red double-decker buses meandering past Westminster Abbey and Big Ben, London is filled with trademark images. Seeing London on a bike may seem intimidating at first, but there is no better introduction to her sights, sounds and smells than from the saddle […]
Those of you who follow me on Twitter will have seen today this blurry picture: I posted it because I wanted to see if everyone could guess correctly where it is. The picture is from Richmond Park and not a single person guessed incorrectly. I shouldn’t really have been surprised because Richmond Park is a […]
I was a bit surprised yesterday when this was put through my door. After discussing gun crime and burglary the local police briefing moves on to the third worse crime known to man. Cycling on the pavement. The briefing read: Cycling on the pavement is a problem in a number of wards in Camden and […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- The best cycling shorts for men and women 19/08/2014
- Dear bike thief… how to write a letter that could get your bike back 18/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- jual online lingerie: I'm lookin to make a lil extra money and would li...
- AJ: You've not mentioned the Dynamic chainless foldin...
- Chris: I spent just over a year combining a Tern Joe and ...
- Monika Fisher: GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your shit...
- Wicked Uncle Keith: My 1984 Peugeot, All Campy-equipped Mont Cenis is ...
- Ben Thorp: No mention of Strida?!?...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now