Merry Christmas from London Cyclist Blog I’m already back at home putting my feet up, enjoying the Christmas tree and looking forward to tomorrows huge dinner that is certain to send me on a very nice two hour sleep. Hope you are having a similarly great time. Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year with […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Some recommendations of good winter cycling gloves by my Twitter followers and my personal opinion. Also some good tips for keeping hands warm during winter whilst cycling.
It was a very entertaining bike ride yesterday in the London snow. On the main roads everything was fine as they had been gritted and so many cars had already travelled on them. On the side roads however it was a bit of a different story. As anyone who tried a bit of ski cycling […]
Image by: Andrew Novell I’ve been wanting to try this on London Cyclist Blog for a long time but have been a little scared. However, the time now seems good as I can see that a lot of you are starting to participate in the blog. In the past week alone we have had 57 […]
What do you do when you’re coming up to a red traffic light? Do you just stop where you are? Do you work your way to the front of the traffic? Do you track stand to be ready when the light turns green? Do you race through orange lights or stop? I wanted to share […]
You can get discount in many cycle shops The LCC as well as the CTC website lists many local bike shops that offer discounts if you are a member. These include Evans Cycles and Cycle Surgery shops. If you frequently buy a lot of cycling gear then it can be worth joining these groups. Of […]
Helping my cousin choose a folding bike by taking a look at some of the entry level models available and deciding which one is the best
TfL has today revealed the pricing details of the new cycle hire scheme that is due to be launched next summer. The good news is the first 30 minutes hire-time will be free.
This lock is good for two things. Knocking people out and securing bikes. I’m very glad to say I’m only planning on using it for the latter. Review includes a comparison of the different locks and a final opinion as to whether I’m happy with the purchase.
Ever so often a bike needs a bit of love to be kept running smoothly and to keep providing a comfortable ride free of annoying noises. So recently I got myself down to the local bike shop and picked up: New lock New chain New brake cables New brake pads New chain cleaning tool Well, […]
Despite having had a very bad nights sleep I’m very excited about having moved house yesterday into Swiss Cottage. Of course, as anyone who has moved house before will know, I was feeling a bit nervous. This was mainly because I had not yet seen the house I was minutes away from moving into so […]
What reward do you get for cycling in London? Well, under new proposals by Westminster Council you could be fined £100 (up from £30) for doing the things cyclists sometimes do. These include: Jumping red lights Riding on the pavement Ignoring one way signs It doesn’t matter if the traffic light has absolutely no […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Mark: Purchased my Strida 5.0 March 2008, and today it b...
- Eddie: I have to admit Phil, since i changed to Schwalbe ...
- ADI: Any driving instructor who does not educate / trai...
- Eddie: I know what you mean by horse riders on a bridlewa...
- Phil: I always carry a pump, puncture kit, tyre levers a...
- Eddie: I always take the basics when out riding. Mini han...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists