Cast your mind back to the first day you started cycling in the city. Don’t worry this isn’t a therapy class where I now start to ask you “how did it make you feel?”. I’d charge for that kind of service and you’d probably want to demand your money back. If you started cycling 50 […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Today the Barclay’s Cycle Superhighways were launched at a big press and public event. TfL kindly invited me along and also promised me a couple of quick questions with the Mayor. Of course this was too good an offer to pass by so I went down after canvassing everyone on Twitter for questions to ask. […]
Alongside with today’s Cycle Superhighway launch Boris also pointed out to everyone that from the 23 of July you’ll be able to register for membership of the cycle hire scheme from: www.tfl.gov.uk/barclayscyclehire The bad news is that unless you register you won’t be able to use the bikes for another month. The reason given is […]
When I asked about the best accessory people have bought in the past 12 months Trevor mentioned a blog post he had written about some new upgrades to his bike. His post was exactly what I was hoping to hear about when I asked the question. At a cheap cost of around £30 he achieved […]
There’s a lot of tempting goodies out there for cyclists. However, only a few are a worthy addition. Perhaps for you buying an expensive Cycloc revolutionised storing your bike at home or perhaps a great bike computer has encouraged you to go cycling more often. Whilst I’m very thankful for my iPhone bike mount because […]
If you own an Android phone and think your going to give the cycle hire scheme a try then you’ll be glad to hear an App has been developed. It is called London Cycle Hire and can be downloaded from Android Zoom for just 50p. The app helps you find the nearest cycle hire station. […]
London Cyclist now has over 2000 newsletter subscribers! (A 110% growth on last month!) That’s fantastic news and if you haven’t joined yet then here’s 10 reasons I think you’ll love it: 1. Exclusive tips Every month I send out a new exclusive tip not available on the blog. This can help save you money, […]
Last month residents of Lyon in France celebrated 5 years of their cycle hire scheme by cycling up to the mountain that overlooks the city. The hire bikes have become a part of every day life and are considered to be a big success. In London, on the 30th of July, our Cycle Hire Scheme […]
Lately London Cycle Cafes have been getting a lot of exposure. Whether that be the Evening Standard, Time Magazine, Timeout, Bike Hugger or the Financial Times. Therefore, I thought now may be a good time to actually take a better look at some of them. Look Mum No Hands Cycle Cafe Where? 49 Old Street, […]
You know when you have one of those great ideas and you think “I can’t believe no one has thought of that”. A few months ago I was thinking about how annoying it is that so many stolen bikes get sold on eBay and Gumtree. What someone should do is create a bike auction website […]
Whilst I’m a strong believer in cycle training as a solution to London’s high cyclist accident rate it is important that the problem is tackled from many angles. Here are three of TfL’s new cycle safety initiatives. Take a look and let me know what you think of them. Trixi Mirrors These mirrors are being […]
Cycling over to meet Nigel Hardy, the project manager for the cycle superhighways, I had one question running through my mind. “Why didn’t they just call it blue lanes and avoid all the hassle and criticism they’ve drawn?” Soon this question along with another barrage of questions from London Cyclist readers would be answered. My […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Brad: So this evening I left my house and as soon as I c...
- the5mile Cyclist: Great article. Ahead of tomorrows Cycle to Work...
- Cameron: Ah Boris Bikes, the gateway drug which helped redi...
- Nobody: I ride and have ridden a bicycle in London on a nu...
- Vincent: > Chains need TLC too, and depending on the con...
- Vincent: There's an even bigger alternative to the T-Bag, ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now