The prospect of cycling 7 miles around central London completely naked has never exactly been in my “100 things to do before I die” list. Nor, for that matter, has it ever featured in my nightmares. So I went along to this year’s London Naked Bike Ride with a completely open mind and unsure as […]
Author Archive | Andreas
I recently put the question out on Twitter about which bike rack I should get. Here is what my Twitter followers had to say: alexbutcher @londoncyclist Tubus cro-mo rack. Will last you a life time and can be repaired if required. A truly awesome product jmwollny @londoncyclist Blackburn and Tubus are very good EnekOraintxe @londoncyclist […]
A friend of mine, Sam. Has made his big move down to London. Or, more specifically, his big move into our lounge in London. This is while he waits for his house to be available to move into. Soon he will be starting his training as an estate agent. (And yes he is being asked […]
June 20th is coming up fast and it’s the time of the year when I wish my dad was more into his cycling! I’m still trying hard to convince him to buy a GoCycle instead of a moped. If you’re still a little stuck for ideas then here’s a roundup of bestselling gift ideas for […]
As we are 9 days into the Cycle Challenge I thought it would be a good time to report on progress. Team London Cyclist has clocked in 4,778 miles so far The team has grown to 74 members We are in 3rd place in our “Social Group” of 50 to 100 members – a good […]
Until now bike thieves have had it fairly good. Not only do they have a big pool of potential targets, many of them badly secured, but they also have a big audience to sell to. Thanks to websites such as eBay and Gumtree they can reach out and make big profits from expensive bikes. While […]
Being nosy is the reason TV shows like “Through the keyhole” became so popular. It’s why we can’t help but peek through the window of a house as we cycle past. It’s why we are so tempted to read over someone’s shoulder what message they are texting! Perhaps the last one is just me? One […]
Yesterday, I received an email from Jared who wanted help from fellow London Cyclists and passers by to back him up against the taxi driver who swerved across in front of him and caused a collision. The taxi driver then proceeded to strangle Jared until he fell unconscious. This happened on March the 9th at […]
As a regular reader of this blog you may already be aware I’m a big fan of my Kryptonite New York 3000. It has kept my bike safe for over a year. Though, it is not without its limitations. For a start due to the small diameter of the lock it’s tough to lock my […]
This month in London The Cycle Hire Scheme is henceforth known as “Barclays Cycle Hire”. At least the investment may help the scheme expand – something I feel is crucial to its success (Or at least crucial to me using it as I live just outside the zone of coverage!) The London Cycle Challenge was […]
The long awaited London cycle hire scheme is making progress every day. Whether that be new bollards springing up in the ground where the cycle hire bikes will be placed or announcements such as the name of the scheme. In fact this is one of the announcement’s I was most eagerly awaiting. After all there […]
If you bumped into me in the street and asked me what my main gripe about cycling is I would without hesitation be annoyed at you bumping into me! But seriously, my main gripe is the maintenance. I figured out how to do a range of repairs on my bike a while back, but I’m […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 most popular London Cyclist posts in 2014 15/12/2014
- London Cycle Hire price changes from January 2015 15/12/2014
- Staying cycling fit over Christmas 15/12/2014
- LUMO cycling gear for stylish visibility 15/12/2014
- Amazon but for local bike shops 11/12/2014
- How to wrap bar tape, and 5 cool designs 11/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Simon: Will do Mark. I will take a picture tomorrow. No...
- alkeenana: Merry Christmas to all the editors in london cycli...
- Matt_Z: It's called a "Blaze" Bike light. Lot of fuss ...
- Mark: ohh it has a remote cable too!? thats great, i mig...
- Gary: Hi Mark, You would put the Orp near the handleb...
- DoyleRickett: It really is pretty easy yet it will need some pat...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists