So the big news that has been making the rounds is the rise in the number of cyclist deaths:
Author Archive | Andreas
Huge open spaces, vivid green valleys and tiny villages. Small meandering rivers and traffic free routes. There is plenty for the eye to feast on in the Peak District. Of course with all the inviting country pubs, the eye is definitely not the only thing that will be feasting.
A recent storm arose on Twitter after @LDN, definitely a member of the London Twitterati, provided a link to the Sorry Mate I didn’t See You (SMIDSY) database for cyclists to report bad drivers.
Best of the web is a London Cyclist monthly series that highlights the best cycling content from around the web. We go out there and find all of the best bits so you don’t have to!
Only 25 MPs currently back stopping Boris from closing the HGV inspection unit – how you can easily help..
Well, I never really planned to go down the activist route with this blog but I guess sometimes its too important to ignore. If you don’t live in the UK you can pretty much ignore the rest of this update!
So last week I asked you to tell me your commuting or cycling story for the chance to win £50 worth of Wiggle vouchers. I was absolutely amazed by the responses. I really enjoyed reading about the different ways people got into their cycling, some of their funniest moments and why they do it. Some [...]
Here is a useful tool for you! Sometimes after having an accident your memory can be a bit hazy of it. This new useful tool is here to solve that problem by helping you draw out the crash scene so you can provide it to the police or insurance company.
The Bike Song video from YouTube
The Cycle to Work scheme which has helped many cyclists get serious discounts off their new bikes and accessories is today getting another boost. Companies both public and private are being encouraged to sign up to provide: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them Good quality changing and locker [...]
A short celebration of the *nearly* two years of London Cyclist!
While I’m never certain about how much petitions work I guess its the kind of thing that can’t hurt. It tells the government that there are a lot of cyclists out there that want better facilities
A discussion around the 1.5metres that is the minimum the cycle superhighways will be and how that is very inadequate and actually dangerous
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Riding the MITIE London Revolution 22/05/2013
- Bring your camera: 6 great photogenic spots to cycle to in London 15/05/2013
- Rapha & Raeburn City Wind Jacket review 13/05/2013
- Finding a bicycle utopia in Belize 10/05/2013
- Vulpine Merino T-Shirt review 09/05/2013
- How westminster plans to keep the cyclists out and Simon Cowell in 08/05/2013
- Sam: Sorry Alan, I meant to include the costs but it co...
- Alan Moore: Well done Simon, thanks!...
- Simon Wilcox: For now it's still up at http://www.london-revolu...
- Alan Moore: How much is the entry, camping etc.? Seems odd to ...
- Simon Wilcox: I paid full price for this year's Revolution incl...
- Dave: I'm sure that when I came in the door the sign sa...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now