If you bumped into me in the street and asked me what my main gripe about cycling is I would without hesitation be annoyed at you bumping into me! But seriously, my main gripe is the maintenance. I figured out how to do a range of repairs on my bike a while back, but I’m […]
Author Archive | Andreas
As I feel we have a nice little community on the go here on londoncyclist.co.uk I thought it would be a good idea for us to join the London Cycle Challenge. Therefore I’ve created Team London Cyclist for anyone to join: https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/team.php?team=346 Whenever you cycle in the month of June you log the miles […]
^ Cycling in Buenos Aires My flight landed from Lyon in France about 2 hours ago and I have a lot of catching up to do on London Cyclist. From what I can see a lot of things have happened while I was away including a big BBC blooper, the announcement of the […]
In the past my commute to work was just 4 miles. For this I enjoyed putting as much power as possible in my pedalling and speeding my way into the office. On the occassional longer bike commute to the other office I covered 14 miles. Here I enjoyed setting a more steady pace and had […]
A little while back I contacted the guys from ArtCrank to discuss the possibility of bringing the show to London. They were enthusiastic in their reply and told me it was something they definitely wanted to do. It seems the wheels have been in motion and now is the time for artists to sending in […]
I’ve always wondered how many miles you guys cover getting to work. What better way to cure my curiosity than a poll. Please include only the actual miles you cover on a bike and not miles covered on the train/bus/helicopter/hover craft. Also tell me the distance in one direction. How long is your bicycle commute?online […]
A little while back I did a roundup of all the companies offering bicycle insurance. ETA came out the clear winner for being the most generous in their terms and conditions as they cover a lot more scenarios than others. A number of Twitterers and commenters would tend to agree. I also tested out the […]
Is that a multi-tool in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Sorry, couldn’t escape multi-tool related puns, it’s out of my system now! Carrying around a load of tools on the bike is a pain. I often find myself thinking “I’ll just risk it, what are the odds of getting a […]
A few months back one of the many petitions that as cyclists we were encouraged to sign was to create a new law in the UK calling for a minimum of 3 feet passing distance that drivers should give cyclists. Currently the law for this in the Highway Code simply states: “give a cyclist as […]
It’s not for want of trying that the London Heavy Goods Vehicle problem isn’t going away. Everything from critical mass gatherings to Lorries fitted with extra mirrors is being tried and tested. Unfortunately the number of incidents doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Perhaps the solution we are seeking is there and waiting to be […]
A nice warm shower at the end of a long cycle commute is one of life’s little pleasures. Off comes the cycling gear, away goes the sweat and out emerges the presentable human being who is ready for a day’s work. That clean feeling provides the perfect start to the day. However, many people are […]
April on London Cyclist TfL foolishly allowed me to test out the new London Cycle Hire Bike. I took a look at how its design makes it one of the most user friendly bikes around. Having changed my cycling technique completely after a 2 hour course from Cycle Training UK I decide it is only […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Selling your bicycle 18/09/2014
- Mounting your GoPro to your bike or helmet 15/09/2014
- The best bang for your buck bike upgrades 09/09/2014
- A crossrail for bikes – London cyclists to finally have their wishes granted 08/09/2014
- How to jump a red light 07/09/2014
- Autumn challenges to keep you motivated 04/09/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- rummy india: What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of p...
- 台灣大樂透: Wonderful article, thank You !!...
- Nike Air Griffey Max 2: Thanks for the share!...
- should i move to hawaii: Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you do...
- search engine: With havin so much written content do you ever run...
- Tyrell: Thanks in support of sharing such a nice thought, ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists