^ Cycling in Buenos Aires My flight landed from Lyon in France about 2 hours ago and I have a lot of catching up to do on London Cyclist. From what I can see a lot of things have happened while I was away including a big BBC blooper, the announcement of the […]
Author Archive | Andreas
In the past my commute to work was just 4 miles. For this I enjoyed putting as much power as possible in my pedalling and speeding my way into the office. On the occassional longer bike commute to the other office I covered 14 miles. Here I enjoyed setting a more steady pace and had […]
A little while back I contacted the guys from ArtCrank to discuss the possibility of bringing the show to London. They were enthusiastic in their reply and told me it was something they definitely wanted to do. It seems the wheels have been in motion and now is the time for artists to sending in […]
I’ve always wondered how many miles you guys cover getting to work. What better way to cure my curiosity than a poll. Please include only the actual miles you cover on a bike and not miles covered on the train/bus/helicopter/hover craft. Also tell me the distance in one direction. How long is your bicycle commute?online […]
A little while back I did a roundup of all the companies offering bicycle insurance. ETA came out the clear winner for being the most generous in their terms and conditions as they cover a lot more scenarios than others. A number of Twitterers and commenters would tend to agree. I also tested out the […]
Is that a multi-tool in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Sorry, couldn’t escape multi-tool related puns, it’s out of my system now! Carrying around a load of tools on the bike is a pain. I often find myself thinking “I’ll just risk it, what are the odds of getting a […]
A few months back one of the many petitions that as cyclists we were encouraged to sign was to create a new law in the UK calling for a minimum of 3 feet passing distance that drivers should give cyclists. Currently the law for this in the Highway Code simply states: “give a cyclist as […]
It’s not for want of trying that the London Heavy Goods Vehicle problem isn’t going away. Everything from critical mass gatherings to Lorries fitted with extra mirrors is being tried and tested. Unfortunately the number of incidents doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Perhaps the solution we are seeking is there and waiting to be […]
A nice warm shower at the end of a long cycle commute is one of life’s little pleasures. Off comes the cycling gear, away goes the sweat and out emerges the presentable human being who is ready for a day’s work. That clean feeling provides the perfect start to the day. However, many people are […]
April on London Cyclist TfL foolishly allowed me to test out the new London Cycle Hire Bike. I took a look at how its design makes it one of the most user friendly bikes around. Having changed my cycling technique completely after a 2 hour course from Cycle Training UK I decide it is only […]
The vast majority of cyclists are frequently making these errors on the roads. Anyone who recognises and corrects their errors can cycle more safely, confidently and efficiently. Up until last week I was regularly making these mistakes too. However, a 2 hour course I completed last Thursday, by the highly recommended Cycle Training UK, completely […]
Scrambling down the stairs, looking for a clean pair of jeans it dawned on me. I am going to be late to yet another meeting! TfL had contacted me last Friday to see if I wanted to test the new cycle hire scheme bike. I was happy to oblige but with a pending trip to […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 novelty jerseys for your cycling wardrobe 01/09/2014
- Mountain biking in Devon’s Haldon Forest 01/09/2014
- 9 signs the summer is coming to an end 28/08/2014
- Folding bikes unpacked 26/08/2014
- Pocket High Street: The anti-Amazon saviour of the high street 21/08/2014
- Mount your iPhone 5 or 5S to your bike handlebars 20/08/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- real estate,rockdale, brighton-le-sands, bexley, monterey, sans souci, dolls point, kogarah, real estate, real estate listings,licensed real estate agent, real estate services,century 21 real estate, michael kalinovski, Century 21 Bayview, L J Hooker Brig: You are already aware therefore significantly in t...
- Paul Draper: Max, people are already making cyclists lives diff...
- Max: Cyclists are a plague in London. Law breaking and ...
- entirelybeautiful.blogspot.com: You actually make iit seem so easy with your prese...
- Ross: Cavenewt. That is what you read all the time in...
- Alehouse Rock: ETIENNE----It's a jungle out there, isn't it? An...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now