Note: This is a small section taken from my Guide to Cycling in London. I wanted to post it up here as a bit of a preview of what people can expect from the guide. If you haven’t yet grabbed a copy you can see this post for details. In my first London apartment we […]
Author Archive | Andreas
Friday is the big day of the cycle hire scheme launch. If you have a key that is and if you’ve activated that key. Apparently 10,000 keys such as the one below (Thanks Adam) have been sent out. Along with the key you also get various maps and information about staying safe. Wokingham Cyclist has […]
Today I’m releasing a second eBook to subscribers called “Guide to Cycling in London”. Most of the content from it is applicable to cycling in any city. It is a 37 page eBook filled with great cycling advice catered for everyday cyclists. Here is quick overview of what you get: How to find the perfect […]
Last Saturday was the Dunwich Dynamo. A 200km ride through the night from London Fields to a beach near Dunwich. I’m not one for preparation but this time I stocked up on the advice. From previous blog posts such in the Guardian Bike Blog and forums such as LFGSS. I took with me lots of […]
Registration for the cycle hire scheme was today launched and if you want to be one of the first to use the scheme you need to register. Registration for the year costs £45 which is generally considered the best value for money. Otherwise you can also choose weekly and daily plans. This can be completed […]
Last week when I asked about the best cycling accessory people had bought in the past 12 months I knew exactly which one I had in my mind. My Topeak Joe Blow Sport which was recently sent to me by the nice people at Extra UK. When I first pulled it out of the box […]
When the bike thief is sneaking around with a huge pair of bolt cutters under his arm he doesn’t want a bike that is security tagged. A little sticker on a visible part of the frame can identify the security marking and lately I’ve been seeing an ever greater number of people donning these stickers. […]
Cast your mind back to the first day you started cycling in the city. Don’t worry this isn’t a therapy class where I now start to ask you “how did it make you feel?”. I’d charge for that kind of service and you’d probably want to demand your money back. If you started cycling 50 […]
Today the Barclay’s Cycle Superhighways were launched at a big press and public event. TfL kindly invited me along and also promised me a couple of quick questions with the Mayor. Of course this was too good an offer to pass by so I went down after canvassing everyone on Twitter for questions to ask. […]
Alongside with today’s Cycle Superhighway launch Boris also pointed out to everyone that from the 23 of July you’ll be able to register for membership of the cycle hire scheme from: www.tfl.gov.uk/barclayscyclehire The bad news is that unless you register you won’t be able to use the bikes for another month. The reason given is […]
When I asked about the best accessory people have bought in the past 12 months Trevor mentioned a blog post he had written about some new upgrades to his bike. His post was exactly what I was hoping to hear about when I asked the question. At a cheap cost of around £30 he achieved […]
There’s a lot of tempting goodies out there for cyclists. However, only a few are a worthy addition. Perhaps for you buying an expensive Cycloc revolutionised storing your bike at home or perhaps a great bike computer has encouraged you to go cycling more often. Whilst I’m very thankful for my iPhone bike mount because […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- Bike lights definitive guide 02/02/2016
- Coboc electric bike review 02/02/2016
- What to look for in a second hand bike 29/01/2016
- Knog Blinder MOB Review 28/01/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- jhon roadbiker: Hi there. Interesting things to share that few day...
- Dave: How can I be sure it's not dazzling people?. Beca...
- Paresh: Well 18 months on, days before a court date, the d...
- Cazzy: Aldi do a lobster glove very cheap at around £8.0...
- Sorry Head: Hi John, I really can't believe what I'm readin...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[[[ Looks like the motor cuts out as you hit ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets