Way back in 2012 I rode the Mitie London Revolution. To date, it’s been one of the most fun and challenging rides I’ve ever been on. Since the rides conception just a few short years ago, it’s become one of the most popular routes amongst London cyclists, selling out each year. The 2015 edition, kicks […]
Author Archive | Andreas
It’s a well known formula: Bike + Indoor storage = Unhappy coinhabitants + messy corridor Having recently taken part in the much despised game of “find a new place to rent” one of the things I was looking at, as estate agents showed me around, was where I could potentially store my bike. Would I be […]
In a previous video, I’ve talked about 5 of the greatest dangers facing cyclists in London. Of course it’s not just about avoiding the dangers, it’s also about taking in the joys of cycling in London. In the new video, I wanted to explore 10 of the greatest joys London cyclists experience. We often forget many of these […]
Note: This offer has now expired. Thank you! The last time we did a bike servicing offer with Lunar Cycles in Kentish Town, things got a little crazy and we sold a lot more than we expected. Since then, a lot of people have been asking me when we’re going to do a follow on […]
There is an invisible hierarchy in London. It looks like this: Underground passenger Car driver Bus passenger Cyclist Runner Walker The Underground user is at the bottom of the hierarchy. They get to see little, to none of the city. A little further up, a driver, gets to see more. However, despite what car manufacturers will try […]
An interesting article in the Evening Standard caught my attention last week. Inside, behavioural psychologist Crawford Hollingworth, suggested some quick changes cyclists can make to their next bike ride. As a reader of London Cyclist, you already know the importance of glancing over your shoulder and of the dangers posed by lorries with large blind spots, so […]
On a rainy bike ride home, it’s hard for the mind not to wonder towards dreamier climates. My mind always wonders back to my cycling holiday along the Rhine in Germany and inevitably to the many pints consumed along the way. Cycling Holidays are great fun and a great way to socialise, and we really are spoilt […]
This is a guest post by George of Bring Your Own Bike. Have you ever made your own sandwich? You’ll know the stages: agonising over the individual components, carefully assembling the parts, finally standing back to admire the finished article and then taking that first sweet bite through the crust and into the filling. You […]
What, you still do your own laundry? You fire up the washing machine, throw in the colours separately, add the powder and then put it in the drier when it’s done? Then you manually fold it? That’s so old school! After all, this is the 21st century that we live in and there’s an app […]
Guest post by Joe Plommer, a photographer and writer based in Camberwell. You’ll find Joe on Twitter. Illustration via Mayumi Mori. I must first have visited Bob’s Cycles, on Walworth’s John Ruskin street, in around 2006. I was a student, and had recently left my long-standing part-time job at one of London’s major bike shop chains. This […]
Guest post by Tom Allen. Alongside cycling in general, bicycle travel is undergoing a real growth spurt. More and more people are discovering the joys of using their bikes to see the world beyond their local rides. This is gratifying, because I know from experience that bicycle travel has the power to change lives. We’ve […]
This is a guest post by Alex Bodini, Co-Founder of Fixation London. We, like many others, have quietly observed the increase in cyclists on the roads of the UK with a big smile on our face over the past 5 years – we are bike people, always have been, always will be, so whether its road bikes, BMXs, mountain […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- New legislation forces lorries to use new safety measures 02/09/2015
- How to get a bike in shape for cycle to work day 27/08/2015
- Brompton bags – Full range review 26/08/2015
- My how they grow, Boris Bikes turn 5! 22/08/2015
- Bags for Cyclists – Brooks Pickwick rucksack review 20/08/2015
- Bags for cyclists – Trakke Wee Lug Messenger Bag review 19/08/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Brad: So this evening I left my house and as soon as I c...
- the5mile Cyclist: Great article. Ahead of tomorrows Cycle to Work...
- Cameron: Ah Boris Bikes, the gateway drug which helped redi...
- Nobody: I ride and have ridden a bicycle in London on a nu...
- Vincent: > Chains need TLC too, and depending on the con...
- Vincent: There's an even bigger alternative to the T-Bag, ...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets