Mr No Battery Life asks: I wonder if in your editorial you might be able to do some surveying of mobile phone peripherals? I have been using MapMyRide to plot my routes, but my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) runs out of battery before I finish, even on a 30 miler. So might you do something […]
Author Archive | Andreas
In Spanish: ““¡Mi desviador esta roto!” In Swedish: “Min växelförare är trasig!” Now you know how to say my derailleur is broken in two more languages! Just don’t ask me how to pronounce the Swedish version… Our bike maintenance guide for iPhone and iPad now has two more languages. If your settings are in either […]
I’m sure many fellow cyclists can relate. 1. Avoid maintenance, until the brakes barely work I was having a chat with a friend of mine recently who runs a bike shop in London. Someone came in to the shop with £200 worth of repairs to their bike that needed doing. They decided they would leave it until after Christmas and […]
Let’s say I: Own a £1000 bike Plus £150 worth of bike accessories – my lock, lights, mudguard etc. I tend to leave my bike in my house and at work in a secure garage. Once a week I leave my bike overnight in London, when I go out for after work drinks (Around 14 hours) I have a […]
Registration for a place in the 2015 London Revolution has just opened. If you’ve been following London Cyclist for a while, you’ll know this is one of our favourite rides. I rode it in 2012, Sam, one of our contributors, rode it in 2013 and I’m sure I’ll be taking part again in the near future. […]
I hate shopping for trousers. It’s one of those items that you’ll wear all the time and will last for years, which makes it feel like it’s a big decision. As I hate shopping for them, I end up wearing my old trousers so much that eventually they get a hole in them. That’s what happened with […]
“The Swiss Army Knife of bike shops” is how I summarised MiCycle in 2010 after being thoroughly impressed by all the services offered. Since then, they’ve expanded from one store in Islington, to another in Stroud Green and now a new store is opening in Hackney. MiCycle is a summary of how I like my […]
Transport for London have announced detailed consultation plans for two new Cycle Superhighways. They are the first two routes that really deserve the superhighway label. The East-West route will take you from Barking to Acton. An 18 mile route that will see some of the most dangerous junctions in London completely re-imagined. It will continue from Cycle Superhighway […]
All the cyclists are patiently waiting at a traffic light. Should they jump it instead? Risking a fine For a start, if they were caught, they would be issued with a £50 Fixed Penalty Notice. In 2013, over 4,000 cyclists were issued a Fixed Penalty Notice after jumping a red light or ignoring a road sign. […]
“Let’s do a weekend away!” your friend enthusiastically suggests. Five minutes later you are throwing out ideas: Let’s go coasteering! Let’s go mountain biking! Let’s go kayaking! Let’s go rock climbing! Two weeks go by with no planning, and suddenly you’re leaving in two days time. You frantically book hotels, Google mountain biking in Devon […]
I sat down on a sunny day in Lord’s Tavern with Alex Schlagman, co-founder of Pocket High Street and owner of this very orange bicycle. His London based startup has created an app that allows cyclists to type in an item they’re looking for and then get prices in London’s bike shops. They can then buy the item […]
I don’t know if you know this, but on London Cyclist we’ve got a bit of thing for chatting about smartphones and bikes: iPhone apps for cyclists Using GPS on your Android or iPhone Tigra iPhone 5 bike mount Cycling apps for Android Up until very recently, we even sold iPhone bike mounts in our eShop. […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 3 odd changes to make your next bike ride safer than the last 05/03/2015
- Top 10 European Cycling Destinations 24/02/2015
- 5 of the best bike storage options 24/02/2015
- Build your dream bike step-by-step with the BYOB workshop 23/02/2015
- What’s the most versatile style of bike? 20/02/2015
- Laundrapp review – laundry for busy people 17/02/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[ Oops!...I just noticed this thread is reall...
- Alehouse Rock: [[[[[ PAUL----spot on, squire! Walkways are for ...
- Paul: Cyclists have a responsibility to be lawful like a...
- andrewinuk: so...... how did the wisp end up? and do you still...
- ed: its called 'native advertising' Phil, A vast chu...
- Andreas: Cheers Phil - Though to be clear, there was no exc...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets