The cycling community is almost like its own little nation. We all share one hobby, or ‘nationality’ – we’re all from Cyclocity (or Veloham?) – if you like. However, within Cyclocity there are a number of diverse groups. We tend to either ride alone, or in groups with our own demographic. On a weekend, roadies […]
Archive | October, 2013
It only seems fitting after our top 10 summer cycling accessories, we do a roundup of our top 10 winter cycling accessories. DHB EQ 2.5 winter cycling jacket This jacket is built for cold, wet weather. With seams taped and waterproof zips, as well as a high neck and long back, you’ll arrive dry at […]
Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. The shower at my workplace has recently been deep cleaned. I’m not suggesting that this has never happened before, but it was enough of a novelty that Facilities put up signs weeks before the event, alerting us to its imminent occurrence and asking us to remove any belongings. […]
Would you like to find London’s best bike shops, cycle cafes, bike rentals and mobile bike repair mechanics? That’s what the free London Cyclist app aims to do. To download, search the app store for London Cyclist or: It’s available for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. In future, it will also be making its […]
“I am desperately worried about you cycling in London. You are not a driver and don’t realise the hazards of cycling in such a busy area even with cycle paths. I was knocked off my bike when I was young and cars and lorries appear from nowhere.” – A concerned mother of a cyclist in […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Autumn is a tricky time of year, at least when it comes to choosing what to wear to cycle in. It’s not yet cold enough for the heavy-duty winter gear, but you still need something to keep off the early morning chill. Enter Endura’s Pakajak. The Endura Pakajak likes […]
It can be tempting to poke your nose outside as rain falls from the sky in buckets, shake your head, and take the train instead – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Wet weather riding can be strangely liberating if done right – and if you can’t enjoy it, there are things you can do […]
When the Deloitte Ride Across Britain team sent over these pictures, my jaw dropped. The ride looks stunning. Covering 3 countries, over the course of 9 days and pedalling a total of 969 miles. This has to be the biggest challenge in UK cycling. Starting on Saturday September 6th 2014 from Lands End in Cornwall, the event […]
When we reviewed the Endura Urban Range back in July, we mentioned that there was a leather glove available as part of the range. We hadn’t tried it out though – because it was July, hot and we were enjoying the feeling – which is rare in this country – that you get when you […]
Case Logic are a well known brand when it comes to making laptop sleeves and carriers, and we’ve been putting one of their latest products through the mill on the bike as well. Messenger bags – or at least the sort used by couriers through London – are pretty sizeable things, and they need to […]
Timbuk2 bags review There is no brand so synonymous with messenger bags as Timbuk2, and the original San Francisco company have a wide array of bags – not just messenger – on the market. We’ve put two of them to the test. Classic Messenger bag review Visit Timbuk2’s website and you’ll see that […]
Cycling starts off as a lovely simple hobby – you pop on your trainers, strap a helmet to your head, jump on the bike and off you go. Then – a couple of years pass and suddenly you have multiple pedals, a collection of steeds, several helmets for different purposes, and more saddles and stems […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 8 tips for riding home in the dark 29/10/2014
- How to put a bike away for hibernation (if you must!) 26/10/2014
- Comprehensive look at bicycle insurance options 25/10/2014
- Mitie London Revolution places are now open 22/10/2014
- 8 Tips to keep you riding all year 22/10/2014
- On and off the bike: 5 stylish clip shoes for men 20/10/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Roger: *i mean 'DON'T ELIMINATE THE DOPEY DRIVER FACTOR...
- Roger: Hi viz and good lights are essential but they elim...
- j santley: hi this is worth claiming for please contact me i ...
- Kristin: I live in Florida, so I bike 365 days a year. My t...
- Richard: Ninja Cyclist - rides at night in black clothing w...
- Nyge: Hi Viz or 800 Lumens - it's got to be better than...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists