The cycling community is almost like its own little nation. We all share one hobby, or ‘nationality’ – we’re all from Cyclocity (or Veloham?) – if you like. However, within Cyclocity there are a number of diverse groups. We tend to either ride alone, or in groups with our own demographic. On a weekend, roadies […]
Archive | October, 2013
It only seems fitting after our top 10 summer cycling accessories, we do a roundup of our top 10 winter cycling accessories. DHB EQ 2.5 winter cycling jacket This jacket is built for cold, wet weather. With seams taped and waterproof zips, as well as a high neck and long back, you’ll arrive dry at […]
Guest post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. The shower at my workplace has recently been deep cleaned. I’m not suggesting that this has never happened before, but it was enough of a novelty that Facilities put up signs weeks before the event, alerting us to its imminent occurrence and asking us to remove any belongings. […]
Would you like to find London’s best bike shops, cycle cafes, bike rentals and mobile bike repair mechanics? That’s what the free London Cyclist app aims to do. It’s available today on iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. In future, it will also be making its way to Android devices. To download, search the app store […]
“I am desperately worried about you cycling in London. You are not a driver and don’t realise the hazards of cycling in such a busy area even with cycle paths. I was knocked off my bike when I was young and cars and lorries appear from nowhere.” – A concerned mother of a cyclist in […]
Post by Jude from Cycling with Heels. Autumn is a tricky time of year, at least when it comes to choosing what to wear to cycle in. It’s not yet cold enough for the heavy-duty winter gear, but you still need something to keep off the early morning chill. Enter Endura’s Pakajak. The Endura Pakajak likes […]
It can be tempting to poke your nose outside as rain falls from the sky in buckets, shake your head, and take the train instead – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Wet weather riding can be strangely liberating if done right – and if you can’t enjoy it, there are things you can do […]
When the Deloitte Ride Across Britain team sent over these pictures, my jaw dropped. The ride looks stunning. Covering 3 countries, over the course of 9 days and pedalling a total of 969 miles. This has to be the biggest challenge in UK cycling. Starting on Saturday September 6th 2014 from Lands End in Cornwall, the event […]
When we reviewed the Endura Urban Range back in July, we mentioned that there was a leather glove available as part of the range. We hadn’t tried it out though – because it was July, hot and we were enjoying the feeling – which is rare in this country – that you get when you […]
Case Logic are a well known brand when it comes to making laptop sleeves and carriers, and we’ve been putting one of their latest products through the mill on the bike as well. Messenger bags – or at least the sort used by couriers through London – are pretty sizeable things, and they need to […]
Timbuk2 bags review There is no brand so synonymous with messenger bags as Timbuk2, and the original San Francisco company have a wide array of bags – not just messenger – on the market. We’ve put two of them to the test. Classic Messenger bag review Visit Timbuk2’s website and you’ll see that […]
Cycling starts off as a lovely simple hobby – you pop on your trainers, strap a helmet to your head, jump on the bike and off you go. Then – a couple of years pass and suddenly you have multiple pedals, a collection of steeds, several helmets for different purposes, and more saddles and stems […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top gilets for spring riding 12/03/2014
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Other Side of the Pond: I live in Seattle, which has a similar climate to ...
- Michael Henry: Very interesting! I added this to my own blog and...
- Jessica Drake: I don't know what it is about our area - the cycl...
- Eddie: I wish more horse riders were like you Jessica. :)...
- Vincent: Matt > Mudguards are a waste of time in my opin...
- Jessica Drake: Yes I suppose there are good and bad cyclists and ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now