As soon as the medals started coming in, it’s clear most people changed their views about the Olympics and enjoyed the spirit of the games. Whilst there’s no doubt there’s plenty of controversy behind it all, I thought today would be a good time for to hear some of your experiences from the games. I’ve [...]
Archive | August, 2012
There’s a new site on the block called Newsflare. It’s a place for people to upload their newsworthy videos which are then syndicated to news organisations. Any clips that are sold, you then get paid. To promote it, they’ve decided to partner up with London Cyclist for the Olympics and Paralympics. If you’ve got helmet [...]
It’s fate. Just as my Knog Skink LED Rear Light decided it no longer wished to serve me, and packed up, leaving me riding home with my front light on the rear of the bike, Knog got in touch with me about the Knog Blinder 4V. Would I like to test it out? I certainly [...]
This is a guest post by Hannah of Visit Wales mountain biking website. Well, it’s proving to be a fantastic summer of sport isn’t it? To build on the excitement of the greatest sporting event in the world taking place on our doorstep, Visit Wales is challenging people to head for Wales on holiday and [...]
Taking off to Newquay last weekend to see how my balance translates from a bicycle on to a surfboard, I was particularly excited about one item I was taking with me. Bicycle, is a new book by illustrator Ugo Gattoni. For the cycling enthusiast, it is nothing short of a visual feast. The experience of [...]
This is one of those little bike maintenance tricks that I just had to share! For a while I struggled with punctures on my single speed bike. The problem was, it was difficult to pull the wheel back to get the chain adequately tensioned and at the same time secure it in place. It’s one [...]
“Millions of bicycles are thrown away or left to rust in the UK while millions of people in Africa are forced by lack of transport to walk up to 4-hours per day, to school, work or fetching water.” “Re~Cycle ships donated bikes (41,000 thus far), tools and spare parts to Africa, where partner organisations refurbish [...]
If you want to break out of London for the weekend then where can you cycle to? That was the question posed to me by London Cyclist reader David. Below I post some of the classic destinations along with route suggestions where possible. Feel free to add your comment if there’s a cycling destination you [...]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bring your camera: 6 great photogenic spots to cycle to in London 15/05/2013
- Rapha & Raeburn City Wind Jacket review 13/05/2013
- Finding a bicycle utopia in Belize 10/05/2013
- Vulpine Merino T-Shirt review 09/05/2013
- How westminster plans to keep the cyclists out and Simon Cowell in 08/05/2013
- MITIE London Revolution is now the largest multi-day sportive in the UK 07/05/2013
- http://idi-catteau.com: Hi there, I discovered your blog by the use of G...
- tbefshbxk: cheap gucci purses she like best like online...
- Philip: I agree with making eye contact - you've just mad...
- Audrius: In my motherland (Lithuania) we have pretty hefty ...
- Jon: I too have the Topeak Aero Wedge but I'm not a ma...
- Phil Russell: [[[[ SteveP----The Police "Cycle Task Force" are...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets