It has emerged over the past 24 hours that the first cyclist to be killed in London this year was an experienced courier. This is a poignant reminder that even if you follow safety advice and have experience there are still many dangers out there. It also brings home once more the importance of campaigns [...]
Archive | February, 2012
With two bikes clogging my room and one clogging the hallway, it’s easy to think this house belongs to some kind of fanatical cycling blogger. That couldn’t be further from the truth. The house doesn’t belong to me, I rent. However, as one reader recently asked me via email, which one do I use to [...]
We all like to think we are the fastest cyclist around town. Especially those who like to play the silly commuter race. You know who you are! But how rare is it to get a chance to actually prove it in a 250 metre sprint challenge? The Deloitte Ride Across Britain City 250 Challenge was [...]
In my adventures in trying to dress up as Lala from the Teletubbies I’ve found the ATC Mini Helmet Camera to be an irreplaceable accessory. Teletubby impersonations aside, what does the ATC Mini Helmet Camera by Oregon Scientific offer cyclists? High quality HD video In tests with the ATC Mini helmet camera for cyclists, I’ve [...]
Three months ago Times Reporter Mary Bowers was hit by a lorry as she made her way to her office. She remains in critical condition in hospital. Today, her colleagues have launched a campaign to call for safer measures to be put in place to protect cyclists. The campaign has a front page position in [...]
If you’ve ever stood, ridden or driven through Euston Circus you’ll know it is a nightmare. An area infested with fumes, ear piercing screeches of buses coming to a halt and sirens every 20 seconds. This is a part of London that you can’t wait to get away from as soon as possible. Yet, in [...]
I was giving a mini tour around London to my friend Lucy recently (Showing those Brummies a bit of London!). We were in Covent Garden at the time, when she told me she was looking for a pair of gloves that allow you to use your touch screen phone without taking them off. I was [...]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 10 of the best cycling forums 18/06/2013
- Cyclist rant: London’s potholes 14/06/2013
- Merino tops for cyclists 12/06/2013
- Do you use a bike bell? 11/06/2013
- Google Glass and cycling – a match made in heaven? 10/06/2013
- 10 of the most popular London cycling blogs 07/06/2013
- Jimniod: Perhaps all roads should be allowed to decay to ru...
- Hugo: On the contrary, I think it is perfectly relevant....
- Nick: Chris, either Nicholas is a troll or he needs to b...
- Jon: When I am on my bike I prefer to treat pedestrians...
- Chris: Are you mad, or just plain dumb? This is exactly ...
- Nicholas Fripp: I agree a bell is useless in warning motorists, bu...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now