Ever so often I like to reach out to readers of London Cyclist to hear about their feelings on a certain topic. In the past that has led to the London Cycle Routes eBook which was highly requested. This time I’d like to find out everyone’s thoughts on bicycle maintenance. Whether you love maintaining your […]
Archive | February, 2012
The recent ride to parliament gathered 2,000 cyclists according to police estimates. The ride is just one of many that has recently been organised either to remember a cyclist tragically lost on London’s roads or to campaign for change. I’ve attended a couple such rides myself. It was a chance to show my support and […]
What do quaint seaside villages, great seafood, picture-perfect medieval towns, stone age monuments dotting the landscape, crepes, galettes and hundreds of kilometers of car-free cycling paths have in common? They are just a few of the special treats to be enjoyed on a cycling holiday in Brittany! Whether you go for a week or a […]
I’ve always prided myself as running London Cyclist as a blog for the casual cyclist. However, when a friend of mine recently asked me for advice on buying a new bike, I was worried I may be turning in to a bit of a bike snob. He picked out a hybrid bike for around £200. […]
I currently find myself over 5,000 miles away from London in Guatemala. (I’d forgotten what it was like to be warm and walk around in a t-shirt – very nice!). In the run up to the trip I strongly considered bringing my bike over here with me. Eventually, I decided that it would be easier […]
If you are finding the cold weather is taking some of the fun out of cycling then here’s a selection of cycling gear that promises to keep your body temperature at a comfortable level, no matter how low the temperature gage drops. DHB Windtex Skull Cap At £19.99 this is a good buy from Wiggle. […]
I was contacted recently about the ThermaCare Heat Wraps which are part of the Pfizer portfolio. They offered me 100 free Heat Wraps to test and I thought it would be a good idea to do a group test on these and see what everyone thinks. If it helps then great, come back and report […]
This time next week they’ll be a debate held in parliament on cycle safety. In the run up to the debate I thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with my MP for Westminster Karen Buck. I wanted to show that this was an important issue for me and also highlight […]
You want to wear high visibility clothing? That’s fine, by all means, it’s a good idea and I hope you continue doing so. My argument here isn’t against high vis clothing. My argument is: Don’t just rely on high vis clothing. There is something that far surpasses the power of high vis. Road positioning. At […]
With a passionate speech and a huge round of applause the LCC Love London Go Dutch campaign was officially launched last Thursday. I for one, am very pleased to see the London Cycling Campaign reaching out to its members and responding to cyclist concerns. Namely a concern that goes a little something along the lines […]
With the recent news that France has granted cyclists the right to disregard red lights at certain junctions ("Griller les feux"), perhaps such a rule no longer seems far fetched for the UK. The initial trial involves 15 intersections in Paris. Under the new rules cyclists will have to continue to yield to pedestrians and […]
If you think the idea of cyclists wearing headphones is one of the stupidest things you’ve ever heard then that would make two of us. It’s why when I was approached by Chilli Technology to review their Bone Conduction Headphones my interest was piqued. The headphones claim to allow you to keep awareness of your […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 fun bikes you should try to ride 17/04/2014
- Changes to make to your cycle commute in summer 15/04/2014
- Cycling tech that’s from the future 14/04/2014
- 7 London bike shops you should follow on Twitter 08/04/2014
- RideLondon-Surrey 100: Our top tips and your place in the 2014 event 08/04/2014
- 10 weird and wonderful accessories you can buy for your bike 07/04/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- video chistoso youtube: magnificent issues altogether, you simply gained a...
- Urban Cycles: Hey Abdreas, I think I'll happily leave others to...
- Ricky: Simple solution when leaving your bike to go to th...
- lose weight now ask me how: When some one searches for his necessary thing, th...
- Kieren: "GPX Reader" on Android seems the best for me so...
- David Bates: If it's something fun and different you want to t...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now