Cycling is a great way to meet new people and discover new parts of the world. That’s exactly what I did last Saturday on the BikeMinded Cake and Coffee tour. BikeMinded is the brain child of cycling enthusiast Kathryn King (pictured on the right) as part of the Kensington and Chelsea plan to expand cycling […]
Archive | September, 2011
With the sun gleaming from the sky above, there was only one thing I had planned to do today and I couldn’t wait to get moving. Therefore, out came the Voodoo Canzo. A £999 mountain bike which performs well above its pay grade. Compared to my road bike, the Canzo is a sumo of the […]
You like running, or cycling, or just generally doing things that burn off those 4 pints you had last Friday after work – it was a leaving do after all. But its hard to stay motivated. Trust me, as an Olympic gold medallist in procrastination I know. Fortunately, one well known secret that is proven […]
Bicycle storage is traditionally a fairly ugly affair. But what if you could have a bike stand that could fit in nicely in a modern home or trendy office? That’s what London design studio Quarterre have come up with. I caught up with the team at Look Mum No Hands to hear about their first […]
Special thanks for the inspiration behind this post go out to my friend Rob who’s just become a cyclist and the helpful chap in Camden Cycle Surgery. The essential bike accessories Lock, lights, helmet, track pump and lockable skewers. 1. Bike lock Suggestion: Kryptonite New York 3000 Price: £65 In-store or online: In-store (Cycle to […]
In this weeks comment Friday we’re dreaming of our next bike purchase. Road bike, single speed, mountain bike… what takes your fancy as a potential next bike purchase? My next bike purchase will be a…. This weeks posts if you missed them: Guide to finding a cycling buddy Trailer for the new movie Premium Rush […]
What’s the typical image of a handyman? Someone who tells you they’ll turn up between 10am at 4pm and turn up at 5pm, ums and ahs and then provides you with a highly inflated price which you grudgingly agree to because you need to get the job done. What if someone turned up on time, […]
Popcorn and beers are in order as this years Bicycle Film Festival is just around the corner. The Barbican is the venue and the 5th to the 9th of October are the dates you’ll need in your calendar. Fortunately, tickets are just £9.50 so you’ll not need to dig too deep to get your yearly […]
I’ve been getting a few emails lately that go along the lines of: “Oh holy Andreas, with your infinite cycling wisdom, how do I go about finding more people to cycle with?” Personally, I enjoy going out for a ride with a friend. It combines a good catch up with exercise and enjoyment of the […]
A new movie will be hitting cinemas in February of 2012 called Premium Rush. The trailer above gives plenty of the story line away. Do you think you’ll be watching? Via road.cc
At 11am tomorrow (Sunday 18th of September) the Tour of Britain is returning to central London. This is the grand finale and there’s a good chance to take a look at it along the route. The route takes in Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and the Tower of London. On the day they’ll be a time […]
It’s a normal day at work when suddenly a new message pops up in your inbox: “Congratulations on your new job as head of TfL!”. Reading the email you are excited. Not only do you have a fat new pay check to look forward to every month but your first task in office is to […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 most popular London Cyclist posts in 2014 15/12/2014
- London Cycle Hire price changes from January 2015 15/12/2014
- Staying cycling fit over Christmas 15/12/2014
- LUMO cycling gear for stylish visibility 15/12/2014
- Amazon but for local bike shops 11/12/2014
- How to wrap bar tape, and 5 cool designs 11/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- DoyleRickett: It really is pretty easy yet it will need some pat...
- Mark: hi gary. thanks for th advice but i like the idea ...
- Gary: I have been using my Orp (see above) for about 11 ...
- Mark: hi simon. i have racing handlebars but was worried...
- Mark: i read a review that said the hornit was a bit of ...
- Mark: well said andrew! :-)...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets