One of the new repairs shortly coming to Bike Doctor is suspension sag adjustment. This is something that all mountain bike riders should do on a new mountain bike to account for their weight and riding style. It should also form part of an occasional maintenance routine. Suspension on a mountain bike reduces rider fatigue […]
Archive | August, 2011
As an example of the mindless violence going on in London, MiCycle, a bike shop run by the lovely couple Matthew and Penny, has been attacked. This is a small business, that we’ve praised previously on London Cyclist. In-fact when interviewing Matthew and Penny they told me how they wanted to reach out to the […]
Inside a converted double decker bus in East London resides the Bicycle Library. From the bus you can borrow one of seven different types of bikes. These are: Folding MiniVelo FixGearSingleSpeed (FGSS) LadiesCoaster MensCoaster Cargo Electric You can then either test this bike out around the circuit or, with a deposit, ride it away for […]
With news of the scheme expanding east and west, love stories on Boris Bikes and news of how cycle hire schemes saves lives… you can’t help but ask: How are you getting along now, with the cycle hire scheme? There was plenty of fuss in the beginning about overcharges, cards not working and docking problems. […]
“You look like that guy from x-men!” “Thanks mate”. My unhelpful friend had a point. The Polaroid Glide P7130A cycling sunglasses did give you a bit of a Cyclops look: Other than making you look like Cyclops and giving you +1 on the how much you look like you are riding the TdF scale, what […]
There’s been a lot of huffing and puffing by cycling bloggers, campaigners and politicians recently over TfL’s road layout plans for Blackfriars Bridge. But try as they collectively might, they cannot blow over the new plans. TfL is sticking to its guns. Like a dictator, clinging on to their seat of power. However, I for […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Best carbon road bikes for under £1000 31/07/2014
- GPS bike locks 30/07/2014
- Knog Party Combo bike lock review 29/07/2014
- Shipping your bike 28/07/2014
- 3 things I prefer about cycling in Austin, Texas 27/07/2014
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Andreas: Hey Caroline - apologies for not being clear in th...
- Andreas: The GPS would only really work to track a stolen b...
- Caroline Downunder: Tom and Owen I agree with you... if you are going ...
- Tom: Hmm... once again Kickstarter is solving the probl...
- Steve: Have to say Andrew has been great, mine was only r...
- Owen Billcliffe: I like the use of tech in those locks, although I ...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists