One of the new repairs shortly coming to Bike Doctor is suspension sag adjustment. This is something that all mountain bike riders should do on a new mountain bike to account for their weight and riding style. It should also form part of an occasional maintenance routine. Suspension on a mountain bike reduces rider fatigue […]
Archive | August, 2011
As an example of the mindless violence going on in London, MiCycle, a bike shop run by the lovely couple Matthew and Penny, has been attacked. This is a small business, that we’ve praised previously on London Cyclist. In-fact when interviewing Matthew and Penny they told me how they wanted to reach out to the […]
Inside a converted double decker bus in East London resides the Bicycle Library. From the bus you can borrow one of seven different types of bikes. These are: Folding MiniVelo FixGearSingleSpeed (FGSS) LadiesCoaster MensCoaster Cargo Electric You can then either test this bike out around the circuit or, with a deposit, ride it away for […]
With news of the scheme expanding east and west, love stories on Boris Bikes and news of how cycle hire schemes saves lives… you can’t help but ask: How are you getting along now, with the cycle hire scheme? There was plenty of fuss in the beginning about overcharges, cards not working and docking problems. […]
“You look like that guy from x-men!” “Thanks mate”. My unhelpful friend had a point. The Polaroid Glide P7130A cycling sunglasses did give you a bit of a Cyclops look: Other than making you look like Cyclops and giving you +1 on the how much you look like you are riding the TdF scale, what […]
There’s been a lot of huffing and puffing by cycling bloggers, campaigners and politicians recently over TfL’s road layout plans for Blackfriars Bridge. But try as they collectively might, they cannot blow over the new plans. TfL is sticking to its guns. Like a dictator, clinging on to their seat of power. However, I for […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Why you should watch the Cyclocross in Milton Keynes on Saturday 26/11/2014
- How not to use bike lights 26/11/2014
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- CJ Bill: Indeed remerson, I do find people who have their l...
- Mark: It's not strictly true that no clipless pedals in...
- remerson: - Understand the difference between lights that ar...
- E: And don't point high lumen lights into other driv...
- Peter: Almost as bad as letting your batteries run out, i...
- Joe: If you're locking your bike against a lamp post (...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now