What makes a good road cycling route? Living in central London means the little quiet country lanes that are excellent for road cycling are often a short train ride away. Therefore, when I’m researching a good route I tend to look for easy train access. Ideally, I want the cycle route to be a good […]
Archive | August, 2011
If you’ve decided a road bike is what you are looking for, then it makes sense to get the most value for your money. Below, I’ve rounded up three road bikes that promise to perform to a high level without depleting your wallet. Remember, when buying a bike the most important measurement isn’t necessarily your […]
The overriding message of this blog, from the beginning, is that cycling can be done with any bike. I’m living proof of this. If you ever popped round to my house for a cup of tea, looking outside at the tatty old hybrid bike you’d wonder if it really is “the London Cyclist” who lives […]
There’s a new service started just a few days ago called Buyapowa. It aims to bring the bulk buy discounts that have previously only been enjoyed by retailers and make them available to you and me. Robin, who is part of Buyapowa got in touch with me a week ago to ask: What sort of […]
I’ve launched a fun little side project today to London Cyclist which should complement some of the things we cover here on the blog. It’s the London Cyclist Shop (creative naming, I know) which aims to sell only a small selection of some of the best cycling gear we’ve previously reviewed and loved. The first […]
When we reached Strasbourg, our end destination on our cycling tour along the Rhine, I wondered whether we had inexplicably slipped into a parallel universe. A place where bikes, not cars, rule the roost. Strasbourg is the dictionary definition of a pleasant town. Its city centre, Grande Île, which is surrounded by a canal, is […]
During our cycling trip along the Rhine in Germany my cycling buddy borrowed my Overboard Panniers. I had two reasons to be jealous.
Note: This is a sponsored post With a growth in popularity of cycle schemes to and from work places, what is needed when cyclists reach their destination is safe bicycle parking. Allpark Ltd work with businesses to provide cycle parking solutions that make the best use of the space available. This post will be useful […]
It’s 9.15pm and we’ve managed to find an open restaurant in Speyer. I flick through the menu and nothing is in English. I recognise Schnitzel, Tomatensuppe, baguette. It’s all I’ve been eating the past few days and I’d like a pasta. From what I’ve gleaned from Lance Armstrong’s autobiography, pasta equals good food for cyclists. […]
As our plane freed itself from the gravitational confines of the earth, I tucked my head into my book. A calm flight lasting an hour and fifteen minutes lay ahead of me. However, the past three hours had been anything but calm. Everything started at 4 am. Awoken rudely by my alarm I climbed out […]
If you want to mingle with fellow cyclists, improve your fitness or just head out on long rides then a cycling club is a good option. Finding the right one isn’t the easiest thing, but the British Cycling Club finder is a good place to start. Another great way to find a good one is […]
The Southbank Centre, located in one of my favourite parts of London, is celebrating the 60th Festival of Britain. As part of that they have a number of free cycling events worth a look. Drop-in workshop (Saturday 13th of August) Free advice from Cycle Training UK as well as maintenance help. 12pm to 4pm More […]
Join 8,231 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Top tips for those thinking of hitting the turbo trainer 13/12/2013
- Who will step in to sponsor the cycle hire scheme? 13/12/2013
- New cycle safety film illustrates a lorry driver’s perspective 10/12/2013
- What is your bike made of? Bike frame materials and their properties 05/12/2013
- Stocking Fillers for Cyclists 02/12/2013
- The Endura Gridlock II Waterproof Trousers 29/11/2013
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Johno: It's worth pointing out that the manufacturer of ...
- arthur moses: This helps me. although light can not shine throug...
- Chris: Why even go for one sponsor? Go for several smalle...
- Alan Moore: Agreed, that is an ASTONISHING statistic. Deplorab...
- Chris: "But perhaps cyclists could hang back behind them...
- Tom: The problem is that they will never been known as ...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now