The Conservative Assembly members walkout is an outcome few could have predicted from the Blackfriars Bridge cycle safety discussion. The discussion largely surrounds a 20mph limit that has been in place during construction work on the bridge. TfL, with the support of Mayor Boris Johnson, plan on removing the 20mph limit in favour of a […]
Archive | June, 2011
A few months ago London Cyclist reader, Claire, approached me for advice on wearing masks whilst cycling to block fumes. Fortunately, at the same time, Francis from http://totobobo.com/ got in touch with me, asking if I wanted to review their cycling mask. Putting two and two together, I thought it would be an interesting experiment […]
I’m losing count of the number of iPhone bike mounts I’ve reviewed. When I initially setup London Cyclist blog I didn’t think to myself: “One day I’ll test every single iPhone bike mount ever made.” But here we are and it seems to be becoming reality! The latest one is sent to me by UltimateMobiles […]
Reading some of the comments from my recent posts about bike fit and the Brompton review it strikes me that the more one gets into cycling, the more reluctant one is to accept a one-size-fits-all bike. I mean that both in terms of the bike itself and the set up. We now need bikes for […]
Bicycle helmets as we know them today may soon become a thing of the past. Deep inside the brain of design student and all-round genius Anirudha Surabhi is an idea that is set to soon revolutionise bike helmets near you. His design is four times stronger than convention helmets whilst at the same same time […]
With good weather on the way I’m planning a little trip along London’s canals. This is the route I’ll be taking. There’s a fantastic pub on the Thames called The Grapes. It was mentioned in the Charles Dickens novel “Our Mutual Friend” and if you get there when it isn’t too busy then it’s an […]
I was on my way to the Little Greek Pie Company the other day feeling the need for a delicious pie. (I frequently get this need). Time was on my hands so I thought, you know what, I don’t fancy battling it out on the busy roads, I’m going to hit the quiet back streets […]
“Take it for a test drive!” “Sure”, I said, “what’s the harm?” Within a few seconds my name was being signed on a piece of paper. The bike was now my responsibility. 30 seconds later I was officially in love. I had somehow suddenly found my posterior sat comfortably on a Schindelhauer Siegfried in Schist […]
The free Bicycle Music festival will be returning to Regents Park on the 4th to the 5th of June and will be part of the London Greenfair. Bands will play from 1:00 in the afternoon till 7:00 in the evening with music for all tastes and lots of space to hang around on the grass […]
We’re rapidly approaching the release date of the new London Cyclist app that contains 30 amazing cycling routes in London. If the weather today is anything to go by then it can’t come soon enough! Videos and pictures have all been added and the routes have been fine tuned to perfection. I’ve also hired a […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- The 5 Best bike shops in West London 22/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Harry-H: I have to agree with Andy about Howies - their stu...
- Andy ZE: How on earth did Howies win? Have you seen their ...
- Roger: Abus x-plus 540 230mm Abus 401 mini PitLocks So...
- Greg Lawson: I used SendBike.com a few weeks ago and spoke to w...
- Rosemary: Advice needs spreading around the country as there...
- Barry Hearn: Of course they're not have look on YouTube you'l...
35 London Cycle Routes with GPS
For just £9.95 you can discover 35 amazing cycling routes in London for training, days out with the kids and traffic free riding. The eBook also comes with GPS coordinates.
Click here to find out more now