It was Friday the 6th of May and I was hesitating. Biting my nails I nervously pondered what to do. What if they don’t like it? What if it doesn’t work? I didn’t have the answers so I reached out, put together a quick survey and attached it to the Friday newsletter. I thought to […]
Archive | May, 2011
On a recent ride to meet the guys from Foffa Bikes (more on that soon!) I started to really feel the warmer weather. For hydration I’ve always relied on a simple water bottle like that from www.qualitylogoproducts.com attached to a Topeak bottle cage. A quick stop at the traffic light gives me time for a swig […]
Carrying things around on your back is a pain. Especially in the summer months where it leads to a sweaty back. Therefore, when I’m heading out for a leisurely ride, it’s a good convenience to throw the essentials, such as a puncture repair kit and my keys, out of the way in a saddle bag. […]
If you are in London or travelling over to London to watch the Olympics then no doubt one of the events you’ll be wanting to catch a glimpse of (For free!) is the 2012 Olympic Road Race on the Saturday 28th and Sunday the 29th of July. This is a 250km route or 156 mile […]
Ah Copenhagen. How often bloggers have referred to you as the bicycle utopia. With your sit-up-and-beg bikes, trains with plenty of room for bicycles and your prioritising of cyclists over other modes of transport. And now there is a book that immortalises your cycling greatness in print. It’s called the City of Bicycle or Cyklernes […]
Debbie & Nick Sumner purchased the Wissett Plough in April 2007. Food is available every weekday from 12 noon to 2 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm. On Saturdays and Sundays they serve food all day from 12 noon till 9 pm. There is also a take-away service for fish and chips and burgers […]
There’s no shortage of charity cycling events. All for excellent causes (insert plug for our current London Cyclist Sponsor – Capital to Coast here) and many of my friends have picked this year to do running events such as half marathons. I want to know are you taking part in any charity rides this year […]
After much trial and error, testing and advice from all and sundry, I bought my first road bike, a Wilier Mortirolo about eight months ago. I was like a proud parent when I first brought it home and lavished it with love and attention. I had spent a lot of time at the bike shop […]
When I asked for advice on things to do in San Francisco there was one suggestion that repeatedly cropped up. I put it at the top of my list of things to do and I wasn’t going to miss it for the world. Or, in this case, I wasn’t going to miss it on account […]
The lovely people over at Madison recently got in touch and wanted to offer London Cyclist readers 12 of their beautifully designed Bell Helmets. I jumped on the offer and after the useful video on how to fit a bicycle helmet I have details on how you can enter! Introducing the Bell Faction Helmet 2011 […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- dhb Blok Fluoro bib shorts review 21/07/2014
- Where to watch the Tour de France TODAY 07/07/2014
- The coolest bike racks ever made 04/07/2014
- Why you got that ‘second’ puncture 04/07/2014
- 15 Tour de France facts that will make people think you’re a TdF expert at the pub 19/06/2014
- The best places in London to buy a singlespeed 19/06/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- MJ Ray: So why not just fit a hub gear wheel to your singl...
- จักรยานพับได้: Buyers favor evaluating rates of different electri...
- Andrew Hagen: Hi Beaver & Bart - we have found that in some ...
- David: I'm having to do away with my singlespeed as it'...
- mairead: This is the first sensible article on how to ride ...
- Mrs janet groves: - can't wait to hear how some cyclists get around...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets