It was Friday the 6th of May and I was hesitating. Biting my nails I nervously pondered what to do. What if they don’t like it? What if it doesn’t work? I didn’t have the answers so I reached out, put together a quick survey and attached it to the Friday newsletter. I thought to […]
Archive | May, 2011
Carrying things around on your back is a pain. Especially in the summer months where it leads to a sweaty back. Therefore, when I’m heading out for a leisurely ride, it’s a good convenience to throw the essentials, such as a puncture repair kit and my keys, out of the way in a saddle bag. […]
If you are in London or travelling over to London to watch the Olympics then no doubt one of the events you’ll be wanting to catch a glimpse of (For free!) is the 2012 Olympic Road Race on the Saturday 28th and Sunday the 29th of July. This is a 250km route or 156 mile […]
Ah Copenhagen. How often bloggers have referred to you as the bicycle utopia. With your sit-up-and-beg bikes, trains with plenty of room for bicycles and your prioritising of cyclists over other modes of transport. And now there is a book that immortalises your cycling greatness in print. It’s called the City of Bicycle or Cyklernes […]
Debbie & Nick Sumner purchased the Wissett Plough in April 2007. Food is available every weekday from 12 noon to 2 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm. On Saturdays and Sundays they serve food all day from 12 noon till 9 pm. There is also a take-away service for fish and chips and burgers […]
There’s no shortage of charity cycling events. All for excellent causes (insert plug for our current London Cyclist Sponsor – Capital to Coast here) and many of my friends have picked this year to do running events such as half marathons. I want to know are you taking part in any charity rides this year […]
After much trial and error, testing and advice from all and sundry, I bought my first road bike, a Wilier Mortirolo about eight months ago. I was like a proud parent when I first brought it home and lavished it with love and attention. I had spent a lot of time at the bike shop […]
When I asked for advice on things to do in San Francisco there was one suggestion that repeatedly cropped up. I put it at the top of my list of things to do and I wasn’t going to miss it for the world. Or, in this case, I wasn’t going to miss it on account […]
The lovely people over at Madison recently got in touch and wanted to offer London Cyclist readers 12 of their beautifully designed Bell Helmets. I jumped on the offer and after the useful video on how to fit a bicycle helmet I have details on how you can enter! Introducing the Bell Faction Helmet 2011 […]
Get our free guide to cycling in London by joining the London Cyclist newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Alehouse Rock: Very interesting stuffo....
- Har hari: This to the guy who is in the video about locking ...
- Frank Tompson: Above you say 'Let’s start with the Best iPhone...
- JB: I am going to have to stop reading this colum as i...
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists